Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-13, 10:24 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

The only rotation I ever completed was six weeks of Cathe's CTX. I had good results, lost some weight, gained some definition, but I was absolutely spent when it was over, and haven't been able to stick to a rotation since, and I've started a million of 'em. I've sometimes lasted about a month, but don't really see any results other than what I get from being a regular exerciser.

CTX is a good rotation if you don't mind lots of step and high impact cardio. It has great ab and high rep upper body work. It also features a younger Cathe.
Old 05-11-13, 10:37 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Intervals of DDR and heavy weights - lost nearly 60 pounds, got great arms and great legs. I was in my mid-40s. (I can't play DDR as much anymore because it hurts my feet)

Rachel Cosgrove's Female Body Breakthrough - lost about 10 pounds and a couple sizes, but only completed the first phase.

NROL for Women - made it to phase 5 but quit out of boredom. Became my strongest, did a dead-hang pullup, 25 decline pushups and could deadlift more than 200 pounds.

NROL for Life (right now) - strength is coming back, I've gotten better at kettlebells (especially snatching) and have lost some weight and tightened up in a little over a month.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 11:06 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Fascinating ....

I see my workout style in so many people's posts. It's been many years and many different dvds/workouts!!!

Latest rotation was: PowerFits - mostly to keep me motivated. I did the 20 mins. ones and did fine getting consistency. Tried to do the rotation of the hour long ones - NO GO ... bored to tears. Still go to the 20 mins. PFs for workouts in the a.m. when I have no time, but need to get "something" in.

Over the years I've done:

Chalene's Xtreme (isn't that the name of it?): loved it - but it was time consuming for me. It did work with my body type (pear) and I love Chalene's perkiness.

Slim Series - did great things for shrinking me. But was always sore with DOMS and got bored after awhile.

RKS: Loved it and definitely shrunk. (maybe I should go back to that?)

Firm: Newer ones after coming back from surgeries, etc. the FIRM always Shrinks me

Couch to 5k program - made it to about the 3rd or 4th week.

Cardio Coaches - have worked my way through them. Great for cardio. Stuck to it about a month ... that seems to be about my attention span for rotations.

Lately: Doing a ton of KCM. Love her. Love the results and she shrinks me too. I printed out her older rotations, just acquired 7 of her dvds and will be trying a total rotation of her (with cardio thrown in - of course)

Cathe: I did MIS 3x a week for a month many years ago and it was great combined with cardio. Also did a lot of STS, but gave up somewhere into it.

Jari Love: Tried doing her rotations - loved the way she shrunk me too, but couldn't stick to it.

Spinervals: Did the plan Troy put out from October to December - got stronger (I think) as a cyclist - didn't lose an ounce or an inch.

Years ago - did a cardio glider (psuedo ski machine) while playing video games, cathe, the firm & walking and it did wonders.

I have a very short attention span, so can't stick too long to any sort of rotation. BUT .. I like to try and I like to wake up and see what I'm suppose to do. Takes the guess work out of it. I can just do the workouts. No more being overwhelmed.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 01:06 PM  
daisyduke

I love reading this thread! If you have done any rotation or part of one -- PLEASE POST!!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 04:26 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Cleda - I thought I was the only one who survived MIS 3X/week!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 05:59 PM  
Yelly

Sue B, sorry, but what's DDR? I just can't think

Ok, I have never been a rotation person, but it's funny, because this year I've been gravitating to them more and more. I've never completed one, however I am at the end of level 6 of Tracy Anderson's Omni Meta, and I am absolutely going to finish it, and then move on to her Continuity. I just love her, and she does good things for me. While keeping up with that rotation, I also went through all of the Ultimate Yogi dvds, and loved them. I'm also in the middle of a Skogg rotation. Plus I just started Dream Body, and just bought Speed Shred - lol!! See, I'm all over the place, but WAY better than I used to be. So, basically my rotation is going to be a hybrid of TA, Skogg, Dream Body, and Speed Shred (when I get it). I also throw in some yoga, usually everyday if I can (even if it's just 20 min)

I used to do a different instructor everyday, with no focus whatsoever, but I am loving my new format of leaning somewhat towards a rotation. I think this thread is so interesting to read. I can't believe how far some of you can go back with your workouts, and remember the results you got. I love it!

(Oh yeah, I've lost and kept off 20 lb since November doing this for most of the time. I did start out doing whatever workout I felt like doing though.)
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 06:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I am also really enjoying this thread, but I'm not sure I have much to contribute because I have never noticed really amazing changes -- mostly it's subtle for me, but here goes....

STS definitely made me bigger in a way I did not like. No definition there, just big. That's about the time I realized heavier weights are not for me. I did have one round I really liked though -- I re-did just meso 1 in a way I've described on vf a number of times. I substituted Tonique standing workouts for leg and cardio work with a two day on, one day "off" sort of schedule, where classical stretch was "off". It went like this:

Day 1: STS A (the first upper body)
Day 2: STS B (second upper body)
Day 3: classical stretch
Day 4: Tonique
Day 5: STS A
Day 6: classical stretch
Day 7: STS B
Day 8: Tonique
Day 9: classical stretch
Day 10: STS A
Day 11: STS B

and so on. I loved the way this rotation felt. I really did.

I also did the full rotation of RKS, though I'm guessing I added other stuff in, too -- I can't quite remember, but I know I went through them all the way they wanted. At the end of that, I had to have finger surgery. It's a long story and I'm not sure I can blame the kettlebell work, but it was a very long time before I picked up a bell again.

When I first started out, it was with the Firm Volume 1 and that was the only video I knew existed at the time (it was new). I did that over and over and over again until they came out with Volume 2. I stuck with the firm like that for years until there was more of an internet and I discovered Cathe. When I look back at pictures of myself at that time, to me I look very fit and well, you know -- the way we all would like to recapture our youth, I guess. I'm not sure it would work at this point.

I went most of the way through the Peak Fit rotation and then had a vacation when I was just shy of finishing. Peak Fit was good but interestingly enough I lost weight on the vacation just walking. I always tend to lose weight when I don't have to be in charge of the food all the time!!

I have done a lot of the other ones people have, too, along with a lot of the Cathe monthly rotations, but the above listed ones were the stand outs. Well, one more now that I think of it.... I can't remember the name of it, but on the Cathe forum, Fitness Freak had a bunch of her own rotations that she did, and there was one "Doubles" that I think used 4DS -- that was a good rotation, too!

These days I'm more about doing what I'm in the mood for within some loosely defined focus. For instance, right now I'm combining Dream Body, Tonique, Ultimate Yogi, walking, and a little TA here and there, too. And, whatever else I feel like, but I'm trying to at least hit those!
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 06:11 PM  
Sissy B

DDR = Dance Dance Revolution

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 07:24 PM  
pattyd0319

This is a fun thread, I love reading about everyone's experiences.

Project You- I followed the rotation and diet exactly as prescribed for about a month and quickly leaned out about 7 pounds. I didn't really gain any muscle or endurance but I did feel like everything was getting worked sufficiently and it overall, I felt great. But I started to get bored with the cardio.

P90x- I did this for about 90 days and noticed significant strength gains. I gained about 5 pounds and was hungry all the time but I noticed more definition in my arms.

STS- I did Meso 1 and Meso 2 only. During Meso 1, I noticed strength gains and didn't gain weight. I gained 5 pounds during Meso 2 and had strength gains.

4ds- I love this set and still use the weight portions a lot. I did as is for 30 days and felt like I had decent strength gains without the constant soreness and hunger I had with P90x and STS. It hits my sweet spot.

I have other systems but never did them long enough to notice results.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 08:32 PM  
cherimac

The only true rotations I've ever done (not of my own making) were Brazil Butt Lift, Slim Series, and Meta Abcentric. I had the best results with BBL, especially in my glutes and abs. Slim Series was a lot of work without much to show but a pound or two lost and an inch gone in my hips/abs. TA made my abs look great the first month. Then nothing else except a mushier upper body and a weird look to my hips. I think that was because Ab worked glutes a lot and hips very minimally.

Right now I'm doing an 8 week rotation with Karena and Katrina, the Tone it Up girls. After 3 weeks my abs are a bit flatter and I've lost 1" off my waist.

Tags
firm 90 day rotation, results, rotation, rotations, slim series success, successful weight loss, the firm success stories