Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-07, 08:35 PM  
CarlaVeg

Did someone LIKE Xflowsion?

I'm curious to know... because most people have given Xflowsion bad reviews... I wonder if there are some people out there who really liked it?????
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 08:37 PM  
momofcha

well, I just finished Calm Down Dog and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm a yoga avoider, so the fact that these were pretty different helped probably.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 10:05 PM  
Gymmie

I've only done a mini-preview and they look like something I'll like. My racing got postponed until tomorrow again...another rain delay, but I was going to try to check a few out tomorrow. But if I get up early enough I'll try it. From what I saw, several things that bother others (necklace, oiled bodies) doesn't bother me. The talk most likely won't bother me either, I haven't heard all of it, but I'm not bothered by most chatter.
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 11:09 PM  
Tish

On preview I was ready to send back or sell immediately, but I decided to give it a try. I did the Body Blast workout and really enjoyed it! Purists won't like it but I found value in it. There were some tough moves thrown in(push up series, crow yoga pose, boat w/ side twist for abs) and I actually have DOMS in my inner thighs from going low in the fast prayer side lunges. I thought the kicks were fun. The punches were slow but funky with the music and there are parts where moving to the music just feels good and natural. His constant chatter didn't annoy me while doing the workout and I was too busy to notice oil & jewelry, although those things did bother me on preview. I had done an Amped workout first so I was feeling some fatigue already but this got me sweating and after I felt relaxed and loose.

I haven't tried the live one yet because all the hippy dancing in the preview was a turn off for me. The others are perfect for add-ons and that's how I intended to use them when I ordered.

I think people really had their expectations high for this set and it has fallen short. We had to wait a long time for the release and then for shipping. They stated it was better than anything on the market. We were looking for something amazing. They shouldn't have made such claims. They should have said, "Here's a funky new set to have fun with. Give it a try and see if you like it." My first reaction wasn't positive but I moved past it and found things I can enjoy.

Do I wish I hadn't ordered? Sort of. It's expensive for the 3 short add-ons I'll use. I don't care about the nutrition guide or the audios. I might have to get over my fear of free form dancing and give the Live a try. But the key is I will use it.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 11:15 PM  
gimmat
VF Supporter

I still can't try these (tetanus shots hurt!), but I liked the preview. Everyone looks good, like they are really into it. The chatter is not something that I will notice much, and the music is great!
gimmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 11:22 PM  
CarlaVeg

Well I just got the set from someone else and I hope I'll like it.... I'll should have it in a few days. I like Bryan Kest yoga, Turbo Jam, Soul Sweat, free dancing... so I should like these.... Oily bodies don't bother me... I actually find it cool.... I love to see beautiful people on the DVDs.... it's inspirational to me... anyways I keep my fingers crossed.... by reading all the good and bad reviews it looks like something I will like... will see.... hopefully more people will reply to this thread!
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 05:40 AM  
Dabbadooey

They sure hit the swap fast!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 09:04 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg
Well I just got the set from someone else and I hope I'll like it.... I'll should have it in a few days. I like Bryan Kest yoga, Turbo Jam, Soul Sweat, free dancing... so I should like these.... Oily bodies don't bother me... I actually find it cool.... I love to see beautiful people on the DVDs.... it's inspirational to me... anyways I keep my fingers crossed.... by reading all the good and bad reviews it looks like something I will like... will see.... hopefully more people will reply to this thread!
Let us know what you think. I am still on the fence about this. Sounds like they are OK but just couldn't live up to the hype. If they hadn't raised expectations so high maybe more people would like them better. Also wonder just how many other instructors workouts they actually are familiar with since they do not seem as tough as many others out there.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 09:09 AM  
spstout

I like them, worked up a nice sweat, and felt good after I finished. I don't have a problem with the jewelry or the oil, but I have never minded that kind of stuff (I have all the old FIRMs and never have a problem with the clothes or the voices). I found Eric to be likeable. I do agree that there are some form problems, but if you are already familiar with good form, then that isn't an issue. This is not "serious" yoga, so if you are looking for a yoga practice that is true to the foundations of yoga, this isn't it. If you are looking for something fun that incorporates some yoga type moves, then this fits the bill. I will be keeping mine!
spstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 09:40 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I liked them on preview. The biggest problem is form but most VFers have enough workouts that they can get form pointers elsewhere. I also don't see these workouts for people who want a more serious or tougher yoga practice. I did Body Blast last night and it actually looked tougher on preview. However, I wouldn't classify this workout for beginners because of the push-up sequence and the crow. I liked it because time just flew by. I like the warrior 2/prayer squat sequence because I really need to stretch my inner thighs. My middle splits are pathetic. I can't even call them middle splits because I'm so high off the ground. I normally like to punch with a lot of power but instead I was just grooving along with the music and shaking my hips while punching (something that I would never do at my dojang). That's how they do them in both BB and LH. So the emphasis is on fun for these workouts.

Calm Down Dog seems like a nice relaxing yoga stretch on preview. I'm going to try this one and the abs workout today. I wrote more comments (both positive and negative) in the longer XFlowsion thread.

Helen

Tags
standing yoga, xflowsion