Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-14, 07:36 PM  
jerebo

Weider X-Factor ST or You Are Your Own Gym

I'm looking for a great set of DVDs for traveling--something that requires no equipment (I know Weider comes with push up stands), that will give me some cardio and strength at the same time. I know that Weider comes with 12 DVDs for $28 on Amazon, while YAYOG is $25 for 3 DVDS (but 9 workouts--3 at each of Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced).

Which one do you like best? Shorter workouts with less impact are better; I'll be living in an apartment and don't want to disturb downstairs neighbors with a lot of jumping. I just want to maintain my fitness and have something without much dread factor.
Old 04-03-14, 08:16 PM  
pcdoctor01

pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 08:27 PM  
nevertoolate

I loved Weider X-Factor ST. Short, effective workouts. Well designed. Easy to modify. Fun instructor. Don't need a lot of space. I really gained strength with these. I need to do these again someday...

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 09:00 PM  
JENILU

I only own the Weider one, but researched YAYOG for a hwile as well. Are you wanting a rotation, or just wanting it to do random workouts? I know there is a specific rotation for Weider, which is about 8 weeks I think?, but in YAYOG, I think you do the same workout till you can move up (or may be 3 different ones you do together?) just until you are ready to move up, and I think the level increase significantly on that one.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 09:25 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
I loved Weider X-Factor ST. Short, effective workouts. Well designed. Easy to modify. Fun instructor. Don't need a lot of space. I really gained strength with these. I need to do these again someday...

Ann
Ditto on Weider X-Factor! It's really great. Fantastic instructor, and routines that are effective. No clock watching for me.

I have not done YAYOG so cannot endorse. I did stalk it for awhile but my interest cooled.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 10:09 PM  
katmom

I cannot provide any feedback on YAYOG, however, I loved the Weider set and the instructor.
Old 04-03-14, 11:31 PM  
jerebo

I thought I had posted a reply earlier, but apparently it's lost in cyber space! At any rate, thanks for the replies so far. It sounds like Weider is very popular. I'm hoping that someone who has done YAYOG might chime in, too.
Old 04-04-14, 12:13 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
I thought I had posted a reply earlier, but apparently it's lost in cyber space! At any rate, thanks for the replies so far. It sounds like Weider is very popular. I'm hoping that someone who has done YAYOG might chime in, too.
EAM531 has done it, or atleast parts of it, and she has posted about it at times. Naybe she will chime in. (if you do a search you will find most of the info here is from her)
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 07:38 AM  
beatchica

I posted the original thread on Weider X-Factor, which I think is a great system. But I recently bought Straight Line workout system and like it better.

Straight Line Workout System
(Comes with 6 full length workouts plus a warmup)
http://www.shapesherpa.com/straight-...inute-workout/

http://www.qvc.com/Straight-Line-20-...ct.F09717.html

The workouts that come with the DVD are fantastic. Paced nicely, hit ALL the major muscle groups, low impact and can be made to be as hard or easy as you want them to be. The production value of the workouts is excellent and professional. These workouts also get my heart rate up quickly. The instructor, Jordan, is super sweet and motivating. I like that he is soft spoken, funny, pushes you when you need it and does the entire workout with you. These workouts (due to the band) have a nice cardio effect and strength component all-in-one and thus far do not stress my joints. Plus, did I mention the trainer Jordan is a doll!

I will do a more detailed thread on this system when I have a little extra time, but thought I would float it your way as it would be perfect for traveling.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 08:11 AM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
I posted the original thread on Weider X-Factor, which I think is a great system. But I recently bought Straight Line workout system and like it better.

Straight Line Workout System
(Comes with 6 full length workouts plus a warmup)
http://www.shapesherpa.com/straight-...inute-workout/

http://www.qvc.com/Straight-Line-20-...ct.F09717.html

The workouts that come with the DVD are fantastic. Paced nicely, hit ALL the major muscle groups, low impact and can be made to be as hard or easy as you want them to be. The production value of the workouts is excellent and professional. These workouts also get my heart rate up quickly. The instructor, Jordan, is super sweet and motivating. I like that he is soft spoken, funny, pushes you when you need it and does the entire workout with you. These workouts (due to the band) have a nice cardio effect and strength component all-in-one and thus far do not stress my joints. Plus, did I mention the trainer Jordan is a doll!

I will do a more detailed thread on this system when I have a little extra time, but thought I would float it your way as it would be perfect for traveling.
Ooh! Those do sound interesting. I watched the QVC clip; unfortunately, the workout isn't available at QVC, only at "Sherpa's" website. Are these primarily strength DVDs? Is there any cardio?

TIA!

Tags
weider xfactor, x-factor st