Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-07, 08:26 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Did any Michiganders see the article about Eric and Xflowsion in the Sunday paper.

I think Eric is awesome. Warm, kind, sincere. He really does impress me. I look forward to having the opportunity to meet him and take his class live!
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:30 PM  
CarlaVeg

I just finished listening the CD Dreams Realized and it was very nice and moving!!! What he says is so true....
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:51 PM  
kimmi36

I'm in Michigan. Where abouts are his classes?
kimmi36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:55 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmi36
I'm in Michigan. Where abouts are his classes?
He has three studios but I believe he teaches in West Bloomfield. I know that he splits his time between WB and Los Angeles so I don't know when he is in Michigan. I'll bet if you call the West Bloomfield Yoga Shelter studio they will know.

www.yogashelter.com
Old 05-14-07, 09:12 PM  
Deb R
VF Supporter

I'm so glad you LURVED these DVDs, Carlaveg!!!! I too remember feeling nervous before I got my DVDs cuz of the initial impressions posted. I rec'd them Friday late afternoon and was going to save them to preview on Saturday when I had more 'awake' time but I was too nervous to wait and had to see for myself what they were like and after watching a couple of the shorter ones late Friday night I felt relieved knowing that I truly liked them! Yep..you are right in that these are workouts that you'll either love them or hate them. I think there has been alot of details in reviews written by everyone in both threads with our likes and dislikes that it will help the rest of the VFrs still on the fence make a better decision depending on their own personal preferences!

This afternoon I tried out the Live workout and really enjoyed it!! The music was awesome and very loud as I have surround sound and could play the music at 5.1. Hubby was gone so I cranked up the volume.The free form dancing to the yoga poses and just the dancing segments were great! I need to loosen up more as I'm such a stiff old fogey these days so these are really helping me to do just that :-) It's music I can dance too since it reminds me of my younger days when I used to dance at the bars...doing my own thing. I did NOT like Yoga Trance Dance, nor do I like any of the YBB Lives and those had free form dancing at times but with Eric's enthusiasm, the music and the background setting just really helped me relax and enjoy. I really like Eric alot! He seems very sincere and a caring person. He reminds me of Byran Kest so much in the Calm Down Dog with the way he talks! Next I want to try out the premixes in the Live workout!

Deb
Deb R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-07, 07:57 AM  
Dawn
VF Supporter

I received my Xflowsion series on Saturday and I love every single workout. I'm actually craving these workouts and nothing else! I started reading a few of the negative posts about this series and then decided to stop reading them until I actually previewed/tried the workouts for myself and I'm so glad I did. This series is exactly what I was hoping Budokon would be. The music is so motivating and I'm not at all bothered by Eric's necklace or shirtless body. There are a few times when he sounds just like Bryan Kest but I love Bryan so that doesn't bother me either. The production is excellent and I like the fact that his wife is in the videos, she is very motivating to watch. My first workout was on Sunday and my third workout today and I've been sore in my lower body every day since starting.

Lorajc, I'm in Ohio too so maybe we can take a road trip to Michigan and take his class.

Dawn
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-07, 08:10 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
I received my Xflowsion series on Saturday and I love every single workout. I'm actually craving these workouts and nothing else! I started reading a few of the negative posts about this series and then decided to stop reading them until I actually previewed/tried the workouts for myself and I'm so glad I did. This series is exactly what I was hoping Budokon would be. The music is so motivating and I'm not at all bothered by Eric's necklace or shirtless body. There are a few times when he sounds just like Bryan Kest but I love Bryan so that doesn't bother me either. The production is excellent and I like the fact that his wife is in the videos, she is very motivating to watch. My first workout was on Sunday and my third workout today and I've been sore in my lower body every day since starting.

Lorajc, I'm in Ohio too so maybe we can take a road trip to Michigan and take his class.

Dawn
Let me know if you plan to come down Dawn. I'd love to meet you both. I think he teaches Xflowsion on Sunday morning IIRC. We would have to check when he plans to be in town.
Old 05-15-07, 10:37 AM  
Dawn
VF Supporter

I would love to get together Hedy. I received an email stating the studio in West Bloomfield would be the closest one so I'm going to do some searching on mapquest and see how far of a drive it is. Which one are you closest too?

Dawn
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-07, 10:42 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

West Bloomfield. That is the one Eric teaches at when he is in town (I am pretty sure).

If you click on schedule it shows Xflowsion on Tuesday and Sunday. Don't forget, someone posted about an Xflowsion class (which was not free) on June 2nd I think it was for a couple of hours. That might be fun as well.
Old 05-15-07, 01:03 PM  
SueZQ

I just finished Live in Hollywood and I really liked it. I was worried too when I read so many negative reviews on the other thread, but this is exactly what I needed. I just feel relaxed, sweaty and really really limber.

Usually long workouts have me looking at the time after about 45 minutes but I did the whole thing and didn't think about the time once. Normally I'm not one for self-help gurus, but for some reason none of the affirmative talk bothered me. It made me giggle a couple of times, especially when it was so obvious what he was going to say that I said the second half of a statement with him (never having heard him say it before).

The workout itself though is just fun and energizing. I will say that I'm glad I've done yoga and kickbox videos where the instructors are picky about form. It's better to know the rules before you break them, so to speak.

Tomorrow I'm going to check out the workouts on the other disc.
SueZQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
standing yoga, xflowsion