Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-08, 10:04 PM  
spotted zebra

Margaret is offering free shipping this week until Sept. 2nd. You can also get Walk'n Out in Paris as a free download, which is an audio walking program.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 11:16 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra
Margaret is offering free shipping this week until Sept. 2nd. You can also get Walk'n Out in Paris as a free download.
Hmmm, anyone know how to actually get the download? It's like they want me to put it in my cart, but when I do they ask for my shipping method!

Edited to add...nevermind, you do have to put it in your cart and select a shipping method, but then they don't ask for yer credit card # and you can order it at no charge! Then you can download the file, so cool!!
Old 08-28-08, 11:26 PM  
spotted zebra

[delete]
Old 08-29-08, 07:37 PM  
spotted zebra

So to anyone who downloaded the Walk'n Out in Paris audio program, what did you think of it? Honestly.
Old 08-29-08, 09:36 PM  
Gardengirl

As I've been on a walking kick this summer, I downloaded it. (Plus I like Margaret.) Haven't listened to all of it . . . not sure how I feel. I think it will be hard to get past the dogs barking thing at the beginning - which I found annoying! Dogs barking in French? WTH? Guess I need to give it a better chance though.
Old 08-29-08, 09:51 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl
As I've been on a walking kick this summer, I downloaded it. (Plus I like Margaret.) Haven't listened to all of it . . . not sure how I feel. I think it will be hard to get past the dogs barking thing at the beginning - which I found annoying! Dogs barking in French? WTH? Guess I need to give it a better chance though.
I would say "dogs barking in French" is different than "Cardio Coach". Please do give more details once you give it another chance.
Old 08-30-08, 12:42 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
I listened to it once while doing other things around the house. And then I deleted it. I didn't care for most of it. I can appreciate Margaret trying to be lighthearted but her running monologue about health and fitness facts was so basic, you'd have to have been living in a cave your whole life to not have heard it before. Someone like Charlene Prickett does this sort of thing better. Charlene took the time to do research, coming up with fitness facts that were interesting and informative. Margaret's dialogue reminded me of Hal Johnson & Joanne McLeod's 60 second "Body Break" TV segments - light and superficial, but instead of one minute segments you have a much longer 45 minutes to endure. I'd sooner listen to music while walking (my music not Margaret's in this case). This may all sound harsh but I'd hate to think anyone new to Margaret would have this as their first exposure to her. They'd wonder what all the fuss was about. I know I would. And normally I really like Margaret.

ETA: There were one or two parts that were funny. Like when she quizzes you on when to know your running shoes need replacing.
Old 08-30-08, 09:27 AM  
Gardengirl

Margaret is pretty funny! I like the workout on one of the Unplugged where bugs are crawling around on her outdoor stage and she makes some pretty funny comments. But the walking dvd would be hard to listen to for 45 minutes let alone more than once. Heck, I couldn't get through 10 minutes! I don't think this one will be taking up space on my Zen!
Old 08-30-08, 11:46 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Margaret is pretty funny! I like the workout on one of the Unplugged where bugs are crawling around on her outdoor stage and she makes some pretty funny comments. But the walking dvd would be hard to listen to for 45 minutes let alone more than once. Heck, I couldn't get through 10 minutes! I don't think this one will be taking up space on my Zen!
Me neither, I'm having DH take it off my iPOD. Barking dogs is one thing, but oinking pigs is another matter entirely!
Old 08-30-08, 11:50 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S.
Me neither, I'm having DH take it off my iPOD. Barking dogs is one thing, but oinking pigs is another matter entirely!
I missed that part entirely! Pigs? I was going in and out of the room while it was playing. I don't think I could have sat still through the entire thing otherwise. I'm surprised Margaret hung onto this program.

Tags
beauty to the bone, margaret richard, thigh weights, triple threat