Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-15, 06:50 AM  
cherimac

My best results have been from barre and pilates and diet. Big emphasis on diet.
Old 10-05-15, 06:59 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
My best results have been from barre and pilates and diet. Big emphasis on diet.
Ditto!

Earlier in my life, my best results were from the 90 Day FIRM rotation, although it did wear me out. These days I wouldn't be able to do that rotation as it is written.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 07:02 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I got great results from Firm tapes when I first began exercising, but as I increased the weights, I could no longer keep pace with the workouts. You're limited in the amount you can lift, and still follow along.

I also got great results with Cathe's CTX rotation which I did for 2 months. However, I hurt my left hip doing plies holding a barbell, so I had to stop. The hip is healed now, but it took a long time so I've never done it again.

The new systems are not miracle workers. You still have to watch your food intake and be consistent.
Old 10-05-15, 07:47 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I've done two Beachbody rotations and got the advertised results. Brazil Butt Lift (4-week flat butt rotation) did lift my butt and gave me noticeable fat loss and tightening from my bra-strap line down to my knees. Thighs, butt, belly, waist: all got smaller. And Body Beast (12-week lean rotation) made me very strong and gave me mass and definition in my upper body.
Old 10-05-15, 07:56 AM  
Sandrine

Quote:
.... Big emphasis on diet.
Same here on this. With the emphasis on quality diet, not *dieting*!

For me, the magic is not necessarily in the particular workouts, it's in the consistency of working out that the systems encourage. Once I realized that, I can apply it to any kind of exercise and see results.

If you think about it, that really is what Beachbody sells, whether they call it P90X, 21 Day Fix or Brazil Butt lift!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 10:29 AM  
TinaT

Consistency for sure is key. Which I have not been in along time. Finding that workout that is motivating is what caused me to pause and take inventory of what I've been trying and failing at.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 11:25 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Same here on this. With the emphasis on quality diet, not *dieting*!

For me, the magic is not necessarily in the particular workouts, it's in the consistency of working out that the systems encourage. Once I realized that, I can apply it to any kind of exercise and see results.

If you think about it, that really is what Beachbody sells, whether they call it P90X, 21 Day Fix or Brazil Butt lift!
Yes I agree! Exercise wise, for me it's barre/ballet, low weight/high rep strength, low impact moderate cardio, swimming, and regular stretching. And doing workouts I enjoy is key for consistency!

As far as diet goes, it's portion control and making smart food choices most of the time - everyone needs the occasional treat!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 11:36 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
it's really is still simple - you only need to be consistent.
I couldn't agree more! I have tried and done so many different workout videos over the years. I know what I prefer, AWT! However, I think many different types/styles of exercise can be effective: heavy weight training, barre etc. Consistency really is key! I like to mix it too, to keep from getting bored
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 11:38 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
This. I've had my best "results" from the Firm and from barre because I enjoy them. I'm now adding in a little yoga and other stuff just for variety, but it all comes down to I am my most consistent when doing the Firm or barre. Therefore, I saw (see) results.
This too. Your going to have better results using workouts that you enjoy, no dread factor!
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 12:20 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I would have to say those classic Firms did so much for me back in the day. I think a lot of it was the variety contained in the workouts. At the time (late 1980's/early 1990's) the only workouts out there focused on one thing--steady state aerobics or step or straight weight lifting. At least, I didn't see very many workouts that did more than one thing over and over. Because the Firm mixed it all up, it made it so much more interesting and do-able for me, and so I was able to enjoy them and stick with it.

I really think that's the ticket for most of us--finding something that's reasonably enjoyable, or at least, something you don't absolutely dread. Whatever that may be. Because then you can stick with it, and with consistency, you see results.

ETA: I didn't read the whole thread before I posted, and now I see others said pretty much the same thing. Great minds think alike. ha!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effective workouts, firm 90 day rotation, results, rotations, successful weight loss