Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-13, 04:13 PM  
bayportsmom

Ooh I hate hearing about fantastic results with slim series, cuz I found these SOOOOO boring!!! Nothing against Debbie, just no fun

Now to respond to the thread, I've never been able to complete ANY rotation!! One or two weeks......that's it. On to the next!!
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 04:27 PM  
LeanneM

What a great thread!

When I first started working out at home more seriously, I did Cathe's one-month rotations all the time, and used them to drop about 16 pounds (I went down 2-3 sizes). I really enjoy doing rotations since, as some others have said, it takes the guess work out of things, but the longest I can do is usually two months before I have to change to something else.

Since then, these are the ones I've done:

Brazil Butt Lift -- Love the original series! I've done it a few times and have always had great results, but the only problem is that I've done it so much that I can't make myself do it for a month again.

BBL Master Series -- Such a disappointment! I actually put on inches in my butt and thighs!

Slim Series -- I've done the month-long rotation twice, but haven't had any noticeable results.

STS -- Gained muscle, but not a lot of definition.

P90 -- My DH and I used this as one of our first at-home programs. (I did it before I started with Cathe.) I didn't complete the whole rotation, but it helped me start losing weight, and led to my discovery of Cathe.

P90X -- Had to stop this about three weeks in since I hurt my knee really badly in one of the exercises.

Hipcentric -- Made it through 42 days. I loved the results I was getting, but my back was in constant pain so I had to stop.

Glutecentric -- I decided to ditch this after making it to Level 4 a few weeks back. My glutes look much better, but I felt like my arms and legs were getting flabby.

Cathe's one-month LIS rotation -- Loved the results from this! All the work with the Gliding Disks made my legs (esp. inner thighs) look great, and my arms were also nicely toned.

P57 -- Did these for about six weeks with extra cardio, and gained weight on my hips and thighs.

10Pound Slimdown Extreme -- Did the one-month rotation twice, but ended up with larger bulges in my saddlebags. Good arm definition, though!

Insanity -- Got great cardio endurance, but didn't lose any weight. I was starving all the time!

Peak Fit -- Have done this 1 1/2 times. Got great cardio endurance as well and some nice definition, but, as with Insanity, I was starving all the time, so ended up gaining some (non-muscle) weight.

Ballet Beautiful -- When I did this for three weeks last year, I had nice slimming. I wasn't doing a lot of cardio either.

JNL Fusion -- I was getting great results from these, but, after three weeks, sent them back for a refund. JNL's constant talking bothered me, and the same circuit format for each workout got boring really quickly.

Dream Body -- I this set! It's been slimming my thighs, abs, and arms, esp. when combined with Tonique. This combo seems to be the winning ticket for my hourglass shape!

Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Slimdown -- This was an old rotation from Exercise TV that used DVDs like 30-Day Shred, NMTZ, etc. I've done it for three weeks at a time, and always get good results (fast weight loss and toning). I can usually only stand to do it for three weeks, though, before I have to do something else.

I plan on re-visiting Ballet Beautiful this summer, and also spending some time with Ballet Body since I really like Leah's workouts, but just haven't done too long of a rotation with them. I also need to break out my XTrain set.

Last edited by LeanneM; 05-11-13 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Edited to add JM info + other details
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 04:43 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

My first rotation-Firm and T-Tapp. I did this workout prior to our trip to Hawaii back in 1992, and I was very pleased with the results, so much so that I felt great walking around in a bathing suit.

P90X-I've done a full classic and a full lean rotation, plus many halfsies, and I'm always happy with the end result.

Chalene's CLX-This rotation was just awesome, and the results that I got from it has been long lasting. This is the rotation that just smashed my menopausal weight gain. Since doing CLX, I have done many CLX lean rotations. Both rotations are rotations that I have created and have shared here.

Insanity-huge dread factor for me, but I completed it.

Venus Index-another fantastic program.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 04:56 PM  
Yoyogirl72

3/2012---JMBR---my 1st rotation and very out of shape. Lost 15 lbs and dropped a lot of inches.

6/2012---JMBR round 2 plus added Skogg Kettlebell System and dropped another 10 pounds and more inches. Very defined arms and legs. Arms very veiny. Lol

09/2012---RKS. Maintained.

11/2012---RKS round 2. Maintained

And then the holidays and winter hit and I've been a slacker. Restarted Skogg at level 3....also have Tapout and P90X.... I think systems work best for me otherwise I get analysis paralysis as someone else on this board once said. I think I'll do a month of skogg and then start Tapout or P90X. Just don't want to do any high impact moves yet.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 05:01 PM  
daisyduke

Thanks to all who have posted. I love hearing about others results. Yes, dc is dance cardio from Tracy.

Please keep posting!!!!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 05:52 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

What a fun thread!

Joyce Vedral---did this when I first started working out and got amazing results, but that might have been from being my first workouts ever. I did another rotation a few years later and didn't see much in the way of results then.

Leslie Sansone---I really like Leslie, but this is more of a light days/maintenance thing for me. I sometimes do it for longer than I should because it's such a no-brainer and I enjoy it, but I don't get 'results' to speak of.

P90---did the original P90, for almost the whole 90 days. Got a very defined upper body (all those push-ups!) and felt good, but I felt like my lower body needed more. A few years later I got just the cardio from P90X, and then later got the Masters and Plus sets and it made a difference. If I mix and match those workouts in and follow a general sculpt/sweat plan (e.g. sometimes do UML on sculpt day, sometimes do Plyo X on sweat day) I think this is a very good rotation for me.

Slim Series---hated it. High dread factor, couldn't stick with it long enough to know if it worked or not. Also did not click with: Turbo Jam, Yoga Booty Ballet and that one with somebody named Shawn or Shaun something.

Barry's Bootcamp---amazing results. Best rotation ever. This kind of training is the type that works best for my body, I think. Whenever I am coming back from a slump, I get very fast results with this workout set. The downside? Only two workouts. I burned out the first time I did this and now can only manage it for two weeks or so at a time before I start feeling like I never want to hear Barry's voice again.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 07:29 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post

Barry's Bootcamp---amazing results. Best rotation ever. This kind of training is the type that works best for my body, I think. Whenever I am coming back from a slump, I get very fast results with this workout set. The downside? Only two workouts. I burned out the first time I did this and now can only manage it for two weeks or so at a time before I start feeling like I never want to hear Barry's voice again.
Joanna, did you do the original bootcamp set? I bought it years ago, and it's sitting unopened on my shelves. Are you supposed to just cycle through all five DVDs in order? Thanks!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 07:50 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I've never done a rotation long enough to really see results.

In the late 90s I worked with a trainer who had me switch things up every week - all cardio, light weights, Firm, Cathe, treadmill, rest, etc. that's when I had my most definition and felt I was in my best shape.

I did only Leslie for about a year and my legs got smaller and more toned.

I've done Jari Love 2X/week for the past 3 weeks and see some toning in my legs.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 08:08 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I've never done a rotation long enough to really see results.

In the late 90s I worked with a trainer who had me switch things up every week - all cardio, light weights, Firm, Cathe, treadmill, rest, etc. that's when I had my most definition and felt I was in my best shape.

I did only Leslie for about a year and my legs got smaller and more toned.

I've done Jari Love 2X/week for the past 3 weeks and see some toning in my legs.
This is me...although years ago I used to do lengthy Cathe rotations for maybe a month or two but never really saw much difference, of course my eating wasn't very good back then.

For me I think switching it up weekly or biweekly may be good and help with my short attention span. I have workouts for light weight, moderate weight, heavy weight, functional fitness, circuit, kettlebell, Firm, resistance band (Powerfit). Maybe just rotating through everything will keep it interesting. I can't stick with one instructor for too long, I get too bored, probably why I have many instructors and just a few workouts from each one, exception being the Firm. Then there is my yoga and pilates, I have to try and fit those in somewhere too.

I have always liked shorter rotations anyway, I have been known to do a lot of theme weeks where I just pick an instructor and do their workouts, then move to someone else the next week. Or I will take two instructors and combine them for two weeks or so.

I admire people who can stick with long rotations but I can't do it, not anymore anyway.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 08:55 AM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

The one rotation I've completed all the way through is 30 days or shred. (I did 6 days on 1 day off with 10 days of each level). I still have a curvy belly but it gave me those vertical lines going down my abs.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm 90 day rotation, results, rotation, rotations, slim series success, successful weight loss, the firm success stories