Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-12, 08:15 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I can do it straight thru, but I don't lift as heavy as I used too. I also only use 2.5lb ankle weights, and I don't add another dumbell for the additional floorwork. I still love this workout!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-12, 09:06 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I can do it straight through no problem, and agree 10# bells are a great poundage to use but use 12# for the UB strengh work.

I really don't care for all those lunges and tend to sub kettlebell swing sets instead. I'm not crazy about what seems like endless jump rope/jack variations either and sometimes fast forward through that part when I'm short on time.

I use 5# ankle weights (well thigh weights really, which is much more comfortable) for all the floor work. it is super hard but easily my favorite! I think I like the table work the best, I can just feel my glute muscles building and shaping...I take pride in my nice booty

Hmm, now that I'm looking at my post, I guess I do make a lot of modifications to make the workout my own. LOL!
Old 10-14-12, 09:07 AM  
Tugger31

I can do it physically but I cant do it anymore b/c I cant stomach the high cheese factor anymore! I dont know how I managed to do this so often so many years ago!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-12, 09:41 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I can do it physically but I cant do it anymore b/c I cant stomach the high cheese factor anymore! I dont know how I managed to do this so often so many years ago!
I know the routine so well. I play my own music And yes I though it was super tough 8 years ago and now it's much, much easier and I go do it straight through
Old 10-14-12, 07:46 PM  
Jane1721

I agree with Sarah, it's probably not as tough as you remember. I reacquired Vol. 1 earlier this year and was very surprised that not only did I make it all the way through, but it did not kick my butt (although I absolutely did feel like I got a good workout).

Like others, I did not go heavier than a set of 10 pound dumbbells (that is my max weight for Firm workouts anyway, due to a shoulder injury that never healed properly) and I used 2.5 pound ankle weights.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-12, 07:40 AM  
bethellen

I do Vol. 1 still and like others make my own modifications with weights. It's a great workout!
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-12, 06:27 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Up until a month ago, yes. I could do it all the way through using slightly less weight than Susan uses. Not because I couldn't handle the heavier poundage, I just preferred not to. I would pull it out from time to time every few months or so and do it just to see how far I've come in my fitness journey. Since taking a month off in September though, I'm not sure I can do it now without modifications. Maybe I'll try it this week.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
revisiting the firm, thigh weights