Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-12, 11:27 AM  
Breezy Trousers

I received Reboot 2 in trade yesterday & tried it out this morning. ... Now I'm looking for Reboot 1. I hope, like Reboot 2, it's as hard as you want to make it. Reboot 2 is a "little black dress" sort of workout which can be amped up or played down, depending on your mood.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 01:11 PM  
Aunt Famous

Timely post, Breezy.

I did Reboot 2 for the first time this morning and loved it. (I wish I'd thought about using a dumbbell instead of my soft med ball at some points, although I did sub in a kettlebell in the kettlebell-type series.) I sweated! I felt good!

And in fact, it's part of My Month with Tracie Long. I'm thinking about starting a thread to chronicle it, if for no other reason, MMwTL was inspired by a half-dozen threads on this very forum.

Good hearing from you.

AF
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 01:21 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I have been ing the Reboots so much that I'm thinking of revisiting the TLT workouts she did several years ago. I want to really work my core and I think she does a great job in training that area.

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 01:39 PM  
daisyfit

Great review. I haven't done Tracie's workouts in a while, will check out the new workouts.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 01:49 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Timely post, Breezy.

I did Reboot 2 for the first time this morning and loved it. (I wish I'd thought about using a dumbbell instead of my soft med ball at some points, although I did sub in a kettlebell in the kettlebell-type series.) I sweated! I felt good!

And in fact, it's part of My Month with Tracie Long. I'm thinking about starting a thread to chronicle it, if for no other reason, MMwTL was inspired by a half-dozen threads on this very forum.

Good hearing from you.

AF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I have been ing the Reboots so much that I'm thinking of revisiting the TLT workouts she did several years ago. I want to really work my core and I think she does a great job in training that area.
Denise
Aunt Famous, I would love to follow your month with Tracie Long. I hope you consider this. I was feeling content with my workout collection -- only waiting for sequels at this point -- until I did Reboot2 today. Now I've got the VF itch again & am wondering why I left Tracie behind at FitPrime. As with Denise, I'm considering revisiting Tracie but am ignorant of what's out there. (BTW, AF, you sold Molinari's 30-60-90 to me. That one is so intense that it actually gets me high, lol. Thanks!)
Old 05-16-12, 02:12 PM  
Rhonda

I just started a Tracie rotation. Just picking the one I want to do. I have done both Reboots and really enjoy them. This morning was a focus workout for the lower body, can't think of the correct name. My hips have been have some small DOMS all day, which is great.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 03:00 PM  
Mandy

/QUOTEReboot 2 is a "little black dress" sort of workout which can be amped up or played down, depending on your mood.[/QUOTE]

This is a perfect description of Reboot 2 I love it!
I just love Tracie's Reboot series. The music, the exercises..everything. Even Tracie's outfits that match perfectly with her cool shoes.

I think I like Reboot 1 a bit better because of the intervals and weight work in between. It feels "Firm-ish". The instrumental upbeat music really motivates me to work harder.
I think the intervals/cardio in Reboot 2 are harder than Reboot 1. But I still give my all to the intervals in Reboot 1 and I go anaerobic.

Reboot 2 has tuck jumps and more high impact than Reboot 1. Reboot 1 has some impact but its doable since you stop and do weights afterward and then some stretching. If you go heavy with the weights, it keeps the heartrate up!

Can't wait for Reboot 3
Old 05-16-12, 04:18 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I think I like Reboot 1 a bit better because of the intervals and weight work in between. It feels "Firm-ish". The instrumental upbeat music really motivates me to work harder.
I think the intervals/cardio in Reboot 2 are harder than Reboot 1. But I still give my all to the intervals in Reboot 1 and I go anaerobic.

Reboot 2 has tuck jumps and more high impact than Reboot 1. Reboot 1 has some impact but its doable since you stop and do weights afterward and then some stretching. If you go heavy with the weights, it keeps the heartrate up!

Can't wait for Reboot 3
Ha! You already enabled me with an earlier Reboot post, Mandy. I ordered Reboot 1 earlier today.
Old 05-17-12, 10:27 PM  
ncl

Fyi...these are older but Tracie's TLT series is on sale at Total Fitness DVDs. Strength in Movement and Endurance for Movement are 5.99 each. Better Burn Better Buns and Finding Your Core are 11.98. FYI.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 10:40 PM  
princess76

I did Figure 30 Butt again this morning. I love it! The time flies by. Great stretching, too.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figure 30 butt, reboot evolution volume 2, tracie long