Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-08, 04:12 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Is Margaret Richard's "All My Best" DVD a DVD-R?

I received this and her "Classics" DVDs yesterday. The back of "All My Best" is purple. The "Classics" DVDs look the normal silver. Even with the sale, that's a lot of money for a DVD-R. (I could make one of those myself for free!)

If you have this DVD, would you check yours for me?

Thanks!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 04:16 PM  
Pippa

I just received this one also. Mine is also purple-backed. I'm not too happy about a $30 DVD-R.
Old 12-23-08, 04:22 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Mine's silver-backed but I bought it during the last 30% off sale. I'd return a DVD-R that wasn't stated as such upon purchase (or ask them for a non-DVDR version). Sorry!
Old 12-23-08, 04:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S.
Mine's silver-backed but I bought it during the last 30% off sale. I'd return a DVD-R that wasn't stated as such upon purchase (or ask them for a non-DVDR version). Sorry!
Thanks for checking, Patti. I just called MR's customer service and nobody was there. I left a message on the machine. If it *is* DVD-R, I'll want a refund or a "real" DVD replacement. :rolleyes:

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 04:37 PM  
spotted zebra

Mine is silver at the back. I got it last year or the year before. I don't blame you. For those prices I wouldn't accept DVD-R either.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 04:42 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Mine is also silver backed and definitely agree with the others that Margaret's prices are too high for DVDR's
Old 12-23-08, 04:50 PM  
spotted zebra

I don't know what Margaret was thinking. Knowing this I'll just stick with the MR programs I already have. I'll hang onto my VHS copy of Getting Better and won't bother getting it on DVD-R. I appreciate the heads up.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 06:35 PM  
videofit

I haven't checked any of mine. I did get a bootleg from someone and that is a DVD-R. I haven't had a problem with it. Didn't someone post on here that the newer DVD-Rs are supposed to be improved?
Old 12-23-08, 06:52 PM  
sundari

All of mine are pressed DVD's. However I bought mine a while ago not during this latest 30% off sale.

If Margaret is going to be dealing with DVD-r's I won't be buying any others. I think she should have listed this on her website and been honest about it as Charlene and others have been. I agree it is way too expensive for a DVD-r and I wouldn't keep it.

ETA:
I've emailed to find out if their offerings in the future will now be in DVD-r format instead of the previous pressed DVD. I don't know if anyone will bother to answer my email though. I just feel that since her workouts are so expensive how can I justify buying a DVD-r that will disintegrate over time.
Old 12-23-08, 07:44 PM  
videofit

Why not post something at her forum? It's pretty quiet but start a new thread so someone will spot it after the New Year. She may be unaware of the difference and someone probably told her it was okay. I'd suggest that she replace any faulty DVD-Rs with new ones. As long as she has a record of selling it to you, that should be okay.

Slightly off topic, does this mean I shouldn't bother transferring my personal nonfitness VHS to DVD? I was going to pay a service to do it for me. I don't have that many but they are priceless to me in terms of memories.

Tags
all my best, dvd-r, margaret richard