Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-07, 08:55 AM  
fitness4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueZQ
Usually long workouts have me looking at the time after about 45 minutes but I did the whole thing and didn't think about the time once. Normally I'm not one for self-help gurus, but for some reason none of the affirmative talk bothered me. It made me giggle a couple of times, especially when it was so obvious what he was going to say that I said the second half of a statement with him (never having heard him say it before).
You know there is something appealing about Eric, because I'm not into the self-help gurus either, but he doesn't bother me either for some reason. I did live all the way through and found myself smiling from ear to ear when I finished. Don't know what that's about, but his affirmative talk apparently is good for me.

Life is short, buy the shoes. Yeah, workout shoes count too!

P90x Grad 4/21/07....better late than never!!!!!
fitness4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 04:50 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4me
I did live all the way through and found myself smiling from ear to ear when I finished.
It's funny that you mentioned this because when I was previewing Live In Hollywood, my eight year old daughter noticed that the participants were smiling. Then she said that she's seen me do that when I do Turbo Jam. The next day (which was last Sunday), I did Eric's ab workout and I noticed that I was smiling while free form dancing and I normally avoid most ab workouts. I know that I don't smile while I'm running on the treadmill or lifting heavy, etc. Sometimes, it just feels good to enjoy your workouts.

Helen
Old 05-16-07, 05:09 PM  
Tish

I just did the complete ab workout. Whew, it was great. The more I do the set the more I like it. I have absolutely no regrets in getting it. Earlier I mentioned that I sort of wished I hadn't bought it but now I'm so glad I did. I think the neg. reviews really had me questioning my decision. This is a fun, fun set.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 05:58 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

You guys are killing me.... I can't wait to try it out.

I ordered on May 10 - I wonder how long I have to wait?

Sassy

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 06:21 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

My first impression was negative, and now I am very happy I kept it. I LOVE the Calm Down Dog practice, and I like the Audio one as well. My first exposure was Live in Hollywood, and I was turned off by two things and think I didn't give the workout a chance. He kissed a class participant when he walked in, and I immediately turned off, thinking he saw himself as some LOVE GURU or something, LOL, well, turns out it is his WIFE!! All of a sudden the gesture was sweet, LOL. And the necklace---eeeeewwwww. But when I have the chance, now that I find I like these others, I will definitely give LIH another chance.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 08:42 PM  
Bliss6789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
I know that I don't smile while I'm running on the treadmill or lifting heavy, etc. Sometimes, it just feels good to enjoy your workouts.

Helen
I couldn't agree more! Not every workout has to be drudgery.

I've only previewed the workouts, but they look good to me. I plan on trying them in a few days.

Old 05-17-07, 06:23 AM  
joyzersize

Not only are the workouts fun to me, but everyone at Xflowsion is so very nice. I had a question for Lisa, Eric's wife, and she wrote me back with the sweetest email. I wanted to know her exercise routine and she was kind enough to share it with me. They are truly good people.

Wanda
joyzersize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 07:02 AM  
lorajc

Wanda - care to share what she told you? I'd like to know also, as she looks AMAZING!! and I wondered the same thing you asked her.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 07:25 AM  
joyzersize

Lisa's ripped back

Lorajc,
I asked Lisa what did she do to get that beautiful ripped back. Lisa replied that she has practiced yoga for 20 years and it is a way of life. She practices some type of Xflowsion or similar practice 4-6 days a week at least an hour. She runs, but only a couple a days and only about 2-4 miles. She believes the combination of workouts and the triple training in Xflowsion is the key. Consistency, keeping the body, mind, and spirit clear of negativity helps her to stay focus on the what is important.
Lisa mentioned the "D" word but her plan is in the Xflowsion kit.

(I paraphrased as I didn't ask permission to directly quote her.)

If you email customer service with comments about the workouts at Xflowsion, mail is passed on to Eric.

Wanda
joyzersize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 07:35 AM  
poohpeggy

I agree how nice the company is. I got a email yesterday asking how "Honey Bunny Sugar Lips" was doing. I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately "HBSL" has taken a step back but we are hanging in there. Peggy
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
standing yoga, xflowsion