Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-20, 12:26 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Well, shoot, that's the same Live coupon that's been available the entire time! I was hoping for more coupon variety. Oh well, I might delay rejoining Live until I'm done with my STS rotation.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 12:42 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Well, shoot, that's the same Live coupon that's been available the entire time! I was hoping for more coupon variety.
Me too.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 01:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Well, shoot, that's the same Live coupon that's been available the entire time! I was hoping for more coupon variety. Oh well, I might delay rejoining Live until I'm done with my STS rotation.
I was surprised it was the same deal, too.

...if you'd been jonesing for some downloads or the STS set, they are a great price.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 04:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

...if you'd been jonesing for some downloads or the STS set, they are a great price.
I just looked at her download sets and they are a great price. I’ve always been intimidated by Cathe, have only done a couple of her basic step workouts. Does she have anything that would work for someone like me.....low impact, not too long, and I don’t lift heavy. I’m a big Jessica Smith fan and have always felt Cathe was out of my league so to speak....and maybe she is, lol.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 03:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Pam,

The Lite series is marketed as Intermediate and it might fill the bill for you. It doesn't use heavy weights. Of course the term "heavy" is always relative but IIRC she uses a lot of 5 or 8 pounders. There are plenty of Time Saver premixes to shorten the workouts, but they are under an hour as is. Maybe check out some clips or someone here may chime in!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 03:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Pam,

The Lite series is marketed as Intermediate and it might fill the bill for you. It doesn't use heavy weights. Of course the term "heavy" is always relative but IIRC she uses a lot of 5 or 8 pounders. There are plenty of Time Saver premixes to shorten the workouts, but they are under an hour as is. Maybe check out some clips or someone here may chime in!
Thank you!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 04:58 PM  
manleym

I'll chime in! I was going to suggest ICE as well, but you might also look at LITE. It's low impact and I think easier than ICE. LITE has Cardio Party and Body Weight and Bands, which I think would be a good intro to Cathe, and Metabolic Blast uses 3, 5, & 8 lb dumbbells. Individual workouts to consider in case they're Daily Deals are High Step Circuit, Total Muscle Sculpting, and Total Cardio Step which has Basic Step, Low Impact Step, and Body Fusion. Not sure if they're available since they're older workouts.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 08:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I just looked at her download sets and they are a great price. I’ve always been intimidated by Cathe, have only done a couple of her basic step workouts. Does she have anything that would work for someone like me.....low impact, not too long, and I don’t lift heavy. I’m a big Jessica Smith fan and have always felt Cathe was out of my league so to speak....and maybe she is, lol.
Don't be intimidated by Cathe! I'm sure you know enough to lower any impact or decrease weight as necessary as well.

I feel like LITE is very comparable to Jessica's strength as far as difficulty level. LITE also has tons of premixes.

You should go on Cathe's website and look at the clips and see what you think.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 08:29 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I bought some of her recent downloads. I purchased mainly low impact / metabolic workouts. I did one last night and loved it ! I liked it better than Perfect 30 . ( don’t hate me!) . I’m excited to try the rest .

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 10:30 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Another one who recommends the Lite and the ICE series. I am a Cathe fan but primarily just stick with her more intermediate offerings. I do have a few of her harder ones but just use weights that are suitable for me.

I also like her High Step Circuit and the Basic Step/Body Fusion DVD. I think High Step Circuit might be out of print, but should be available used on Amazon and I see a few people have it up for trade.

She is a really good instructor, her harder videos are out of my league but she now has plenty of offerings for those of us who are more intermediate level. I used her a lot 15 or so years ago but burned out and took a few years break from her workouts and returned just as she was releasing ICE and Lite.

And yes, there are lots of premixes to shorten the workouts, mix them up, etc.

Hope this helps.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe