Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-11, 09:07 AM  
pgun3

Hip 30 Tracie Long

I did this workout this morning and I liked it better than what I expected. I asked myself why I ordered tracies last set because I haven't really cared for her workouts since she her firm days. But I liked it, it was short, and burned a good amount of calories as it got my heart rate up alittle. Was a tad hard to follow my first time because the moves are different. Who knows maybe I liked it because I know my hips aren't the greatest and they need some strengthening. I wonder how often I should do it??

And the best thing, I didn't notice any glitches!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 09:39 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I can't wait for mine to arrive. I'm thinking of doing it 1x/week.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 11:56 AM  
Piper
VF Supporter

I just received my shipping notice for this dvd. This will be my first Tracie Long workout. I'm obsessed with this type of hip work right now; my body is responding really well to moves like this.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 11:56 AM  
Elise7

What level would you rate this?
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 12:06 PM  
suegy3

Most of her clips look a little dry but the clip of this one looked great. I'm still not going to bite though.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 02:57 PM  
pgun3

I not sure what level this would be but if I were to decide I would say beginner?? LOL I finished it with no problem. She never does a move too long to cause any kind of burn but I don't know that is what the workout is supposed to do. This is what it says in part of her description on her website:

"Long leads participants through a series of athletic and ballet inspired dynamic exercises to improve strength, balance, and flexibility from the hip joint. The winning combination of standing single leg work and floor work encourages the hips to move safely and readily through a full range of motion while creating a slenderized, slip-in- your-jeans, shape."
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 08:54 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I just ordered this and can''t wait to get it! It looks like a great lower body add-on workout!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 07:45 PM  
lrb04

Just did this today, and it really focuses on the hip. I have hip issues and plan on doing this at least 3 times a month. Having so many workouts, I rarely plan on doing a DVD so often but I want to see if this helps my tight hips. If you don't like balance work, then this might not be for you because it seems to have at least 40% of this kind of movements. Great stretches, great gem for me!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 09:34 PM  
lilmonkey2

I just previewed it and it looks really great. I can't wait to try it.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 09:45 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Just what muscles and areas does it address? I've been having some hip tightness in my Pilates lessons lately but also times when my glutes just don't want to engage when I want them to. Think this would help with both? I love balance work.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figure 30 hips