Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-15, 06:46 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Heavier weights have no other bungee choice but Bellicon.
You write that as if it's a death sentence when actually a Bellicon is a top of the line rebounder with a top of the line mat and bungees. Numerous people who have multiple rebounder including the Bellicon have talked about the greater quality.

I think the folks who "have no choice" are actually lucky. They'll buy one rebounder and have it for the long haul.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 10:17 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just was looking for used rebounders on Craigslist. I put JumpSport rebounder in the search term in the Central Jersey CL and it came up with a
44"Bellicon for $670!!
Isn't this basically full price?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 10:33 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I just was looking for used rebounders on Craigslist. I put JumpSport rebounder in the search term in the Central Jersey CL and it came up with a
44"Bellicon for $670!!
Isn't this basically full price?
It depends upon the frame and legs. A 44" premium frame with folding legs costs $949.00, change it to a classic frame with screw in legs and you're talking $599.00. I think there's also a small delivery charge now.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 11-22-15, 11:58 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks Lanette, Apparently it has fold up legs and two sets of bungees-Strong and Extra Strong. Here is the listing:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/spo/5294392414.html

Not prepared to spend that much at this point. Might end up with a JumpSport or ProBounce.

ETA: It has been listed for 22 days. I might offer $400 and see what happens. My brother works in the area and might be able to pick it up for me.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 12:25 PM  
sherry7899

We have friends who live there-small world! I hope you can get it for a good price.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 12:30 PM  
Lannette

I don't consider that a steal of a deal. Full price the rebounder would be $649.00 plus - I think - about $40.00 for shipping. IIRC an extra set of bungies is $99.00 so there is that and if those are bungie strengths you'd order then you'd be saving about $120.00.

Old 11-22-15, 12:42 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Then the joke is on you.
I agree Lannette. The Bellicon is the Mercedes of all rebounders and until someone actually has one they can't say the difference is $500. I know several people who have bought the Pro-Bounce and you can't even compare the Pro-Bounce with the Bellicon. I am the main admin in my rebounding group and I don't even recommend the Pro-Bounce because of some issues they are having. I would rather pay $700 for a top notch rebounder than get one that squeaks and the frame is pieced together. It definitely is a wannabe Bellicon, but it will never match what a Bellicon gives.

Cheryl
Old 11-22-15, 01:29 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I agree Lannette. The Bellicon is the Mercedes of all rebounders and until someone actually has one they can't say the difference is $500. I know several people who have bought the Pro-Bounce and you can't even compare the Pro-Bounce with the Bellicon. I am the main admin in my rebounding group and I don't even recommend the Pro-Bounce because of some issues they are having. I would rather pay $700 for a top notch rebounder than get one that squeaks and the frame is pieced together. It definitely is a wannabe Bellicon, but it will never match what a Bellicon gives.

Cheryl
Completely agree Cheryl

I know my Bellicon will last me my lifetime. I use it daily as do my kiddos. My daughter is a competitive gymnast.. she jumps like crazy on my Bellicon and the bungees are not showing any wear on them.... it's top notch. I also have a Jumpsport... I love it too.. but my Bellicon is higher quality and honestly more fun. I would save up and wait to get a Bellicon if i thought the prics was high over getting a Pro Bounce that may possible have more issues or not last as long.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 01:35 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
I just had to share this....

someone asked me the main difference between the 48 inch PROBounce and Bellicon.
My response was *about $500* LOL
Have you really saved $500 though... If you add up your multiple rebounder purchases, it sounds like you've probably spent more on rebounders than the majority of Bellicon owners have.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 02:24 PM  
dakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Thanks Lanette, Apparently it has fold up legs and two sets of bungees-Strong and Extra Strong.
Something else to consider is that the bungees loose strength over time. Even if they have not been used.

The Bellicon rep I spoke with recommended storing them in plastic to perhaps slow that process. Not sure why that would help... and not sure how much of an impact that really has.
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, probounce, rebounders, trampolines