Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-11, 11:24 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
That does seem to be the case. Probably the easiest solution would be to order Barre3! But it's not sold on Amazon, and that's where I have all this credit; it would be hard to justify buying it otherwise. Is Barre3 sold anywhere other than the Barre3 site?
Not that I know of, but I don't actually have the DVD.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 11:45 PM  
suegy3

I don't have Pilates Sculpt but I bought this ball a few weeks ago to use for P57 and I love it! It inflated easy and is sticky so it doesn't move. I really like it. It seems simliar to the fit ball mini.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 12:13 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

exercisetv.com sells Barre3 - but without the ball.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 02:10 AM  
ilovemybirds

I just got this workout, so I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure my ball that came with 10 MS Quick Sculpt Pilates will be perfect for it!
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 03:38 AM  
juberann

I use the pearl pink ball I got with the 10 Minute Solution Pilates kit with Andrea Rodgers and I am positive it is the same exact ball Tracey is using in her workout! I love that ball, it was worth the price of the DVD
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 08:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I don't have Pilates Sculpt but I bought this ball a few weeks ago to use for P57 and I love it! It inflated easy and is sticky so it doesn't move. I really like it. It seems simliar to the fit ball mini.
Suegy, which ball--the one I suggested or another?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 09:31 AM  
Eibhinn

I don't have Pilates Super Sculpt, but I bought Barre3 along with the Fitball mini. I also have the 10MS kit, and the ball that comes with it appears to be exactly the same (I haven't inflated the second ball, so the size could be slightly different, but I don't think so). From the photo, the "Gertie" ball you posted looks identical to a fitball (in texture, size and available colours: the pink and blue of the 10MS and Barre3 balls) in the same way that Jill Miller's TuneUp balls are actually children's toys which were repurposed and rebranded. After using the Fitball, I absolutely wouldn't recommend normal children's playground balls/dodgeballs for these types of workouts (which is what the "YBB Squishy ball" is) - they slip and slide off of workout clothes and don't have enough give or squish to them. I used to detest workouts using a ball, but since getting the Fitball I've been revisiting those I still have in my collection and finding I really enjoy them with it. I'm mentally filing away the name "Gertie" ball, though, as I'm pretty sure that it is a Fitball mini marketed as a toy, or rather the Fitball mini is probably the "Gertie" ball marketed as fitness equipment. ETA - Read more of the description on Amazon, and it even comes with a straw for inflation just like the Fitball. It's totally the same thing -- good find! The size varies on these - more of an estimate really, because it can be inflated wayyyy larger than 9" with more air in it.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 09:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Eibhinn, I appreciate your additional thoughts on this!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-18-11, 01:43 PM  
Suzan66

I love my fitball that came with Barre3. It has lost air but to be honest it works better that way. It's the only ball I use now.

I have Next Level Pilates which also uses a ball and she has it only about 1/2 way inflated.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 01:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I just made a trade for Barre3 (yay!) and the user had an extra Fitball Overball that she is going to send me. I still might order the one from Amazon though--I have the credit anyway, so it might be nice to have the extra just in case.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
ball, balls, fitball, mini ball, pilates mini ball, pilates super sculpt, tracey mallett