Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-12, 04:29 PM  
donnamp

Oh - I hope you enjoy it. It is working well for me, for most of 2012 I have been in an exercise slump - feeling like I didn't really "click" with much of anything and having a hard time sticking to anything. This is working for me, I look forward to doing these combos and I also feel that the more I do them the better I get at them and they become more challenging. For my Body Electric workouts I can tell I'm increasing the weight I'm using and I'm feeling that I'm using better form w/ my Classical Stretch workouts.

An added benefit - if I skip cardio I can do it all in my PJs and bare feet.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-12, 07:40 PM  
ilovemybirds

That sounds great! I'm a huge MR fan, and I have a lot of her workouts. Another simple rotation would be to take her total body DVDs (like the All My Best volumes) and alternate them with cardio.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-12, 11:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi -
I'm reviving this thread to say I'm doing an MR rotation of sorts right now and it is working very well for me. Basically what I'm doing is an Unplugged episode every day, a classical stretch every day and a short (30 min) cardio every day. I have been doing this since Thanksgiving and I'm not bored yet, so that is a good sign.
Donna this sounds like a wonderful rotation! And the more outdoorsy the better... it's a guaranteed mood-lifter! I've found myself adding old Gilad Bodies In Motion episodes to CS sometimes just for the tropical beach scenery.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 10:31 AM  
donnamp

Thanks everyone! This rotation has really lifted my spirits and has given me renewed interest in working out. I struggled through all of 2012 w/ motivation and really found myself unable to stick with anything for very long (w/ the exception of finishing the X-Factor body weight rotation in the spring -). These are working well for me b/c there is enough variety to keep me interested and I do feel like I'm progressing - I'm using heavier weights for the MR workouts and I am feeling that I'm getting deeper into the positions/stretches for CS.

I like the idea also of alternating an hour long MR or CS w/ cardio days.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard rotation, slump