Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-12, 09:53 PM  
Fit Gal

That is a great price. Does anyone have anymore info on the workouts. I can't find any clips. Is there a fun factor? Is it lower impact? Music? Any other thoughts. TYIA Just curious ya know Staying strong and keeping to my no buying.
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-12, 02:18 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit Gal View Post
That is a great price. Does anyone have anymore info on the workouts. I can't find any clips. Is there a fun factor? Is it lower impact? Music? Any other thoughts. TYIA Just curious ya know Staying strong and keeping to my no buying.
I had the workouts. I returned them, but it was more because of my expectations rather than the quality of the workout. I LOVE Michael. His Aerobox workouts are among my favorites. With this set, I couldn't get past the lower intensity and frequent breaks during the workouts. If Joe Kickbox had done the workouts, I probably would have kept them.

For $20, they are SO worth it. He does some great standing ab work. Most of the workouts clock in, IIRC, at around 45 minutes. A few are less. One is an hour.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 12:59 PM  
GotToBeFit

Thanks for posting this program! I went to his website, but I couldn't say no to the amazon price. Boxing workouts are my preferred form of cardio. Can't wait to get it!
Old 12-13-12, 01:19 PM  
Fit Gal

Yep, it was just a matter of time..I caved this morning as well and already marked as shipped .. just returned some other stuff. So that's free-ish right?
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 01:46 PM  
slysam

I keep wondering about these too. I love Michael's workouts that I have tried so far. I even like the "weird" ones like Aerobarre and the stretch sequence from Savage and Serene. I don't have Jump Sculpt or Aerobox or this set.

One of the things I like is how (other then the Serene Flow) the music cues me at least with the tempo of the combinations. I am not sure I've seen a workout that uses music in the same way. I would never listen to this music, but it really helps me follow the workouts as I can do it without even looking at the screen most of the time. Is the music similar in this set?

My big concerns after reading previous reviews is it sounds like the workouts are kind of one sided? I don't mind a lower intensity, right now I feel the workouts I have may be too intense for me as I took a little break from vigorous exercise and am just easing back into it.

Do these include strength workouts or are they just cardio?
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 02:51 PM  
GotToBeFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit Gal View Post
Yep, it was just a matter of time..I caved this morning as well and already marked as shipped .. just returned some other stuff. So that's free-ish right?
Absolutely!!

Wow, that was fast! I ordered this afternoon and it has shipped.

Last edited by GotToBeFit; 12-13-12 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add
GotToBeFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 04:47 PM  
Hoodone

I ordered, too, as I've been curious about Michael and this seemed like a good priced set to give him a try.
Hoodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 09:55 PM  
iheartsts

Thanks for posting this... I also couldn't beat the price, so I caved...and while I was at it, I ordered Addiction Heavy Bag set and Susan Chung (I think it's her first one, can't remember the name). Merry Christmas to me!!!

With Cathe's new set coming whenever, I've got enough new workouts to last me the rest of my life... so I think I'll go find the "No-Buy 2013" thread.
Old 12-14-12, 09:18 AM  
pharma_gal

Does the Amazon set contain all the workouts from the original set? Can someone please tell me how many workouts are included? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 09:30 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
That is a ridiculously good price!! I can't imagine it will last long, but anyone who likes Michael should jump on it. Thank goodness I already have it, or else my no-buy till Feb. would be out the window
I caved as soon as I read your post last week These will be good for low/moderate cardio days

The only workouts I don't own from him are the Everlast workouts. I don't even now if those are workouts

Tags
aerobox, cordless jump rope, jump rope, michael olajide, roping