Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-14, 08:17 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbjeter View Post
Thank you! I have thought about ballet body and ellen Barrett but I am so afraid of moving away from the intensity thinking of adding Tracy Anderson muscular work to the cardio work I do now. Not sure!!!
Ballet Body may be no impact and quite mellow but it does pack a punch. With a bit added cardio I don't think you would have to be afraid IMO.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 08:34 AM  
Carb8985

Ballet Body and Tonique, for sure. Ballet Body is definitely NOT a step down in intensity. Her upper body matwork is some of the toughest around. Nothing compares, except maybe HoCo (which I haven't tried myself, but gather from reviews).
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 08:56 AM  
edensmom

Not bodyweight exactly but Dream Body yields nice results. There are a lot of plank movesments and I noticed my arms slimmed down some.

I'm sure Ballet Body would be the same or better.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:01 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Thank you! I have thought about ballet body and ellen Barrett but I am so afraid of moving away from the intensity thinking of adding Tracy Anderson muscular work to the cardio work I do now. Not sure!!!
This was me a few months ago! But my body had given me no choice but to lose the intensity. I turned 40 a few months ago, and even though I was doing all the workouts I "should" be doing to lose weight (and had lost weight doing a few years ago), I was sore all the time, gaining weight, tired, and had honestly just lost all zest for working out.

Thanks to all the suggestions here, I found Ellen and Jessica Smith (both her DVDs and youtube workouts) simply because I didn't want to give up working out entirely and I figured I just needed a break. Now, after three months of no intensity, no heavy weights, lots of stretching/yoga, and listening to my body (finally), I've lost weight, I'm rarely sore, I walk all the time, I feel toned, my injuries have healed up, and I am just happier overall, even though everything in my real life is the same stressful life I had before. I'm also sleeping better, which I think is a huge difference. Don't be afraid of losing the intensity if that's what your body wants to do!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:28 AM  
bubbles76

Weider X-Factor ST. Tight legs, arms, and abs. Plus increased endurance. All body weight, progressive rotation. All under an hour. Desert island workouts
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:44 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Weider X-Factor ST. Tight legs, arms, and abs. Plus increased endurance. All body weight, progressive rotation. All under an hour. Desert island workouts
I saw this at Walmart, can you tell me more, how is the instructor, what level would you say they are, and whatever else you can tell me, thank you!

Also do you have a link for Desert Island Workouts, thanks!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 10:24 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
I
Also do you have a link for Desert Island Workouts, thanks!
I hope I'm not presuming too much to suggest I know what was in Bubbles' mind, but I think she means these are the workouts she'd want were she stranded on a desert island.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 10:28 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I hope I'm not presuming to much to suggest I know what was in Bubbles' mind, but I think she means these are the workouts she'd want were she stranded on a desert island.
Maybe, but when I do a search, several body weight DVDs come up under that name, that's why I thought she meant it was a workout program.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 10:36 AM  
slysam

Quote:
I am agreeing that Ballet Body can be intense. I find it harder than the Tracy Anderson muscle structure workouts I tried. That isn't to criticize TA or say one is more or less effective--different people get good results from both. The upper body workout is one of the more challenging DVDs. When I started doing Hoco, it was after using the Ballet Body Upper DVD regularly for a couple months. I was able to go right to the HoCo volumes, but I don't think I could have if it weren't for ballet body. There are a lot of good bodyweight programs and this thread is full of good suggestions.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 10:37 AM  
slockhart

I just re-read your post, and you said "body weight" workouts! lol I just started with Tonique and I love it. I am an advanced exerciser and did Tonique Premier (on YouTube) on MOnday, and I'm still hobbling around. Butt, thighs, inner thighs and even calves are hurtin! I loved it. Im waiting for 3 more Tonique's to come in the mail
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight exercises, body weight workouts, weider xfactor, x-factor st