Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-10, 02:25 PM  
Pyjamarama

Margaret Richard- but harder?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the Margaret recommendations: I now have 'All My Best' Vols 1 & 2. However, I'm not finding it hard enough for what I need. I hesitate to post this, as so many find her floorwork hard- but I just don't , sorry.

The upper body is fine and it's possible to add more weights, which works well. But the lower body isn't very challenging to me.

I have Tonique Mat which I think is the hardest floorwork but I don't want to do that every day, as much as I like Sylwia!

Any ideas? I need some pretty hard floorwork; no squats or lunges please!

I already have:

Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout;
Cathe's Butts and Guts floorwork premix;
iBallet floorwork segments;
Tonique Mat;
Firm: Tracy Long's one (all floorwork; forgot the name, sorry);
Lots of barre (not great for my knees though).

Anything else I've missed? Barre on the whole does not work for me as the plies are too hard on the knees.

Thanks.

Last edited by Pyjamarama; 10-31-10 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Wrong workout name
Pyjamarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 03:43 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

Have you tried Margaret Richard Home Improvement?

I have found that alot of fitness dvds rely on squats and lunges but a couple of more suggestions for the floorwork would be:

Cathe PLB - this has premixes and her lowerbody work includes the use of the stability ball. This is one of my favorites.

Classic Firms 1, 2, and 3 - I believe you can now buy these workouts chaptered so you can go to the section you want.

P57 Classic - has a short upperbody workout and then on to the floor. This is barre work but you can use a chair.

HTH

Kim
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 03:46 PM  
Pyjamarama

Thanks Kimmie: sorry, I should have said- I have the Firms (did Vol. 1 floorwork yesterday!) as well as the P57 and Cathe. I think P57 is a bit weak on floorwork to be honest although the plies are killers! Thanks for the PLB reminder.

Thanks. TBH I think I have exhausted the market.

I'm a bit reluctant to buy Home Improvement unless I am really sure it has killer, killer floorwork!
Old 10-31-10, 03:49 PM  
fitmom24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjamarama View Post
Thanks Kimmie: sorry, I should have said- I have the Firms (did Vol. 1 floorwork yesterday!) as well as the P57 and Cathe. I think P57 is a bit weak on floorwork to be honest although the plies are killers! Thanks for the PLB reminder.

Thanks. TBH I think I have exhausted the market.

I'm a bit reluctant to buy Home Improvement unless I am really sure it has killer, killer floorwork!
Have you checked your library for it? Mine carried the VHS. I'm not sure if they still carry VHS any more, though.

Michelle
fitmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 05:42 PM  
spotted zebra

I was also going to say Margaret Richard's Home Improvement, plus Greg Smithey's Original Buns of Steel. This will probably seem like an obvious suggestion but have you thought of adding leg/thigh weights?
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 05:57 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra View Post
I was also going to say Margaret Richard's Home Improvement, plus Greg Smithey's Original Buns of Steel. This will probably seem like an obvious suggestion but have you thought of adding leg/thigh weights? (I don't mean weights around the ankles which aren't good for the knees).
I always use ankle weights for Margaret's lower body. 5 lbs. total (wear two 2-1/2 lb. weights -- one above knee and one on ankle) on each leg for inner and outer thigh work, and one ankle weight for hamstrings and glutes. I am trying to build up to wearing two ankle weights for that. I think you will find it isn't that easy.

For Home Improvement I don't use any weights at all. The reason HI is so tough is because she works for five minutes per muscle instead of three or three and a half minutes on the rest of her DVDs. That makes a big difference.
Old 10-31-10, 06:11 PM  
dnna

I think that Margarets'
triple Threat and Sculpture are considered her hardest? I use triple Threat lower body a lot- it is 40 minutes of floorwork with weights if you are up to that! I remember someone posting that Sculpture was the hardest and that has 1 60 minute lower body.
dnna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 12:26 AM  
Pyjamarama

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I have Buns of Steel on VHS somewhere...must dig it out!

So, I guess it's a choice between Home Improvement, Sculpture and Triple Threat; not sure which one to buy? Which one would you say is the hardest? Sounds like HI may be the killer one?

Any thoughts gratefully received; I can afford one more, I think.
Old 11-01-10, 02:59 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

original Buns of Steel with Greg Smithy
Old 11-01-10, 04:53 AM  
JessicaW

I second the Buns of Steel recommendation and back in Sept when you asked this same question, I recommended Home Improvement. You should listen to me! I know what I'm talking about! I have 2000 dvds! lol
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor work, floorwork, margaret richard, thigh weights