Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-16, 12:00 AM  
LizEMA

Question Cathe Downloads -- premixes?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but does anyone know if the premixes that are available on her DVDS come with the downloadable versions of her workouts?

Answers: Thanks, everyone. That was what I suspected, but I just wanted to confirm.

Last edited by LizEMA; 04-05-16 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Update
LizEMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 04:47 AM  
bubbles76

I don't think her downloads have the premixes.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 09:12 AM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but does anyone know if the premixes that are available on her DVDS come with the downloadable versions of her workouts?
Nope, they don't. Had I known that going in, I would not have purchased the download only option !!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 09:24 AM  
mtngoat

If the old Workout Blender works for you, you can create your own premixes. The software is old and they are no longer supporting it.

It still works on my computer (which is old). I use the Workout Blender to separate the chapters. (It basically breaks the workouts down into a bunch of little files, each one being a chapter of the workout.) I then use the chapters to create playlists of the premixes I want (and some combinations of my own).

I'm going to have to make sure I have done this for all my Cathe downloads before getting a new computer. It's really a shame they didn't keep the original WB going - streaming is definitely where their effort is going.

ps. Perhaps they should offer the downloads the way skilljar does (Margaret Richards, Lauren Brooks) - as a single download, and downloadable by chapters.

eta: I just posted this as a suggestion on Cathe's Forum. I hope that they respond!

eta: Even if the WB hangs on you, it is possible that the chapter files have already been created. You need to find the location of the working directory. You can then use these files to create premixes in a playlist.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 04-05-16 at 09:40 AM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 01:49 PM  
LizEMA

Lori,
Thanks so much for your in-depth suggestions! I don't have the old Workout Blender so that wouldn't be an option for me, but I bet that's something old WB users would find helpful!

Carrie and bubbles: Thanks for the confirmation. It didn't appear to be that the premixes would be available on the DL versions, but I wanted to make sure. If I buy her workouts, I want to make sure I'm getting EVERYTHING.
Old 04-05-16, 01:54 PM  
mtngoat

You're welcome Liz.

The Workout Blender is still available for download at Cathe's site.

I don't know if you want to give it a try or not - like all software, if it works for you, it's great. If it doesn't, it can cause a lot of grief.

If you haven't actually purchased the downloads yet, to be honest I'd probably pass and stick with the DVDs or streaming.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe downloads, downloads, margaret richard download, skilljar