Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Jo, are you still doing Skogg workouts?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 10:51 AM  
Kathleen86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Jillian Michaels rotation from her book, Making the Cut, which are gym workouts. This rotation definitely took my fitness to a different level. I think I made it through 6 or 8 weeks. I remember doing burpees for the first time...wow...they were so hard and now I can still do burpees with no problem despite that I did these workouts quite some time ago. I don't think I lost weight, but not sure what I was doing with my diet. I remember feeling great, though.
I did this rotation too..I think I may have completed it or gotten very close...? I remember the workouts being tough cardio-wise, they are 'circuits'...I would be dripping with sweat afterward..at least once I was somewhat nauseous/overworked. I remember some of the moves seemed 'silly' for the gym though. I did them in the small gym at the apartment I was living at and I remember feeling a bit self-conscious if there was anyone else in there! I don't think I lost many (any?) #s (didn't follow the diet in the book) but I felt in better shape following. I would like to try some of those w/os again with a HR monitor sometime and see the cal burn.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 01:01 PM  
buttons11

Yes this has been a very interesting read here, I appreciate everyones contritubution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
The Skogg System: I followed their rotation for four months. Never got bored. I was trying to find the exact number, but I can't. I believe it was 42 pounds lost in four months. I know it was over 40 pounds lost. I had muscles, triceps for the first time ever! My core was tight. Everything was tight. It was amazing.

The Skogg System was the only rotation I've ever been able to follow to the letter and complete!

The Skogg System rocked my world.
Originally Posted by kiwichick
JMBR- lost 28 inches overall and saw huge gains in strength and cardio very quickly. But 90 days of just one instructer...

28 inches lost is certainly nuthing to snooze at kiwichick!...JMBR has been on my radar too but I'm not sure I could stick w/the full 90days...but if there is some smokin deal in the future I may bite...congrats kiwichick!!!

Holy Smokes Just_Jo!
I certainly don't believe the scale is the end-all-be-all to measure progress but there is no denying that those are impressive numbers in such a short amount of time. That had to be some great shift in body composition w/exceptional strenght gains. I hope you FELT fabulous...I always admire the female instructors at my kettlebell gym...that is exactly how I describe them - they look TIGHT, COMPACT and most importanly they are STRONG

just went back and read your post again Just_Jo and am so happy for your amazing results...yay YOU!!!

I cannot contribute here as I am not historically a rotation person but I have many of the systems discussed here...too much ADD for that I think. I like so many types of workouts & I love variety. And I struggle a bit to find a way to combine all my likes w/my kettlebell training. I am trying to start UY but this asthma has me down for the count now...gotta get well 1st, then will press reset as I think this may be good for coping w/this issue.

...I think I may have to at least look at Skogg.

Question for you Just_Jo - anything in particular about Skogg that seems different or unique in contributing to your success?
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 06:16 PM  
rhbrand

I'm not much of a rotation person, but I will say I did a month of Slim Series with walking and lost an inch off my waist. I'm an apple so I was thrilled!

Then I did a month alternating Tae Bo and Slim Series and lost another half inch off my waist.

By then I was so bored with Slim Series I moved on.
Old 05-12-13, 08:29 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Jo, are you still doing Skogg workouts?
On occasion. I can never give them up, I love them, the Skoggs are great people, and their program changed my life. Can't recommend it enough.

Right now I'm doing the World Kettlebell Club's Pentathlon. I do sneak a Skogg in on occasion. WKC is a bit different than Skogg style wise. (Swings are different, for instance.) I have also switched from my Ader kettlebells to competition kettlebells.

I love kettlebells and that is because of Skogg. And I will always love Skogg and never, ever give them up. Even after all this time, I'm STILL not bored with them. Michael does the best stretches at the end, too.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 08:30 PM  
anne

I'm not much of a rotation person either but I did stick with a Firm rotation for a long time once--the Firm Tri Trainers with Volume 4 and Tough Aerobic Mix. I did them consistently starting in about January/February to prepare for the release of BSS2 (with the sculpting stick) and lost about 12 pounds and slimmed down a lot. I was combining it with a particular diet program. Then BSS2 arrived and I did that until about November and my lower body got bigger and my wrists and forearms got huge--my body wasn't feeling good-I felt achy. So I stopped BSS2 (which I really like--I think I just overdid the workouts--every day a Firm) and went to pure cardio for a bit and my legs got slimmer and I didn't feel as achy--I did see the good definition I had gotten from all the months of the Firm though--the extra cardio brought it out--and BSS2 had increased my cardio capacity.

I did about a month rotation of the pink Firms one time also and my body got slimmer--my clothes fit better.

I also did a dance workout rotation (Dance Off the Inches, Crunch, 10 Minute Solution) for quite a while with pilates and some yoga and that one really helped my stomach which gets bloated a lot and increased flexibility. I lost some muscle tone (probably didn't do enough of the pilates/yoga) but my body didn't ache--it felt lighter.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 08:31 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

P90X - The first 90-day rotation I finished. No weight loss but I was able to do 2 unassisted pull-ups. At that time, I did not know that food intake is the sure fire way to lose weight.

Slim Series - finished but forgot my results.

Tapout XT2 - my recent one from last week.

I have several that I didn't finish.

My physique was the thinnest when I was doing kettlebells and dance workouts (99-102 lbs).
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 08:36 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
Yes this has been a very interesting read here, I appreciate everyones contritubution.

Originally Posted by kiwichick
JMBR- lost 28 inches overall and saw huge gains in strength and cardio very quickly. But 90 days of just one instructer...

28 inches lost is certainly nuthing to snooze at kiwichick!...JMBR has been on my radar too but I'm not sure I could stick w/the full 90days...but if there is some smokin deal in the future I may bite...congrats kiwichick!!!

Holy Smokes Just_Jo!
I certainly don't believe the scale is the end-all-be-all to measure progress but there is no denying that those are impressive numbers in such a short amount of time. That had to be some great shift in body composition w/exceptional strenght gains. I hope you FELT fabulous...I always admire the female instructors at my kettlebell gym...that is exactly how I describe them - they look TIGHT, COMPACT and most importanly they are STRONG

just went back and read your post again Just_Jo and am so happy for your amazing results...yay YOU!!!

I cannot contribute here as I am not historically a rotation person but I have many of the systems discussed here...too much ADD for that I think. I like so many types of workouts & I love variety. And I struggle a bit to find a way to combine all my likes w/my kettlebell training. I am trying to start UY but this asthma has me down for the count now...gotta get well 1st, then will press reset as I think this may be good for coping w/this issue.

...I think I may have to at least look at Skogg.

Question for you Just_Jo - anything in particular about Skogg that seems different or unique in contributing to your success?
Thank you! I clicked with Skogg. I remember being extremely intimidated starting. But Michael was so good at instruction so I jumped in. Everything clicked during that period of time. My eating was on, my sleep was good, and I loved the workouts. I did do their 60-Day Challenge in the middle of that, and we did do measurements. I cannot find them! I did lose a lot of inches. I can't remember now. The workouts were very enjoyable to me. (Still are.) He's a good instructor, and I liked the people in the workouts as well. It wasn't sexed up, it was just working out.

I loved how they seemed so fast, too. I remember most times saying, "We're done already?" And the best feeling after the stretch, I would lie there and have that workout high. LOL

It was/is just magical to me. Good stuff. The rotation was easy to follow, only four workouts. And I liked all four. Each time I did one, I would say, "That's my favorite." I will confess now that my favorite is Flow.

It clicked, it was fun, and it worked!
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 08:37 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
I'm not much of a rotation person either but I did stick with a Firm rotation for a long time once--the Firm Tri Trainers with Volume 4 and Tough Aerobic Mix. I did them consistently starting in about January/February to prepare for the release of BSS2 (with the sculpting stick) and lost about 12 pounds and slimmed down a lot. I was combining it with a particular diet program. Then BSS2 arrived and I did that until about November and my lower body got bigger and my wrists and forearms got huge--my body wasn't feeling good-I felt achy. So I stopped BSS2 (which I really like--I think I just overdid the workouts--every day a Firm) and went to pure cardio for a bit and my legs got slimmer and I didn't feel as achy--I did see the good definition I had gotten from all the months of the Firm though--the extra cardio brought it out--and BSS2 had increased my cardio capacity.

I did about a month rotation of the pink Firms one time also and my body got slimmer--my clothes fit better.

I also did a dance workout rotation (Dance Off the Inches, Crunch, 10 Minute Solution) for quite a while with pilates and some yoga and that one really helped my stomach which gets bloated a lot and increased flexibility. I lost some muscle tone (probably didn't do enough of the pilates/yoga) but my body didn't ache--it felt lighter.
Was this a formal rotation, or whichever ones you wanted? If you can remember, which ones did you use? Thanks!

I am LOVING this thread!!! i think the only true rotation I have done was Powerfit Harmony for 30 days, andnit got me started working out consistantly.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 09:10 PM  
anne

Jenilu, I did Cardio Overdrive, Total Body Time Crunch, Cardio Dance Fusion, Dangerous Curves, Hard Core Fusion, Pump Jump & Jab, Cardio Party, the Alison pilates tape, and Burn & Shape. I didn't do them in any order, just picked the one I felt like doing that day. I think I did Cardio Overdrive, Total Body Time Crunch, Cardio Dance Fusion, and Pump, Jump, and Jab the most during that month. It was a no-dread rotation and I stopped because I decided to try going to a gym for a while.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm 90 day rotation, results, rotation, rotations, slim series success, successful weight loss, the firm success stories