Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-11, 08:12 PM  
curious621

Thanks for your patience in waiting for my wishlist! I love participating in this- this is my third year I think! I am married with twin almost 10 year olds (boy/girl) and a 13 year old Shih Tzu (my first child). I am a part-time high school biology and health teacher and just started this year as co-dept. chair and that has kept me quite busy. I have a bunch of videos and use them quite often although since July I have been running every other day. I'm up to 4 miles and am loving it even though it's getting cold here in Ohio. I have lost 35 lbs. in the past year through Weight Watchers, eating better and continuing to work out so I want to maintain my current weight now.

OK as for gift suggestion, here you go. I am perfectly fine with used DVDs- many of mine are and also want you to stay within your budget- I'm a simple person and don't need alot. I just get excited over getting the box in the mail!

DVD suggestions:
Tracey Mallett- Booty Barre (any of the three)- I love her other workouts!
Amy Dixon- Breathless Body- sounds like a great workout
Piloxing- Vivica Johnson- looks fun to me
Kathryn Budig- Aim True Yoga- I want to learn how to do the crow!
Mandy Ingber- Yogalosophy- looks interesting
Altar of the Heart- Tilak Pyle- because everyone raves about it!
Travel Fit- Cathe Friedrich- I worry about getting my workouts in when I travel.
Tonya Larson- Trim and Toned in 20- I like her other workouts.
Chris Freytag- 10 lb. Slimdown- lots of variety
Debra Mazda- Let's Get Stepping or Walking Fit and Fabulous- I like her.
Firm- Turbocharge Weight Loss- I have the other Firm Express workout.
Powerstrike- Ilaria M.- I would like to try one of hers and I enjoy kickboxing.
Kari Anderson- Sweat Express II- just looks fun
Sharon Twomby's Zero to 60- love the music in the clip!
Bob Harper- any of his that he has done on his own- not Biggest Loser ones because
I have some of those. Maybe not the one in which the girl cries out in pain.
Janet Stone- maybe?
Jillian Michaels- Extreme Shed and Shred- I love her workouts and reached my goal
weight doing them!
Any other workouts that you really like that I should try

Other stuff:
Running stuff
Monkey stuff (I love monkeys!)
Fake Pandora charms (I have the real Pandora bracelet but some of my charms
are not authentic (shhh, don't tell anyone) and I don't mind at all)
Weight Watchers foods
No chocolate or candy (I can't believe I just typed that!)
Mysteries
Christmas items (I am Catholic and teach at a Catholic school)

Hope this helps- but really, I am not picky! Keep it simple! Laura
curious621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 08:12 PM  
IvysMom

i just got my giftee too. now to sit down & peruse vf and amazon and/or totalfitness to figure out what i want.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 08:21 PM  
AnnR33

Here are a few ideas for DVDs: (gently used is fine with me!)

-Tracie Long Focus Series Kick Back

-Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown

-Jackie's Personal Training 30 Day Fast Start (release Nov 22)

-Prevention: 2-Week Total Body Turnaround w/ Chris Freytag (Strength and Cardio DVDs) I think you may be able to buy these separately cheaper just FYI

I'll try to add a few more ideas this weekend!

Ideas for little extras but certainly not expected:
-chapstick or lip balm like Softlips or similar
-soft warm socks-shoe size 9
-sugar free hard candies
-a fun/cozy Christmas read is also welcome-I love to read
-favorite colors are dark purple, plum, dark red
-we LOVE Christmas at our house-decorations are welcome
-we have 2 guinea pigs and 2 dwarf hamsters so any ornaments with that theme would be fun
-no candles please-too many little ones here
Old 10-25-11, 08:33 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Dear SANTA,

Thank you so much for being my Secret Santa! I am so excited! I haven’t done anything like this since elementary school (4th grade, actually).

Santa, please make this as easy on yourself as possible. I do not want to you to do anything that may burden yourself, financially or otherwise! I am very easy to please and I will be happy with whatever you give me! This is the holiday gift I am looking forward to the most, simply because its from a VF friend!

Of course, used DVDs and recycled items are totally fine - I am also totally happy to have hand-me-downs.

Also, anything you like is something I’d be happy to have!

Okay, here goes

DVD

I don't have a VHS machine anymore, so please only DVD.

I love intensity! I like my workouts to be generally advanced. The only ones I don’t like (and I have really tried, I just don’t) are barre, pilates and dance. I pretty much adore everything else. I love athletic cardio and bootcamp style workouts. I have a black belt in karate and I love kickboxing/boxing/MMA inspired workouts. Just to let you know what I like, I am a big fan of Cathe, Paul Katami, Bob Haper, Tonique, Turbo Fire, Insanity, circuit and interval workouts, kettlebell, Amy Bento's kickboxing, etc.

These are some I have been looking for (used is totally fine - and I definitely do not expect anything on this list, just ideas), in no particular order (I may add to this but I won't take away from it):

Shadow-Jitsu Bodyweight Training DVD
Interested in some Tony One-on-Ones Volume 3
Something by Scott Helvenston (used because they are pricy)
Revved to the Max - Jari Love
Melt It Off! Cardio Mix & Melt - Mitch Gaylord & Mindy Mylrea
Angie Gorr Custom 3 Fit Cardio & Strength Interval Circuit DVD
Pleasure of Strength - Ana Forrest
Any Bryan Kest DVD except his “Power Yoga” (with 3 workouts - I already have this one)

Anything by Adrienne Reed except her Power Yoga for Athletes
Looking for some INTENSE short yoga workouts (around 40 minutes or less)
anything by Alicia Piz
Train2Cheer

may be interested in trying Greg Sims (if he has something advanced that's not URX - not sure he does, most his stuff seems intermediate)
something by Janet Stone - any but the Radiant Mom DVD
Ideas from you?

Some things about me/ideas:

Gift cards are always good (especially if that is easier for you) - amazon, total fitness dvd, collage, etc.

I really like coffee . . not flavored coffee (not like vanilla and caramel) but any kind of regular coffee (like columbian or french roast or whatever)

I try to eat low fat and I am a vegetarian, so if you have any delicious receipes to share (that are not too difficult to make - I’m not a very good cook), that would be great. I also really like food bars - right now kashi are my favorite - I also really like luna bars and power bars.

I am a film, video and animation artist and I can be a little quirky, so anything odd is probably interesting to me.

I am generally a size small to extra-small and I am short, 5”4.

I like cute warm socks and inexpensive gloves - I get cold really easily so anything like this is great - scarves, etc. I can always use workout socks as well. I am a shoe size 6 - 6.5.

I like all colors - you really can’t go wrong here. I suppose if I had to choose it would be red, black and really vibrant blues.

I love animals - I really like sharks, seahorses and ocean themed things.

I sweat a lot when I work out, it’s gross, so anything fitness along those lines, moisture wicking stuff, wrist bands, head bands, non-slip stuff.

I love to read (fiction and non-fiction) and I love films of all genres, I also like to write so things to write with or in are always good.

I oddly have a soft spot for horror and spooky stuff.

I’d rather not get lotions and bath washes, just because I know I never end up using them and they end up wasted. I also try not to eat candy.

Again, anything that you like I'd be happy to have as well!

Thank you Santa! Really, I am just happy to be thought of during the holiday season and anything you get me will make me happy - just wanted to give you some variety.
Old 10-25-11, 08:50 PM  
daisysunshine

Okay - I want to thank Anne for doing this every year. You are a super star. Sorry Santa for taking so long. I've had mid-terms and was in a funky mood all week.

Dear, Santa

I've been a very good girl this year. Kinda. I don't really want a lot because, I'm a student. I can't really spoil my Santee, so I do not think its fair for me to ask for a lot of things.

I am also going to be difficult.... [sorry] because I don't really need a lot of things fitness wise. I'm pretty good where I am. I have Leah, Bernadette. The only things I'm short is Classical Stretch - and I'm not asking for that (Unless you can trade for it, or you decide you have it and hate it and want to give it to me). Bellyfit Water isn't coming out until WAY after the new year. I really don't know what else I want exercise wise

So here are a few things I'm considering, dear, Santa. I might edit this... but I want to give you some options that won't be too difficult for you collect an idea

Daisy's Wish-List
  • Anju Pear-Adise Ooolong Tea [Teavana]
  • White Ayurvedic Chai Tea [Teavana]
  • Joie de Vivre Herbal Tea [Teavana]
  • Apple Lemon Pomergrante Tea [Teavana]
    (if you only can get 1 tea - that's fine. i won't even say which one - you can surprise me)
  • Anything homemade would be fabulous I love homemadeness stuff
  • Yoga Strap
  • 6x6 Q Snap Frame
  • Socks. I am a sock junky. my feet are size 7.5-8. Knee socks, leg warmers are my passion and fuzzy sucks as well. Not ones with toes though. i've got tiny tiny toes. and I don't think theyll fit. (this is why I don't think socks from toe-sox would work for me.)
  • stuff to make yoga-mats NOT sticky. (THIS i think is expensive, so it's okay.
  • Winnie the Pooh [Eeyore and Pooh are my favourites]
  • Something that represents YOU and where you are from
  • itunes gift cards. I don't really get a lot of stuff from Amazon.ca, Amazon.com charges arms and legs.
  • Anything homemade is great and fantastic.
  • either 1 fat quarter or 30x30.5 25 Count Magic Guide from here I love cross stitching [either or both is okay - I am just thinking about pennies. If you want to see what I'm stitching, search "Unleash the Butterflies - Zindy Neilson" or "Dear Diary - Sara Butcher"]
  • I love pigs
  • colourful and funky mechanical pencils(am a student)

Other notes
I am allergic to caffiene so it would be best not to send anything like that. Scents bug me as well and i've got skin senstivities..
My favourite colours is the rainbow. (seriously. most colours I like and wear all the time. mostly earth tones and pink hee).
(I will try to make it easier for you and come up with something else)

I celebrate Christmas anyway religious + secular. but i'm here at school alone [again] this year, so I have nothing here LOL

Seriously, santa, get whatever you'd like please don't go poor because of me

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 08:56 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Just received my giftee! Thanks Anne!

Here is my wishlist:

DVDs:
-Elle Workout Yoga (with Brooklyn Decker)
-Shiva Rea: Creative Core
-Squeeze (original)
-Squeeze Lower Body challenge
-Shiva Rea: Fluid Power Vinyasa Flow
-Booty Barre +Arms
-Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30
-Peak 10 Cardio Strength
-Hollywood 4x4 Bootcamp
-Cathe Core Cardio Circuit

Other:
-Love coffee (espresso, K-cups, Starbucks, Intelligensia)
-Tea (love lease leaf, white and herbal teas, like fruity and spicy teas)
-Landscape photography (calendars, pocket planners, books)
-Salted chocolate and caramel flavored things
-Anything homemade is welcomed (socks, scarves, hats)
*I like the colors blue, brown, grey, green and purple

Can't wait!

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 09:20 PM  
goodnfit

Dear Secret Santa,

I’m totally open to anything (gently) used, please don’t spend too much! I’m happy and grateful for anything that you are able to send.

Wishing for:

Cathe --Pretty much anything from the new Low Impact Series, except Cycle Max (I
don’t have a spin bike). I already own just about every other Cathe.
Exhale Core Fusion: Boot Camp, Power Sculpt or Pure Intensity (I have the rest.)
Eoin Finn Blissology (if it’s possible to get just one from this series???)
Cathe firewalker bands or sliding discs, (maybe)
Tracie Long -- anything post-Firm; I have not tried any of her DVDs from recent years.
(No step, please. I still do it at the gym but not so much at home anymore.)

About me: I love yoga but already have a lot of yoga dvds so can’t think of anything I want other than Blissology.

In the last year, I’ve gotten into bicycling with my DH, doing 50+ miles per week, at least. It has not been without its perils, though: I had a serious fall in February and am more or less recovered from a compound arm fracture (the injury required reconstructive surgery and my right arm is now held together with the help of steel plates and countless pins!). I’m moving ahead, though (including being back on the bike) and exercise helps, as it does with just about everything.

I love to knit now that I once again have two functioning hands/arms -- ha! -- though I already have tons of needles and yarn.

I enjoy gardening (am currently trying to cultivate an outdoor winter herb garden), so a packet or two of interesting herb or vegetable seeds, for now or the spring, could be cheap and fun!

My DH and I love to cook together, using stuff from the herb garden. and from our veggie garden during the summer. I like to bake healthy treats for us, love to bake bread,

I don’t have kids. I have a cat. I enjoy reading on my Kindle. I love my morning cup o’ coffee. I like red wine with dinner.

Hope this gives you some thrifty ideas! :-D
goodnfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 09:42 PM  
Mandy

Got my giftee and can't wait to find out more about that secret person Will post a list soon.....

Thank you to my Secret VF Gift Giver

DVD wish list:
Cathe Friedrich Cardio Fusion
Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step 2 preorder*really want!!*
Amy Bento Kickbox Surge and Core Training
Turbo Kick workouts
Turbo Fire Fire workouts
Joyce Vedral Top Shape
Joyce Vedral Interval Aerobics and Easy Does it
Joyce Vedral Just Thighs and Just Arms

other tid bits to let you know about me...
I love step aerobics, kickboxing and weight lifting(mostly Cathe STS and Joyce Vedral).
I live for Bible verses.
I love cats...
...and lighthouses because I adore the ocean and pictures of the ocean waves and sunsets.
I love Bath and Body or any Philosophy body wash/shower gel. I love yummy food scents..like Strawberry Milkshake is my fav right now. I'm a shower gel freak..its my reward after I work out.

hair claws...I have long hair and always pull it back when working out

I can't resist Werther's Original caramel candies..i love caramel!!!yummy!

I have a thing for white chocolate

My favorite instructor is Cathe Friedrich...just love her!

I love sparkly blue or purple or pink jewelry..I have a collection of cheap Swarovski crystal necklaces..pink hearts, blue horshoe with wings..ect..lol

I would be happy just getting anything from a VF friend in fitness!!! Thanks SO much!

Mandy

Last edited by Mandy; 10-26-11 at 08:26 PM. Reason: adding my wish list
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 10:02 PM  
dbclark44

My Wish List

DVDs

Paul Katamai Burn & Build
Supreme 90 Day System
Amy Dixon Breathless * Give Me 10 More
KCM TLC & Kickboxing
10 Minute Solution Kettlebell Ultimate Fat Burner
Patrick Goudeau’s Play Ball
Karen Voight Latest Stretch
Any Leslie Sansone Faith Walks

Other Stuff

Foam Roller
Workout Music (130-150 BPM)
Smart Ass (board game)
Fundex Games Tip of the Tongue (board game)
Blurt The Webster Game of Word Racing (board game)
Any of the Eat This not That Books

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 10:26 PM  
mandie123

Got it! Yay, will post mine soon.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crow pose, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange, kathryn budig, secret santa, vf gift exchange, vf holiday exchange, wish list