Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-15, 12:14 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
Not exactly cheap but under $40.00 and a really good non-slip mat without the smell:

http://www.amazon.com/Aurorae-Yoga-M...EE&cdSort=best
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have that Aurorae mat and I really like it.
I bought it from Amazon and the company that makes them contacted me through Amazon to make sure I was happy with the mat. It did not smell at all.
That mat looks very nice. I have a similar one (thick and long) from Barefoot Yoga that I like. My next mat may be one of the Aurorae
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 01:03 AM  
nschultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
Not exactly cheap but under $40.00 and a really good non-slip mat without the smell:

http://www.amazon.com/Aurorae-Yoga-M...EE&cdSort=best
I have an Aurorae and I love it. No smell and I love how long it is because I'm tall and regular size mats always leave me wanting more.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 07:32 AM  
sherry7899

Leslie- I bought one in bright blue. It is a very pretty color.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 05:15 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone. I think I am going to get an Aurorae mat. Sounds like it comes well-recommended. I just have to decide which color to get out of all the pretty colors it comes in!

@Vanestra: Yeah...no kidding! Last year I went through a major Hoarders-style cleaning of my house, and I think it accidentally ended up in a donate box instead of a keep box.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 05:58 PM  
loulou

beyond.omega- That is a shame about your Manduka. Sometimes things turn up..............with luck. It is nice to know it folds up so small though. I have been wanting one for travel but didn't know if it was worth adding to the bulk of the luggage I usually travel with.

The Aurorae color choices are very nice. I think you will be happy with it. They also have an integrated towel/mat for hot yoga I have on my wish list (along with the Manduka Travel). The reviews on their products are impressive.

I have purchased a couple of cheap mats in the distant past. I don't recall the brands. My problem with them was less the smell and more the slipping issue. If your feet are slipping then the mat isn't much help and it ends up being a waste of money anyway.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 10:40 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I ended up getting it in Solar. I'm looking forward to using it. Has anyone used the slip-free rosin? What do you think of it?

loulou: I liked the Manduka Travel mat, but it is very thin. However, I don't have a particular need for cushioning. The Manduka travel mat would work out well in a hotel room though where you are doing yoga on carpet so you don't need your mat for cushion. I originally bought it for hot yoga along with a hot yoga towel. But I one saw someone in class who used one of those gigantic bath sheet towels, and I think that is a much better idea. I do like that Aurorae integrated mat/towel mat, but how would you clean it?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 02:34 PM  
loulou

I wasn't sent the resin but have had the mat for a few years. Yes, the drawback to their towel/mat would be the cleaning. The reviews say the more you sweat the better it holds but you need a large front loader to wash it. Maybe not a good idea after all.

I do have a microfiber bath towel I keep in my dive bag I had forgotten about. That could work for travel yoga on hard floors. Thanks for reminding me.

Hope you like your Solar mat . Give us a review if the resin is a plus.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yoga mat, yoga mats