Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-11, 09:14 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
I just went out and bought a pair of shoes so I could get back into t-tapp. I did the Total Workout Rehab this morning. Now she has a barefoot workout....I think I might want it.
I love it, and even though it's twice as long as basic workout tempo, I prefer it to bwo tempo any time I'm time crunched.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 09:16 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
That Lauren Mones is one of my favorite upper body alignment DVDs.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 07:56 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Other yoga dvds with excellent shoulder work are Ana Forrest's Strength & Spirit, Erich Schiffman's Backyard Beginners, and Yoga in the Garden of Serenity.
I second the recommendation for Ana Forrest. She focuses on the shoulders and releasing the neck where so much tension is held. Here is a link to an article Ana wrote for Huffington Post about PTSD and yoga:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ana-fo...?ref=fb&src=sp
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 09:55 AM  
killoffsonny

Do you have to call the office to order it? I went to the t-tapp website and didn't see it. I know a lot of the workouts are not online. It's been so long since I went to the forum that I have changed email addresses and had to re-register. I've had this email for 18 months so that's how long it's been since I have been to the forum.

I remember they used to have really good specials on tuesdays or wednesdays and that's how I got a lot of my workouts cheaper than regular price.

My goal is to do something like you do..........T-Tapp three times a week and some kind of barre or fusion type workout three times a week. I have to throw cardio in there too because of diabetes.
Old 05-28-11, 10:02 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Interesting thread. I have V-Core and I have only done it 2-3 times in the past year. I thought it was OK, but I can't get into it, and I just don't feel the love....Maybe I should give it another try.
The V-Core instructor is mighty annoying, yet it is a good workout. I didn't think about it for alignment issues. I think of it as excellent for improving balance.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 11:13 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Do you have to call the office to order it? I went to the t-tapp website and didn't see it. I know a lot of the workouts are not online. It's been so long since I went to the forum that I have changed email addresses and had to re-register. I've had this email for 18 months so that's how long it's been since I have been to the forum.
You have to log in to the store separately from the forum. Once you've logged in, you can see all the specialty workouts. They'll have your old account, although you might need to reset your password.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 04:48 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
You have to log in to the store separately from the forum. Once you've logged in, you can see all the specialty workouts. They'll have your old account, although you might need to reset your password.
I think I'm going to have to call the store. I don't even remember what my user name was. It's been so long. I also did not see the barefoot workout.

I have temp arms and tempo torso. They are both thirty minutes or so. I remember really liking tempo torso but I think the dvd is screwed up...if I can even find it. Have to do some searching.
Old 05-28-11, 06:36 PM  
CarlaVeg

I tried Jill Millers quick fix lower back and hip and although I liked the workout it may have been too aggressive with someone with acute lower back or hip pain... I felt it the next day, and not in a good way.... but I did like the workout....

Need to try t-tapp next... and revisit v-core. Thanks.

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 08:26 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
The V-Core instructor is mighty annoying, yet it is a good workout. I didn't think about it for alignment issues. I think of it as excellent for improving balance.
What happens if you don't really have a balance problem? Then I guess you just get rid of the dvd. This workout is OK but honestly, I tried it again and just can't get into it.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 09:16 PM  
psnave

I agree that Vcore and T-tapp are pretty good for these issues, but I have a hard time sticking with them as well.
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, anti-aging ballet, calisthenics, dr eric goodman, finis jhung, jennifer rhodes