Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-20, 08:28 AM  
bethellen

Another Classical Stretch Question

I borrowed season 12 from the library when I hurt my back and used the back pain relief episode for several days and did no other workouts. I did like the episode I used and the ones I previewed but have a question for those who use them regularly.

How do you use the classical stretch workouts?

Do you use just classical stretch workouts? Do you combine them with other workouts?

Thanks,
Beth
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 08:33 AM  
Demeris

So I do 3-4 classical stretch workouts a week, but I also do T-Tapp, Pilates, barre (in which I include Callanetics) and an occasional weighted workout, in addition to rebounding several times a week, usually after a CS episode.

Two weeks ago I added in Oxycise twice a week (they're only 20 mins, so I use them as add-ons) to see if it would increase my lung capacity.

Oh, and while I don't really count these as workouts, I do either a Katy Bowman or a Jill Miller video two or three times a week. These are more along the lines of rehab and prehab, for me.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 09:28 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Some people it's all they do, some people mix them in with other workouts.

I enjoy doing other workouts but mostly along the same theme of barre or lights weights/fusion types of workouts.

I teach a lot of classes right now. Every day. I really enjoy the method and it's been so beneficial in helping me with my ongoing pain and autoimmune issues.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 09:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

It depends on the content in the workout, what else I'm doing and my energy level.

Sometimes they are the only formal workout I do. Especially on days I do lots of yardwork, am traveling, or on days I need an active recovery. Love the full body episodes or back pain relief episodes on those days.

The season episodes pair really well with pilates, or any cardio or strength day.

They can be your warmup or cooldown for workouts that are lacking that. You don't have to do the entire episode either.

You can work your lower body while you use something else to work your upper body ( or vice versa.) Or pick the same focus on the strength day that it matches.

How will I use them? Let me count the ways!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 10:34 AM  
BunnyHop

They are my default warmup.

Whatever other people call warming up just isn't enough for me, the process is a lot slower than it used to be.

Choosing a CS episode is a low effort way to warm up safely.

Some episodes are better for this than others, but none of them fail to achieve that objective, so I've never kept a list of my favorites.
Old 11-24-20, 09:25 PM  
anetta

I do CS every day as soon as I get up and usually part of one every night before bed.

I walk or ride my bike also.

If you can I would suggest trying the streaming for the 14 days and the Facebook 10 minute workouts on Facebook on Monday and Wednesday.

We have some excellent CS teachers on VF.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 09:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I teach Essentrics once or twice a week and do a CS episode or Essentrics workout two or three times a week as well. I also do a lot of yoga, hiking, rebounding, & strength workouts. Essentrics is more of a stretchy mobility recovery workout for me, a compliment to strength & cardio.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 08:08 AM  
DCW

5x a week is my Essentrics norm plus I walk daily. I add pushups. Prior to Covid I took a class (2x) at my local rec center. Class was a mix of HITT, aerobics, weights, circuits, etc.

Since my rec center isn't opening, I may join a virtual exercise class recommended by a friend.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics