Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-12, 10:13 AM  
keb's mom

I didn't understand why the Governor would kill those soldiers? What was the reason behind such a heinous act?
Maria
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-12, 10:35 AM  
muddjeansgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb's mom View Post
I didn't understand why the Governor would kill those soldiers? What was the reason behind such a heinous act?
Maria
I think he just wanted their stuff. I'm sure they were well equipped with guns, ammo and food, not to mention the vehicles.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-12, 10:40 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Maria
I also get the feeling the Governor is all about only assimilating people he knows he can completely control. Military guys could be a threat and as a group they could challenge the Governor's authority. I think he is pretty selective about who he let's into his little commune. Plus, like muddjeansgal said, they had a lot of equipment and supplies he wanted. I was a little more confused by why he felt the need to kill the single soldier they rescued. Just by himself, he wouldn't so much be a threat to his authority, unless he started to question how walkers could have taken out his group. Maybe he would have figured out what the Governor did.
Old 10-31-12, 07:01 PM  
juberann

In the books, The Govenor is ALL about control so taking out military because they could become a threat and undermine him is a good guess. He will become more and more evil as the season progresses to the point you will hope a Zombie will be let in to get rid of him, The Zombies will look like the good guys the more his character is developed.....he's an awful person Can't wait until I see how he and Rick interact and hopefully he doesn't do to him in the series what he did in the books, it's TRULY disturbing
Old 10-31-12, 07:11 PM  
keb's mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I also get the feeling the Governor is all about only assimilating people he knows he can completely control. Military guys could be a threat and as a group they could challenge the Governor's authority. I think he is pretty selective about who he let's into his little commune. Plus, like muddjeansgal said, they had a lot of equipment and supplies he wanted. I was a little more confused by why he felt the need to kill the single soldier they rescued. Just by himself, he wouldn't so much be a threat to his authority, unless he started to question how walkers could have taken out his group. Maybe he would have figured out what the Governor did.
That's what I figured...Initially I thought--why doesn't he take the soldiers back to the town where they could help defend the group against the walkers? But they might not go along with his unorthodox methods. Apparently Merle has no problems going along with the governors plans.....
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-12, 07:29 PM  
kali1

the Governor is psycho. I mean that last scene, in his private room was utterly disturbing.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-12, 07:30 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
In the books, The Govenor is ALL about control so taking out military because they could become a threat and undermine him is a good guess. He will become more and more evil as the season progresses to the point you will hope a Zombie will be let in to get rid of him, The Zombies will look like the good guys the more his character is developed.....he's an awful person Can't wait until I see how he and Rick interact and hopefully he doesn't do to him in the series what he did in the books, it's TRULY disturbing
I'm gonna have to read the books now
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 05:14 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Oh man, I'm totally freaked out! I love this series! Seriously stressing over your post though!!!!!
Old 11-01-12, 07:51 AM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

Just chiming in to say I love the series too. I initially didn't want to watch it but dh and ds were and they talked about it so much I figured I might as well watch it and I am so glad I did!!!

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Janzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 08:12 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Apparently Merle has no problems going along with the governors plans.....
On Talking Dead after the show the host asked one of the guests about the new "neutered" Merle. The guest, a producer or something, said that we should never count Merle out. So now I'm thinking Merle is just playing possum for now and will show his true colors and motivation in the future! Since Merle is not in the books this is a storyline where nobody has any idea what is going to happen.

Tags
favorite tv shows