Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-21, 01:07 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

The criteria I'm using for getting rid of workouts:
  1. Is it too fast or too hard for me? I've learned by these past few months of staying home that I enjoy & get the most out of workouts if the movements are controlled. Workouts that don't meet that criteria are ones like FIRM Express. I have fun with the moves, but I don't think I'm really getting anything out of it as the moves are too fast and the choreography changes too often. Likewise, there may be some Cathe I get rid of. I am okay with the fact that some of her workouts are always going to be harder than what I'll ever be able to do.
  2. I'm going thru older yoga DVDs and some are horrible! My criteria is that if I can design a sequence better than the one on the DVD, it's going out.
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 02:01 PM  
star117

Dancing queen- that sounds like a great system

I've realized I only like certain types of workouts and only about 5 instructors, so I've started purging and only getting workouts to complete a collection.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 08:27 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

It has occurred to me that if I whittled my cardio collection down to say, 25-30 of my favourite step workouts, I would spend far less time deciding on a workout. Honestly, some days it feels like I take 10 minutes to decide.

For the past few years (except for this year), each January 1st, I would pull all my DVDs out of my cabinet and set them on the floor. I would put them back only after I had used each one. I told myself I would get rid of any I hadn't put back by Dec 31st. The problem was, I tended to select workouts based on what was sitting in front of me on the floor. By the late fall, as the pile dwindled, I felt obligated to pick an unused one, even if I didn't particularly like it. So the plan sort of backfired. Although at least I used each workout once a year.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 08:34 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Here is another reason why I can't dwindle my dvd collection: this morning, and out of the blue I had this urge to do a Turbo Jam workout. I love TJ but I haven't done any of them in at least 5-6 years - possibly more. Today, I pulled out TJ Cardio Party Mix 2 and I absolutely loved it! Loved the music, energy, Chalene and the crew. I'm sooooo glad I kept these!
Old 01-16-21, 10:00 AM  
Carol K

I have my 106 FIRM DVDs and I still do all of them, so no, not getting rid of any.

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, dvd collection, dvd inventory, large collection, minimizing, purging, purging dvds, sellers remorse