Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-15, 02:29 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
You write that as if it's a death sentence when actually a Bellicon is a top of the line rebounder with a top of the line mat and bungees. Numerous people who have multiple rebounder including the Bellicon have talked about the greater quality.

I think the folks who "have no choice" are actually lucky. They'll buy one rebounder and have it for the long haul.
I don't think Barb meant it as a "death sentence."just that heavier people might have less options. Bellicon might be top of the line but it is out of the price range of most people.
And she is entitled to her opinion that for her the difference didn't justify spending the extra money. Even if you do not agree with her there is no need to belittle her.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 02:31 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakko View Post
Something else to consider is that the bungees loose strength over time. Even if they have not been used.

The Bellicon rep I spoke with recommended storing them in plastic to perhaps slow that process. Not sure why that would help... and not sure how much of an impact that really has.
Thanks I didn't know this. Something else to use in the negotiation process.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 02:35 PM  
dakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I don't think Barb meant it as a "death sentence."just that heavier people might have less options. Bellicon might be top of the line but it is out of the price range of most people.
And she is entitled to her opinion that for her the difference between the two is just cost.
Yeah, the 'someone' that brought up the weight limits with Barb was me. I couldn't post in the forums after I registered, and she was kind enough to answer some questions I had before purchasing my own Bellicon last month.

The upper limit for the Bellicon is 600 lbs. They no longer recommend the Ultras for anyone less than 300 lbs.

But Barb was only posting that information about relative weights to be helpful. I haven't said anything until now, but some comments have been rather mean spirited and I almost hesitated participating in these forums because of it.
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 02:36 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
That's the way I interpreted it. And let's face it, not everyone can afford "the best" but also some don't want it. I had a $25 rebounder for years and it worked great for occasional bouncing and kid play. I liked not having to worry about storing or protecting a "Cadillac".
Old 11-22-15, 02:59 PM  
Taiga

Quote:

But Barb was only posting that information about relative weights to be helpful. I haven't said anything until now, but some comments have been rather mean spirited and I almost hesitated participating in these forums because of it.
I tend to agree. I understand brand loyalty and cheering for your favorite fitness toy. But IMHO some of the comments came off as sort of snotty/elitist. Are those folks who are lucky enough to own the higher end equipment truly unaware that an extra $500 can put Bellicons completely out of reach for some? I appreciate the people who offered gentle comparisons and focused more on why they enjoyed their choice. Contrary to the taunts of a few, you can bounce and have fun even if you couldn't (or wouldn't) pay a fortune. Lower cost models are also great to test the waters---so you can avoid listing your expensive Bellicon on Craig's list if it doesn't work out.
Old 11-22-15, 03:02 PM  
horsemom2

I believe I started the thread to discuss the PROBounce and its Black Friday sale.
After the thread went off topic, I have answered all questions privately and objectively.

I appreciate that some people understand my original intention.
The others, I have learned to ignore.

Different strokes for different folks

Barb S
who is still bouncing and having a party every morning and sparks throughout the day without any buyer's remorse
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 03:10 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Something else to consider is that the bungees loose strength over time. Even if they have not been used.

The Bellicon rep I spoke with recommended storing them in plastic to perhaps slow that process. Not sure why that would help... and not sure how much of an impact that really has.
Thank you for mentioning this. I had no idea.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 03:21 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I tend to agree. I understand brand loyalty and cheering for your favorite fitness toy. But IMHO some of the comments came off as sort of snotty/elitist. Are those folks who are lucky enough to own the higher end equipment truly unaware that an extra $500 can put Bellicons completely out of reach for some? I appreciate the people who offered gentle comparisons and focused more on why they enjoyed their choice. Contrary to the taunts of a few, you can bounce and have fun even if you couldn't (or wouldn't) pay a fortune. Lower cost models are also great to test the waters---so you can avoid listing your expensive Bellicon on Craig's list if it doesn't work out.
If you are willing to slowly but surely save anyone can afford quality. If you can drop $250.00 the minute a new rebounder shows up on the market you can wait longer and buy a higher quality rebounder. I know, I waited around 18 years between my first and second. That is not to say that everyone needs to purchase high quality, just that it's possible if you want it badly enough.

My gripe is with people making remarks that shoot down a product they've never tried - well I guess unless they state in every post in which they do so that they've never used the product of course. Why would you even want to?

I also don't see this thread as being totally off subject since the OP started off comparing the knock off to Bellicon. Discussing similarities and differences seems pretty natural.

Barb, I'm truly happy that you are still pleased with your purchase. Yes, different strokes for different folks.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 11-22-15, 03:37 PM  
Lannette

Well I just realized that this isn't the thread I thought it was so what I said about the OP doesn't hold water.

That said, the comment that the only difference between a Bellicon and a Probounce is about $500.00 seems rather snide and unnecessary to me, especially when it comes from someone who hasn't bounced on one even one bounce. Yes, I replied in kind. Not my finest moment but honestly if you can't take what you're dishing out maybe you shouldn't be dishing it.

Old 11-22-15, 03:47 PM  
horsemom2

Welcome to VF Valerie!
Happy to see you could finally post.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, probounce, rebounders, trampolines