Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-07, 12:23 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Results with Leslie Sansone?

Hi everyone!

I recently ordered the new Leslie Walk Slim series and I am really enjoying them! I started pulling out my other favorite Leslie workouts such as 3 & 4 mile Express, and the 5 mile workout, WATP for Abs, and Walk and Jog. I really feel like I am getting a good low impact workout when I use these. I still love step, and my Charlene hi/low workouts, but you really cant beat Leslie for simple basic walking fun! I was wondering if there is anyone who uses Leslie for most of their cardio? What kind of results ? I do prefer to do her more advanced workouts such as 3-miles and up, but I will do a 2-mile if I am short on time, or adding on a cardio workout on strength day. This might be a subject that has been discussed before, if so forgive me! I am just really enjoying Leslie right now! Would love to hear feedback!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 01:10 PM  
adrien_73

Sorry I cannot answer your question because I am new to Leslie. Just wanted to chime in to say how much I am enjoying her workouts!

The Walk Slim series (and some overuse injuries) turned me onto her. I preordered her 5 mile from Deep Discount (scheduled release is 7/3 I think), and got her 4 mile express & walk & jog off the swap. I would like to try some more of her workouts because I think I need to back off of the intensity & impact for a while. I find Leslie's workouts are easy to modify and are perfect for the mornings when I am working out at 4:45 am. My body is just not coordinated that early! I still love my cardio coaches, spinervals & Imaxes...but I am really loving my Leslies, too!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 01:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

every collection needs a leslie in it.

you might also like WATP Abs series - good music, good rapport, good quality.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 02:35 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Yes, I do like the WATP Ab series also. Another thing Leslie workouts are good for is travel. They are perfect for hotel rooms!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 07:14 PM  
Peachy720

As far as results go, I credit Leslie with a big part of my weight-loss. I've lost 23 pounds since April 5th (although haven't been exercising or eating clean the last week--darn business trip! ).

I've mainly stuck with her 4 Fast Miles (Walk Slim), with occasional use of Walk & Jog, 1-Mile Jog, Walk & Kick.

[I've also thrown in Tamilee Webb's Tighter Assets Cardio Blast, Jillian Michaels' Beginners Workout and Jari Love's Get Ripped, but Leslie is my primary workout)

Because of Leslie's WS, I bought an iPod and am seriously thinking of adding running into the mix. Who woulda thunk it...me, a completely sedentry recent ex-smoker? Thanks, Leslie, and thanks VF!!
Old 06-27-07, 07:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachy720
I've lost 23 pounds since April 5th
peachy - congrats! what is your rotation? pray tell.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 08:04 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I got my mom a Leslie for Christmas. She's a tough one for whom to buy videos--she's 62, very out of shape and has a host of injuries, including a recent leg break that involved surgery. She has osteoporosis, bursitis in her shoulder, some arthritis, heel spurs and on top of all that, she's a perfectionist! Historically, if she couldn't do a workout all the way through, she refused to modify, thinking she was 'cheating.'

So Leslie turned out to be perfect! I found one that was only 20-30 min. that Mom could do after her demanding job, and she didn't have any excuses because it was only walking--no complicated moves.

Mom loves it, so I got her another one for her birthday. I don't have any Leslies in my collection, but I'll always be grateful to her for making vids that my mom can do!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 12:38 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie

So Leslie turned out to be perfect! I found one that was only 20-30 min. that Mom could do after her demanding job, and she didn't have any excuses because it was only walking--no complicated moves.

Mom loves it, so I got her another one for her birthday. I don't have any Leslies in my collection, but I'll always be grateful to her for making vids that my mom can do!
Which ones did you get her? Maybe I'll get them for my Mom.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 01:04 AM  
mariel

i love leslies, and i get a lot of use out of the ones i have! wish i could get them all! Hahaha.
Seriously though, when I get off track, Leslie can get me back on. the workouts are so simple, i can always talk myself into it if i'm feeling lazy. i follow the rotation in her walk away the pounds book; when i first did that rotation, i think i lost seven pounds. not bad at all. (im back on that rotation in fact. )
mariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 01:05 AM  
archiesgirl

I've had good results from doing mostly Leslies. They've been a staple in my workout routine since I got pregnant (I'm 23 weeks as of today). I notice they seem to help keep me from gaining too much weight during my pregnancy.
I also used them a lot before getting pregnant, and they're defnitely great, low impact workouts (I have tweaky knees). I have the 5 mile dvd, the WAP for Abs set, the WAP original set, her deluxe dvd with the older 2 mile walk and the 4 mile wak for weightloss, and her Christian dvd.
archiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie success, walk-n-tone