Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-09, 08:39 AM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
Happy Holidays!

Hi Santa!

I was obsessively checking this thread waiting for my giftee to post when it occurred to me that my Santa might be doing the same.

This is my second year in the exchange and last year I had both a fantastic Santa and a fantastic giftee, so I'm excited to do this again!

If you've been stalking me, you know that I recently bought a Fluidity bar, so new workouts for that might be fun. I also love traditional cardio, strength and fusion workouts, but I don't care for yoga or Pilates on their own. I have a huge collection, but I haven't bought anything in ages, so I have almost none of the newer releases.

Some specific workouts I'd like to try include the following, though you are not limited to these:

Cardio Barre (any)
Physique 57 -Classic (already have the Express and Abs)
Pure Barre - Pershing Square 1 or 2 (already have the original PB)
Charlene Prickett - It Figures Series 18
Petra Kolber - Bootcamp Boogie
Petra Kolber - Just Dance
Gilad - Classic Bodies in Motion Set #2 (any workouts from this set, I have the first set)
Gilad - Total Body Sculpt Plus (any workouts from this set, I have the first set)
Shapely Girl - Let's Get Moving 2
Shapely Girl - Walking Fit and Fabulous
Jennifer Galardi - Ballet Body Workout
Ellen Barrett - Express Belly Blast

A used DVD works just as well for me as a new one.

When I'm not busy working out, my life revolves around my three girls. We collect shot glasses and Christmas ornaments from everywhere we go and we love to add to our collection! We also enjoy playing games and giving each other home manicures using fun, funky colors. If you have a favorite shade, please send it along!

I don't have any food allergies (though we don't eat beef) and would enjoy any recipes that you might like to share.

The only scents I don't like are strong florals. I prefer subtle scents like coconut and vanilla or holiday-specific scents.

We celebrate Christmas in a Santa-and-Frosty way. However, I'm trying to raise my girls to understand and appreciate all holidays, so if you celebrate another holiday and have a fun book/game/tradition you enjoy, I'd love to share that with my girls!

I can't wait to find out who you are, Santa, and hopefully make a new friend along the way!

Happy Holidays!
Sherri
Old 10-28-09, 10:09 AM  
wallace22

Hey Secret Santa!

Dear Secret Santa:

Here is my fitness DVD wishlist (used or new):
Tonya Larson's Pure Pump
KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Muscle Definition
KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Body Training
Band Camp with Paul Katami
Prevention: Kickstart Your Metabolism
Yoga to the Rescue for Back Pain
Yoga to the Rescue for Neck & Shoulders
Step by Step Tai Chi with Tiffany Chen
Qi Gong Fire and Water

Other tidbits about me:
I am addicted to chocolate
I love the color pink
I can never have enough Bath and Body products and candles
I have a great interest in the paranormal - particularly ghost hunting
I love horror movies or comedies - never been crazy about love stories or chick flicks

Thanks in advance!

Angela
wallace22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 11:43 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Hi Secret Santa,

First and foremost, thanks for participating in this. This is my first year and I am just enjoying the fun of it all. Do not hurt your budget for me or do anything you are uncomfortable doing.
The truth is I like the fun of getting a package in the mail enough for that to be the gift, doesn't so much matter what is in it.

We celebrate Christmas as a time of family and friends and Santa Claus and Reindeer.

Okay. Used DVDs or VHS is fine with me. I like them both and have a nice little setup for both.

I have all the workout toys I need. I love Leslie, but I have tons of hers. I have a ton of Firms that I don't use, but can't seem to part with.

Lifelong low intermediate exerciser. Don't like complex cardio, weights, Pilates or yoga. I have what I need for those and feel like I am taking my medicine when I use them.

I like simple step. Gin Miller is a fave. I have all of her Reebok step, but none of the others. The Cramped Workout would be fun, but when it comes to downloading and burning stuff on my own, I would just as soon do without. If that is a talent of yours, that would be great. Don't have a cramped workout area, just looks fun.

I like the Michelle Dozois YBB. I have the Sculpt one (used others from the library). So any of the others would be fine. I have enjoyed YBB Circuit from the library.

I like Chris Freytag. I only have Prevention Walk Yourself Fit.

I would like to try Ellen Barrett. I don't have any of hers, only having done her on Exercise TV.

My father is putting a stationary barre up for me in my workout area to see if I like it. I have the Kathy Smith Total Bodylift, but that is the only thing I have with any barre, so anything in that area would be fun.

See, little to no help at all.

Love chocolate, caramel, anything with sugar. No food allergies here at all.

I have a ten y-o daughter who collects giraffes so as a family we are always on the lookout for giraffe stuff because it is not that easy to find.

Lots of allergies in the house as far as environment, no candles with scent, no body fragrances. I have psoriasis and use lots of prescription lotions.

I just like fun things. If it is cute and catches your attention or makes you giggle, I will probably love it.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 12:24 PM  
mj476

To my Secret Santa!

This is my 3rd year participating and it's been a blast. Here's some info about me in case you haven't scoured the boards yet:

I am an advanced exerciser. I love yoga and dance (from ballet to ballroom, etc.) (the more advanced, challenging, complex the better but no kundalini). Love barre workouts. DVDs can be new or used - it doesn't matter. Here's my wish list (or anything else you think I might like):

Sadie Nardini - Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga - Total Body Transformation and Weight loss
Janet Stone - Radiant Flow
Eoin Finn - Pursuit of Happy Hips
Power Yoga with Tracy Groshak
Oliver Reinsch - Feel Good Yoga - Core Power
Ilaria Montagnani - Bodystrikes
Ilaria Montagnani - Powerstrike 5
Patrick Goudeau - Hard Work Conditioning 24/7
CIA 2903 - Stepping Up with Seasun Zieger
Marc-Oliver Kluike - Dance Step 3 or Dance Aerobic 3
Tom Woll - House Dance Moves
Tony Sanchez Yoga Challenge 2, 3 or 4
10 Minute Solution Quick Sculpt Pilates with Ball

I have a Red Sable pomeranian and love anything to do with pomeranians. My sweet tooth craves milk or dark chocolate covering raisins or almonds.

I celebrate Christmas from a Christian perspective.

Other things I love:

Victorian or dancer Christmas ornaments
Flowery scents
Favorite color - purple
Crossword puzzles

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Marcy
Old 10-28-09, 01:31 PM  
counterclockwise

To my very sneaky vidiot friend in the North Pole:

Here are some DVDs I've been eyeing, and if you have anything used, that is fine by me! : )

Patrick Goudeau Quick Step
Squeeze Lower Body Challenge
KCM 30 MTF Kickboxing
KCM 30 MTF Bootcamp
Michael Carson Get Sexy
Lalofit 2
Firm Power Half Hour, Cardio to Go, or Dangerous Curves Ahead

Also like to lift heavy, love short interval cardio, and circuits (cardio/weights).

Other loves: Cafe Du Monde coffee, Larabars (peanut butter cookie and cashew cookie flavors).

Books I'd like: Any Harry Potter or Twilight book (used is great). I read them all a long time ago, but they were a friend's and I'd like my own copies. And don't make fun of me for Twilight! : )

A big mwahhhh (smooch) to you! Thank you!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 01:50 PM  
lindseylu8

Hi Secret Santa! Thank you in advance for participating. This is always so much fun.

Used dvds are just fine for me! Here are some that are on my wishlist

Firm Vol 2-Janet Jones Gretzky (Anna Benson has it on Ebay)
Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training (her new one)
Michael Carsons: Get Sexy Workout
Jessica Smith: 10 Min Sol Knockout Body kit (with or without gloves)
Denise Austin: 3 Week Bootcamp (release date 12-1)

Lets see, what else. We celebrate Christmas and I collect Hallmark ornaments. My home gym is hello kitty themed (yes really...). I like Bath & Body works Sweet Pea lotion. I would LOVE a favorite recipe of yours!!!! I like to cook so cookbooks (used or new) are always fun. I like to do crafts of all sorts....

TIA Santa! This will be fun as always.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 06:31 PM  
Janga

Is there a thread for participating in the Secret Santa thingie?
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 09:45 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janga View Post
Is there a thread for participating in the Secret Santa thingie?
The deadline for contacting ots (Anne) to join in was Oct. 24. Sorry! Maybe next year...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 04:24 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Hi Secret Santa!

Can you believe this is the "1st" time for me to do this? I can't wait to lavish my "giftee" (is that a word?) with gifts!! I have so many ideas----this will be fun!!

Here are a few things I'd enjoy getting, especially the 1st two (I've had lots of kinks lately and this would probably work them out well):

Jill Miller's Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls
Jill Miller's Yoga Tune Up Quick Fix RX dvd
Petra's Boot Camp Boogie (looks fun)
Jennifer Galardi's Ballet Body (also looks great)

I also love dark chocolate and I hear it's good for ya, !

Well, I'm kind of boring (HA) and have most all I need but I really wanted to participate this year so I can spoil my recipient.

Have fun everyone!!!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 06:44 AM  
Pippadog

Smile

Hi

To my secret santa. Firstly thank you for sending gifts internationally I'm in the UK and its very kind of you to particpate in international gifts.

I like anything and everything apart from Pilates. I'll appreciate anything you send be it a pencil or a used DVD its very much appreciated. I like dogs, working out and Maths ( I know strange mixture but I am slightly eccentric).

I would like anything but I have my eye on Lalofit 2 or Mindy Mylrea All Sytems Go. Or alternatively anything from the country my Santa is sending from. We can't take food unfortunately but anything cultural from wherever you are from sounds great. It would be wonderful to make a new friend. Alternatively a gift to your local dog pound would be nice and you could send me a photo of the facility.

Love
Laura
xx
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gift exchange, secret santa