Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-07, 05:52 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S.
I like them, too. The whole package has a "hippie" feel to it. He is very much like Bryan Kest, which is a good thing, IMO. I also loved the music . . . it goes really well with the workouts. I liked Eric's song, too.
Your post gave me a little chuckle

When I first looked over the info on the Xflowsion site, I thought hmmm.... Jim Jones at Woodstock. I was kinda creeped out and didn't think I would click with the workouts. It is nice to hear that the "feel" of these workouts had a [twisted] similar but more positive effect on someone else.

I'm happy that you are enjoying your purchase ,

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 06:37 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Did a couple minute preview this morning, and I really think I'm going to like this set.

First, I know there's been talk about his necklace, but if his necklace is a genuine squash blossom, then he's got a lot of money around his neck! Squash blossom necklaces usually hold some real sentimental value, so this would be my guess as to why he wears it all the time.

Anyone who once was controlled by an addiction and has overcome their addiction, and is now willing to reach out to other people is a winner in my book. I will ALWAYS support this person. For anyone who didn't know Eric had an addiction, listen to his bio.

I LOVE the music. It's nice and load, and I really love the live drums. This is about the extent of what I viewed this morning, but I have a strong feeling that I'm going be very happy with this purchase.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 06:40 PM  
TracyQ

Debbie S.
Quote:
I haven't opened my box yet, mainly because of the other thread, but I'm hoping that I will be posting my thoughts on this thread. Thinking positive here.
I'm still on the fence. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. You and I seem to have similar tastes in workouts.

Annie S.
Quote:
I like them, too. The whole package has a "hippie" feel to it
I'm a hippie at heart so this is good.

Tracy
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 06:44 PM  
TracyQ

Debbie--We posted at the same time.

I'm starting to cave.

Thanks
Tracy
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:13 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I haven't had a chance to check out all the DVDs but I guess I'm in the minority here because I liked Eric a lot, wasn't bothered by his neck wear and think that Live in Hollywood looks great.

I have been so busy lately but I really hope I can get to try some of these this week. Maybe that fact that I'm not a yogi allows me to look past some of his imperfections as a practioner.

I find Eric very warm and I can hardly wait to meet him in person at his studio.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:26 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S.
Anyone who once was controlled by an addiction and has overcome their addiction, and is now willing to reach out to other people is a winner in my book. I will ALWAYS support this person. For anyone who didn't know Eric had an addiction, listen to his bio.
Well....didn't want to mention this in my post above .......and part of the real meaning behind my statement of "stuff we need to hear but don't want to hear".....statement above was due to the fact that I myself am a recovering addict. I have been clean for 19 years and my husband is also recovering. I actually met him at an NA meeting. Isn't that a story to tell when someone asks how you met??

Anyway, I was first drawn to these because of Eric's Bio, as I was also a rebellious youth and after my father died when I was 17, my life turned into a horrid path of addiction for many years and I was near death before I got clean.......and I can relate to the "Chasing the Demons away" talk that Eric mentions. Thus the reason I'm into self-help books and self-help talk so much (as well as Fitness), as I work a 12-step program in my continuous life long recovery and try to improve myself as a person on a daily basis, examine my shortcomings, etc........blah.......blah....blah... and the fitness aspect does wonders for the depression that usually accompanies the disease of addiction.

In an email, Eric actually told me that many recovering addicts are drawn to his classes after reading his Bio and he welcomed me to free class anytime I'm in Michigan, as I live in Ohio. He seems like a "good person". Hate to sound corny here and I hope I didn't just give too much information about myself.......or break any VF rules. If so, I'm sorry.....not my intention.
Also - hope I don't kick myself for being so open after I post this.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:33 PM  
nairie

lorajc,

dont feel bad about opening up about ur past. although i'm not an addict,i know many who are and i have an addicitive personality so if given a chance, i could see myself going down a path of destruction as well

Good for u for being open, it's another way to help yourself and others, i was very touched by ur post. be very proud of all that u and ur husband have accomplished and forget about anyone that takes it personally or is offended by that, that's ridiculous

Ive read at VF and at Cathe that u also like Barry's bootcamp, correct? isnt he too a recovering addict? i really like Barry and want to take his class in LA since i live here. havent tried Xflo yet though, thinking of ordering
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:35 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc
Well....didn't want to mention this in my post above .......and part of the real meaning behind my statement of "stuff we need to hear but don't want to hear".....statement above was due to the fact that I myself am a recovering addict. I have been clean for 19 years and my husband is also recovering. I actually met him at an NA meeting. Isn't that a story to tell when someone asks how you met??

Anyway, I was first drawn to these because of Eric's Bio, as I was also a rebellious youth and after my father died when I was 17, my life turned into a horrid path of addiction for many years and I was near death before I got clean.......and I can relate to the "Chasing the Demons away" talk that Eric mentions. Thus the reason I'm into self-help books and self-help talk so much (as well as Fitness), as I work a 12-step program in my continuous life long recovery and try to improve myself as a person on a daily basis, examine my shortcomings, etc........blah.......blah....blah... and the fitness aspect does wonders for the depression that usually accompanies the disease of addiction.

In an email, Eric actually told me that many recovering addicts are drawn to his classes after reading his Bio and he welcomed me to free class anytime I'm in Michigan, as I live in Ohio. He seems like a "good person". Hate to sound corny here and I hope I didn't just give too much information about myself.......or break any VF rules. If so, I'm sorry.....not my intention.
Also - hope I don't kick myself for being so open after I post this.
I'm glad you are working on your problems and have over come them!!!! It's very inspirational!!!!! Good for you
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:44 PM  
CarlaVeg

I Just Did the Workouts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girsl,

I did the body blast, calming dog, and the abs.... and I loved them all!!!!! wHAT A NICE CHANGE..... I really like Eric and his style... many times I thought Bryan Kest was talking LOL!!!! I love Bryan.... I really really like Eric's style.... it's amazing how we can all be different.... I got these DVDs from someone who didn't like them and here I am loving them.... I wouldn't say they are THE BEST EVER, but they are definitely pretty awesome!!! I found the body blast kind of easy though... it's good for light days.... calming dog was great... I really liked the sequence... and the abs was really good too....

I previewed the live one and it looks great.... I'm doing that one tomorrow.... I wasn't bothered by the oily bodies (didn't even noticed it that much), the necklace, or the change in voice.... I think Eric was funny... it's definitely a fresh change, something totally different from all I have.... I guess this is one of of those types of workouts that you either love them or hate them.... I really really enjoyed it! The music is great and the production is very very good...

I was pleasantly surprised by these workouts!
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:51 PM  
tkoran

I'm glad to hear you like them CarlaVeg!
tkoran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
standing yoga, xflowsion