Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-15, 12:14 PM  
JENILU

Now that you have used it, can you possibly describethe sections a little? I need really deep stretches that aren't extremely long. I'm so glad you wereable to get it and like it!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 05:56 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Now that you have used it, can you possibly describethe sections a little? I need really deep stretches that aren't extremely long. I'm so glad you wereable to get it and like it!!
I second Jenilu's request. Also, Diana, in your opinion could Annette's floor stretches be done seated in a chair? My recollections of this DVD are so fuzzy! Based on your positive response and the Amazon reviews, I'm thinking I may want to re-acquire it.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 07:38 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
I second Jenilu's request.
I third Jenilu's request! Please Diana tell us more!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 08:12 PM  
Diana3271

Uh oh, I'm not good at reviews or posting my thoughts. Ha Ha I either like it or don't.

The first two sections are basically full body, when combined. I don't think you need a chair (That's why I'm not good with reviews. I can't remember the details about the workouts). Some of the poses are on the floor. Like MsThistlebottom mentioned one of the last stretches is against the wall and you get a really good hamstring stretch. These two sections reminded me of the Tamilee Webb stretch DVD.

I have not done the Sedentary Life Style stretch yet. But, based on the other reviews, it seems like a good upper back, shoulder, neck stretch. I will probably do this one tonight.

The next one is the Sports Stretch. This is my least favorite of all that I have done. The best way I can describe it is that each stretch stretches multi areas at the same time. So there is a stretch where you put your hand on the wall and turn. This stretch should cover the chest, arm, shoulder. I just didn't feel as stretched out after this section. It seemed like too much going on for each stretch.

The Intense stretch is the last one. It's very straight forward and yoga based. I really liked this one.

There is getting up and down within each section. So, it's not all standing or seated, etc. Also, if I recall correctly, the sections on the floor would be best done on the floor and not on a chair.

I saw a review on Amazon where a person complained that the stretches didn't last long enough. I can understand this but each section is only 10 minutes.

I have not done this one yet: http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Infl...for+inflexible

I took a risk on this one. From the menu you know that a particular workout/section is all standing, all floor, all chair, etc. I have issues with being on my back and moving around too much. The perfect in 10 didn't bother me from this perspective. I am wanting to try the one I just linked since it gives you options that are only seated, standing, etc. I don't thing they are extremely high production, but that's OK for me.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 08:30 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Diana, thank you so much for your thoughts, it is really helpful! I first heard of this Dvd thanks to this thread. I'm also looking now at her Stretch & Joint Mobility Therapy dvd, reviews seems good too.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2UybhukCZc

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 04-12-15, 10:11 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Diana, I forgot to ask... Is this dvd programmable as the 10 Minute Solution ones?

Old 04-12-15, 11:07 PM  
JENILU

Diana, thankyou so much for your thoughts!! I wish people would post their thoughts more often and put them in the reviews!! (I know, I'm a hypocrite because I don't do this, but I seem to like the more lame workouts and my opnions are taken likea foreign language here, lol, so I gave up).

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-15, 07:16 AM  
Diana3271

I did the Sedentary Lifestyle section last night and liked it, too. It uses the chair and has standing positions. It has upper body and lower body stretching.

The DVD is not programmable. Also, something else that might be a negative for some, but I don't have issues with it. If you choose section, it will go to that section, but when it ends it will NOT go back to the main menu. It just continues to the next section. On a positive, it tells you at the top which section you are in and she introduces the next section. Tamilee Webb's stretch does the same.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-15, 01:49 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks Diana, it sounds good. I like the idea of having several 10 minutes stretch sections, as I've some workouts that don't have a stretch at the end and I find myself doing my own, as most of the time I don't have the time for a longer one.

Tags
chair yoga, peggy cappy, standing yoga