Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-11, 08:58 AM  
lorajc

c'mon giftee....post....I don't see you yet!!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 09:23 AM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
gosh.....I feel like a beggar!! but here's my wishlist...new Hamelin D'abel, Burn at the Bar, Andra Orbeck adn new Jillian Buns and hips plus Katami Bootcamp!

Are you kidding??? You do not look like a beggar! Did you see my list that is as long as my arm...actually it's as long as my arm AND leg!!!

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 09:24 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I post all the time everywhere all over VF and that probably makes it really confusing as to what I might like and still don't have. LOL So, here are some ideas for me. I included links below just so you kniow what I'm talking about - get them at the best place for you. As others have said, used DVDs are fine - don't break the bank.

Workouts

> The Seasons of Fitness
> Training2Cheer
> Gilad Total Body Sculpt Plus Functional Fitness
> Play Ball by Patrick Goudeau
> Radiant Mom Yoga
> Leaning Out

Other stuff about me:

I am an avid note writer. I write at least a couple of notes every weekend and many times I write more than that. So, I am way into writing paraphenalia - note cards, stationary, stickers to seal envelopes, fat pens, small notepads to write notes on to VF trading partners, etc.

The one thing I collect are pottery mugs - then kind you buy at a craft show for way more than you'll want to spend. However, last year, I received a Christmas mug, mass produced and buyable in a store, and really enjoyed having it. I'd like to have another so I can have one at home and one at work. The bigger the better for me because...

I am a tea drinker. It is my drink of choice rather than coffee and soda at night. I tend to drink spicy teas and dessert teas. But, I'll pretty much drink anything.

I'm a handbell player and like stuff from that world. But, unless you are in that world and play handbells, you wouldn't know where to start. But, you never know. I've met some other handbell players on VF.

My husband is allergic/sensitive to most scents, so we don't have candles and stuff like that in our house and I have to be careful as to what I use as far as moisturizers, etc. We also don't have any pets because of that.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being my Secret Santa!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 09:32 AM  
jenn38

Dear Secret Santa,

Fitness wishes:
Booty Barre for Beginners
KCM Cardio Blast
Patrick G's Quick Step
Cathe Stretch Max
Seasun's Straight Up Step
P57 volume 2 any
Ilaria kickboxing
Cathe fire walker bands

I am good with used DVDs.

Other items:
ITunes and Barnes and noble cards.
I'm trying to cook more and like the pioneer woman.
Chocolates and Carmel's
Pot holders.
Scarves and knit gloves
Candles
Coffee Mugs

I will like anything you send me.
Old 10-26-11, 09:35 AM  
MM-Om

Just got my giftee too Let me start preparing the list...be back soon
Old 10-26-11, 09:37 AM  
mommy2two

I got my giftee. This is so exciting ! Will work on my list when I get home later.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 10:18 AM  
Sissy B

Dear Secret Santa:

I am really excited about participating this year for the first time.

About Me: I am a married, SAHM with a teenage DD and 3 dogs. I love to read, sketch and cook. I love college football - I'm a big Auburn University fan. I do celebrate Christmas - both religiously (Christian) and traditionally (Santa Claus).

DVD Wish List - I'm copying this from Sherry's post above because I feel the same way:

Quote:
I am grateful for anything that is sent. I don't want anyone breaking their budget. I am totally fine with gently used dvds. I am only listing a lot of things to make it easier for you and to increase the chance of surprise for me
Pure & Simple Yoga - Eion Finn
Defined Lines (Longevity) - Tracie Long
Leaning Out (Longevity) - Tracie Long
Staying Power (Longevity) - Tracie Long
Give Me 10 More - Amy Dixon
MB45 Advanced DVD - Marcus Martinez
Pilates Super Sculpt - Tracey Mallett
The Ultimate Body Sculpt & Conditioning with Kettlebells Vol. 3 - Lauren Brooks

I don't like step or anything that is too high impact or difficult choreography-wise, I have 2 left feet. I don't want any Leslie workouts - I am over her - she gets on my nerves. I'm also over The Firm and Cathe. I like playing on the Wii, using my kettlebells and I really want to start doing more yoga, but I don't want anything too out there. I don't like Baron Baptiste, Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper.

Other Gift Ideas:
LUSH Cosmetics - I love their Butterball Bath Bombs and their bubble bars - Christmas Eve, Creamy Candy, Dorothy and Pop in the Bath. I love The Olive Branch.
The Body Shop - White Musk
Bath & Body Works - Moonlight Path
**I am sensitive to smells and can't handle anything too sweet or flowery.
I love to read - a gift card to Barnes & Noble would be great.
I'm a big I Love Lucy fan. I also like Scooby Doo.
If there are Christmas ornaments that represent where you live I love things like that for my tree - whenever we go on vacation somewhere I try to find something like this.

My favorite color is dark blue.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 10:18 AM  
difit

I just got my giftee!! I'm so excited!!!! This is my first time. Thank you Anne for doing this.

Dear Secret Santa,

Fitness Dvd wishes: gently used dvd are completely fine(vidiot quirk I have is I would like the artwrork of the used dvd)

KCM upcoming new ones: 30min step boxing, your best body, & start here
Christi Taylor new one: Totally Cool Step 2 or even Totally Cool Step
Ilaria: any of the body strikes or powerstrikes
Cathe: any Gym Style series, Supersets/Push-Pull, Slow & Heavy, Muscle Max
Scott Cole's new Yoga & Tai Chi

Other wishes

Gift cards- Amazon, Qvc, Barnes&Nobles, College, Totalfitness, etc..
Circle resistant bands
Lip Balm
Workout socks size 8
Ponytail hairbands- I have long thick hair. Anything that would help keep my hair out of the way.
Nail polish- share your favorite nail polish
Candles- anything holiday
Candy- White or chocolate, no dark, with nuts, carmel, or peppermint. Soft peppermint candy
Cookies- love homemade white chocolate chip with macadamia nuts, oatmeal, snickerdoodles
Protein bars- share your favorite if you have one
Recipes- Soups with chicken, Smoothies, protein drinks

Any type of nuts or trail mix

I'm not a coffee or tea drinker but I do enjoy hot chocolate during the cold season.

Magnets- Love, love magnets from different states, cities, tourist attractions, or fitness & health, funny quotes. Just about anything

I walk my dog on regular basis and cold season is coming up. Ear muffs or Ice grippers to put over your shoes.

Books- completely ok with gently used books- I love to read romantic suspense. I'm behind on a few authors. Karen Rose- You Belong to Me; Cindy Gerard- With no Remorse; Jami Alden- Beg for Mercy, Hide from Evil; Cate Noble- Deadly Seduction, Deadly Games.

Aromatherapy- calming aromatherpy scents in candles, oils, room frangrance, shower gels, lotions. I don't soak in the tub. I have a office/library thats my sanctuary that I go to when I'm feeling stressed or just to relax and unwind.
Some of the Aromotherapy I get from Bath& Body Works:
-Sleep: Lavendar Chamomile
-Stress relief: Eucalyplus Spearmint
Suggest any other calming scents or aromatherpy recipes

Page a Day Calendars: Mediatations & Reflection for Women Who Do Too Much or Laugh til the Mascara Runs, Fitness.

Don't go breaking your budget. I will be thrilled with anything I get. This is my first year and I'm having fun particpating.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 10:30 AM  
lincnkel

Dear Secret Santa -

I'm so excited to be participating this year!!

A little about me - I'm not married but have a "spousal equivalent" (15 years) - we don't have any kids. We have 3 dogs and 6 cats. (Love my furbabies!!) I have a little bit of workout ADD - I flip between Tony and Bob and Cathe (I own ALL of hers) and Chalene and kettlebells and my treadmill and the Wii. And classes at the gym I belong to. I have tried and couldn't get into barre and step.

Fitness wishes - I am COMPLETELY okay with receiving used DVDs!!
-KCM TLC
-Paul Katamai Burn & Build
-Any One-on-Ones from Vol 1 or 2
-MB45 Advanced DVD
-TA Hipcentric
-Weider X Factor (don't need the pushup thingys)
-Posters for my workout room

Other -
-I recently colored my hair red (after being blond for all of my 36 years) so I'm looking for new lip stuff to go with it!! I Love, Love, Love lip stuff - balm, gloss, lipstick, all of it.
-I'm into making green smoothies
-I LOVE coffee!!!!!
-I love trying new skin care, lotions, bath stuff, etc. (no floral - it makes me sneeze!)

I will enjoy and be thrilled with anything you send!!

2015 Goals:
$ per workout: $0/$300
Complete 3.5 month STS rotation
Complete half marathon
lincnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 10:41 AM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Hello Secret Santa. This is my first time doing the gift exchange and I am so excited. I've already started stalking my own giftee. I want to say thank you in advance and hope I don't seem demanding or picky. Except for check-ins, I don't post a lot, so this list is meant only to give you some ideas and help you know a little about me. I'm a low-key person and easy to please, so am sure to love anything you send. Please just have fun and don't feel that you need to go overboard or be very spendy.

Fitness DVD ideas in no particular order:
Results Fitness 10 Days to a Better Body w/Cindy Whitmarsh
Gilad's Power & Grace
KCM's NYC, 30 MTF Weights, Split Sessions
Cathe Push Pull/Supersets (only if you find a really cheap, used copy.)
Kathy Smith's Ageless Total Body Turnaround
Feel free to surprise me, if you'd rather. Lately I've been in a more intermediate/intermediate-advanced mood and haven't been feeling the urge to pull out workouts that are super-advanced or high impact. I like workouts that are shorter (or that have shorter options). I'm open to just about anything, although I'm not overly fond of kickboxing, and I've never clicked with Jillian Michaels (her workouts make my back hurt.) I've been doing gobs of Leslie lately, but do enjoy learning choreography and step.
VHS workouts are fine, since I still have a VCR.
I plan to preorder the new KCM workouts, but don't plan to buy anything else for myself before Christmas.

Other ideas/interests/things about me:
I'm 40, married with no kids, and have 2 kitties. I love Dogs, but don't have any right now. I'm partial to Great Danes.
My favorite colors are purple and turquoise blue.
I'm outdoorsy and love hiking, backpacking, camping, gardening and watching birds.
I enjoy Sudoku puzzles and try to do one every day.
Coffee! I usually drink Folgers, so as long as it isn't instant, it's all good.
I collect refrigerator magnets from places I travel to and would love one from where you live, or someplace you like.
Christmas ornaments of all sorts. Since my cats love hanging out around the tree, non-breakable ones would be best.
I like T-shirts. Usually wear a ladies' size small, unless it is a really tiny cut.
Funky socks for a size 9 foot (the cheap, colorful ones from places like Dollar Tree), warm hats/scarves would be wonderful. Even though the winters here are mild, I'm a big baby when it comes to cold.
Anything with Eeyore or Dr. Seuss' the Grinch.
I read a ridiculous number of mysteries and thrillers and especially love British ones. One newer to me author is Stephen Booth--I've read his Blind to the Bone and One Last Breath, but haven't read any of his other books. Other authors I'd like to try are Louise Penny and Mark Billingham.
I'm sort of a geek and have a wacky sense of humor in real life. I love anything to do with Star Trek, James Bond, Monty Python and Doctor Who.
If you have any favorite recipes for stews or soups, I'd love it if you shared.
I'm totally okay with a little bit of candy--especially chocolate or gummy bears.
I'm not good at crafts/art so handmade/homemade things are great!
I do celebrate Christmas in both the secular and religious sense.

One of my favorite things to do is shop at Goodwill and thrift stores (I even get most of my clothes there), so I would absolutely welcome used DVD's, books, etc.

Last edited by Fonzie; 10-27-11 at 12:18 PM. Reason: adding a list
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crow pose, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange, kathryn budig, secret santa, vf gift exchange, vf holiday exchange, wish list