Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-10, 04:56 PM  
jenn38

secret santa exchange

Does everyone who participates post thier wish list? Or do some people not post and hope for the best. I only ask because my giftee hasn't posted anything yet. This is my first time par taking and I'm trying to make sure I don't make any mistakes.
Old 11-03-10, 05:12 PM  
sweatmonger

Have you looked at your giftee's previous posts. Sometimes, if they post alot, you can get a good indication of what they have, what they like and what they want.

It totally makes me nervous too, about wanting to get it right for my giftee, so your not alone.
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 05:14 PM  
alisoncooks

You could always do a gift certificate to TotalFitness or something? And then other fun stuff? IDK, I'm sure I'd feel better if there were some set 'wishes'...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 05:19 PM  
Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
Does everyone who participates post thier wish list? Or do some people not post and hope for the best. I only ask because my giftee hasn't posted anything yet. This is my first time par taking and I'm trying to make sure I don't make any mistakes.
It's my first time too, and my giftee hasn't posted either Maybe we should form a Clueless Virgin Santa's Support Group!!! We could go in together and do a group buy for coal for the stockings

We're makin' a list, we're checking it twice... Let's go peeps, get to postin' so I can unleash my inner vidiot!
Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 05:20 PM  
little bird

I haven't posted my wishes yet but will soon.
Old 11-03-10, 05:23 PM  
sweatmonger

Aww...guys I feel for you! But I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want me as a giftee either. Because I've been makin' a list, checkin it twice, and making changes again, and again, and again....
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 05:24 PM  
KathAL79

My advice: be patient and give it until this weekend (2 full weeks since the emails went out). Some people are only on VF on the weekends, and remember that last weekend was a holiday weekend for many with Halloween activities. And people are still posting wish lists on the wish list thread; a few more appeared just yesterday or the day before.

An option is to get a third party to be the little bird that suggests your giftee might consider posting something. Again, I'd wait a few more days before resorting to this.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 05:39 PM  
ots

Hi guys -

In the past, I've sent out PMs to folks asking them to post wishlists. Or, you could ask someone else here that you know to send them a PM.

Let me know if you'd like my help.

Anne.
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 07:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yeah, some of us involved are not exactly the shy and/or retiring and would be more than happy to drop a note encouraging participants to post something. Feel free to ask for specific help, if you want it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 08:10 PM  
afirmrose

I hope they post soon so you can start shopping. I already have my stuff to send out.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gift exchange, secret santa