Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-08, 11:08 PM  
spotted zebra

Terry, I've wondered why "Raising the Bar" is no longer available, too. I think it's the only Margaret Richard video that's OOP. Maybe someone here knows more about that.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 07:17 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia
Question about "Raising the Bar". . . I posted this over at Margaret's website and got an answer it's not available anymore, period...anyone know why? This one sounded like something I might want. I got the Classics, did Home Improvement today, and can't believe how tough the floor work was! I think I may be a new MR convert.
TerryMia - when I emailed Margaret about "Raising The Bar" a long time ago. I was simply told that this would not be made into DVD format and that it was not longer available. They gave no reason for it.

But some good news is:

I do remember Margaret mentioning that "Getting Better" would be coming after "Perfect 10". And "Perfect 10" will be released on or before September 15th.

So I'm thinking she will also be transferring "Muscle & Grace" and "Give Me Strength" onto DVD's. Just wishing that she will eventually put the remaining of her VHS tapes onto DVD's. And then of course have a big SALE. One can hope
Old 08-25-08, 07:34 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
...But some good news is:

I do remember Margaret mentioning that "Getting Better" would be coming after "Perfect 10". And "Perfect 10" will be released on or before September 15th.

So I'm thinking she will also be transferring "Muscle & Grace" and "Give Me Strength" onto DVD's. Just wishing that she will eventually put the remaining of her VHS tapes onto DVD's. And then of course have a big SALE. One can hope
That really is good news. I was hoping Getting Better wouldn't be last on her list and to hear it's next after I've waited so long is a relief. Margaret also has one other VHS, Knockout Workout set in a boxing ring. I'm not interested in that one but who knows, maybe she'll pair it with Getting Better. It would be an odd mix but stranger things have been known to happen.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 10:56 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
TerryMia - when I emailed Margaret about "Raising The Bar" a long time ago. I was simply told that this would not be made into DVD format and that it was not longer available. They gave no reason for it.

But some good news is:

Thanks for the info, Sundari Wonder why they give no reason? From what I've read about it, it sounds like it was a popular one. Oh well...at least the other ones will be going on DVD. I remember watching Body Electric way back when but never actually doing it...guess I was too busy with my Firms back then. But I've read she's the queen of floor work, and after doing Home Improvement and High Voltage (this morning) I believe it! Really good stuff there!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 12:11 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra
That really is good news. I was hoping Getting Better wouldn't be last on her list and to hear it's next after I've waited so long is an enormous relief. Margaret also has one other VHS, Knockout Workout set in a boxing ring. I'm not interested in that one but who knows, maybe she'll pair it with Getting Better. It would be an odd mix but stranger things have been known to happen.
Thanks Spotted_Zebra - for adding to the list of VHS workouts yet to be converted. I was hoping someone would chime in if I missed any.

TerryMia - I agree Margaret has some good floorwork. I also think she can be quite tough on the upper body with some of her older workouts. In any case she is a good choice to get a good strength workout gracefully.
Old 08-25-08, 03:07 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Okay, did Sculpture Upper Body last night...and was humbled! I was dropping poundage so often! And talk about the burn...ouch! I'm surprised I'm only tender in my pecs and back. Think I've gotten used to her style finally! This is one great workout...do I really want to face the lower body one?????

BTW, her ab work is a little tame, but she's always telling you to use those abs to support your back. Anyway, I did some planks and side planks and then joined her in the crunches and such. Whatever Margaret does, I'm willing to go along it seems
Old 08-25-08, 03:19 PM  
scrappindad
VF Supporter

Lydia, Sculpture Upper Body is one of my favorites!

Debbie
scrappindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 04:50 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
Okay, did Sculpture Upper Body last night...and was humbled! I was dropping poundage so often! And talk about the burn...ouch! I'm surprised I'm only tender in my pecs and back. Think I've gotten used to her style finally! This is one great workout...do I really want to face the lower body one?????

BTW, her ab work is a little tame, but she's always telling you to use those abs to support your back. Anyway, I did some planks and side planks and then joined her in the crunches and such. Whatever Margaret does, I'm willing to go along it seems
Since you lived to tell the tale you will have to do her Sculpture Lower Body.

I agree this is a tough workout but very worth the effort. Thanks for sharing your pain
Old 08-25-08, 05:18 PM  
TerryMia

Dern it all, you guys are making me want Sculpture in the worst way! Does the lower body portion incoporate great floor work as well?
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 11:45 AM  
videofit

I did Volume 2 of All My Best last night, so now I've done the whole DVD. I like the variety of backgrounds. It's also a great way to get a sense of several of her workouts that I don't have yet. For example, just from watching clips of Beauty to the Bone and Give Me Strength, I doubt I would ever buy those.

There was an ab chapter from Perfect 10, with two hunky guys as background exercisers. I'd like to know more about that particular workout.

Muscle and Grace Toning and Strong For Life look interesting, but it's hard to tell at this point. Do they appear in other compilation workouts?

Muscle and Grace Stretching -- wow! Maggie goes artsy-fartsy! Beautiful sunset, she is wearing an electric blue spandex unitard, with her hair slicked back off her face. She is almost unrecognizable. It was a very graceful, dancer's type stretch. What else did she do in that workout?

I forget which one it was, but the painted stage backdrop, along with the Spanish guitar soundtrack, reminded me of I Love Lucy -- I expected Ricky to step out, strumming a guitar!

Tags
beauty to the bone, margaret richard, thigh weights, triple threat