Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-08, 12:10 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I ended up returning TThreat and the Unplugged (they just weren't my style)...thank god for her 30 day return policy, 'cause those puppies are pricey!

I'm keeping all my best, sculpture and (probably) the Classics tho.
Old 08-27-08, 04:46 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

How does Margaret compare to Cathe for strength workouts? I used to do the Body Electric tv show AGES ago, but honestly can't remember what they were like.

I am becoming more and more tempted by her workouts. It sounds like they are just as challenging as any Cathe workout.

Thoughts? And which one(s) are Margaret's best?

Thanks!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 04:56 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Margaret's workouts are very different from Cathe's. What I like more about Margaret's workouts are: the music and the way Margaret uses the music; Margaret is a dancer, and she incorporates musicality and grace into all her movements. I also like the fact that I don't feel like I am killing myself when I do Margaret's workouts, even though she works you hard, and in some ways, harder than Cathe does. I also like the fact that Margaret doesn't overdo it with any body part.

Raising the Bar was a Body Bar workout, so maybe that company can tell you more about why it is not available, and maybe if enough people request it, they will put it out on DVD.

I like "All My Best," because it combines pieces of my favorite workouts, and allows you to mix and match body parts.

By the way, her last name is Richard (no "s" at the end).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 08:36 PM  
spotted zebra

When I got All My Best I was happy to discover there's a fair amount from Sculpture, esp. since I don't have Sculpture and was always tempted by it. And even just the one segment from Perfect 10 has me curious to hear more about that dvd too.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 08:39 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit
I forget which one it was, but the painted stage backdrop, along with the Spanish guitar soundtrack, reminded me of I Love Lucy -- I expected Ricky to step out, strumming a guitar!
I never know quite what to make of that painted backdrop, but your description is perfect. Lol. I'm sure I'll remember that the next time I do All My Best!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 11:49 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
Since you lived to tell the tale you will have to do her Sculpture Lower Body.

I agree this is a tough workout but very worth the effort. Thanks for sharing your pain
I did it! Gosh, my legs were kind of shaky and spindly all the following day!

Videofit, I love Beauty to the Bone...but no it's not for everybody.

I just know I'll have to scrounge up some $$$ for the newest one out on dvd...Perfect 10?????
Old 08-28-08, 11:57 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia
Dern it all, you guys are making me want Sculpture in the worst way! Does the lower body portion incoporate great floor work as well?
OMG yes.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 01:59 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp

Unless I got it confused with another workout, the Beauty to the Bone clips had MR explaining proper form and demonstrating each move with someone else, then she did the exercise. I can't stand a lot of talking in a workout -- I just wanna get on with it!

Now that I've tried all my new Maggies, I think I'll give Triple Threat another go before I decide what to do with it. I'm planning to break it down and do two upper body chapters and two lower body chapters, for one full body workout of 40 min. Previously, I did all the upper together, then the next day all the lower - 60 min. each.
Old 08-28-08, 04:57 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I thought about the biceps curls and then realized she does that with the pec flyes, too. Also the back (swan) exercise. But other than those three (pecs, biceps and back), Margaret doesn't, well, waste time having her young friend demonstrate the move (can't recall her name, but she is good).

I don't know why I like Beauty so much...maybe because it's one of the first Margaret's I have owned. As I do the others, I fall in love with each workout, the beautiful settings (even the indoor ones); what can I say...I'm a vidiot (you should see what I'm preparing to get rid of!)

Now I've started to sub in more back work while Margaret does endless push-ups: I'll do a fly and then a pull-over. The endless push-ups may be what I need, since I detest them so, but they do wear my arms out. (Beauty has flyes) I also do planks and then side planks with dips while she's crunching away. But she sure knows how to work the triceps, shoulders, and lower body!!!
Old 08-28-08, 05:34 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
I did it! Gosh, my legs were kind of shaky and spindly all the following day!

I just know I'll have to scrounge up some $$$ for the newest one out on dvd...Perfect 10?????
Lydia - you are so brave. Good for you!!! Don't forget you will need to save for the other offerings when they get put on DVD. I think the next one after Perfect 10 is Getting Better.

In Beauty To The Bone I just start doing the exercise while Margaret is instructing Tanya. I never felt that Margaret took that long anyway but everyone is different.

Tags
beauty to the bone, margaret richard, thigh weights, triple threat