Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-20, 11:04 AM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I might be in the minority here, but I still get up and get dressed as usual. I'm trying to stick to a routine for some sense of normalcy, which includes dressing in my normal (yet casual) clothing and putting on makeup. I really only go out to walk my dogs and for trips to the grocery store, vet, shops, etc. so it doesn't matter what I wear, but I like to differentiate between "out in public" clothing vs. "relaxing at home" clothing.
You are not alone. I tried wearing workout clothes all day when everyone was asked to stay home in March, but I was miserable and on the verge of depression. I've learned that wearing "real" clothes and trying to stick to a routine is much better for my mental health.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 12:42 PM  
bubbles76

Pajamas ::. I've been working from home since March, and this has been fantastic. I work for the federal Government, so I am dressed professionally when I am in the office (blazers, suits, slacks, button down tops, etc.). I don't wear makeup anyway, so don't worry about that. My hair is currently in twists, as my naturally curly hair is in desperate need of a trim. Normally, I would wear it out or (since it's the summer time) have it pulled back in a neat low puff or bun. I have been loving it. We have video conference calls, but I don't turn on my camera
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 01:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Haven't changed too much because I was pretty casual beforehand, but the one thing that has definitely changed is my choice of footwear. I used to always put on something that helped give me a little height -- I wouldn't say heels, but Dansko's or so FitFlops. Now I wear workout shoes or sneakers all day long.
Old 08-01-20, 01:13 PM  
kat999

I've been WFH since 2019, actually, and so this changed very little to my routine or clothing. However, I just got a job (still WFH) that will require video conferences three times a week. For my interviews for this job, though, I wore workout clothes but threw on a cute top over my tank top, and then added makeup, jewelry, and did my hair. I may work on a system like that, because honestly I love wearing comfortable clothes so much now!
Old 08-01-20, 02:09 PM  
TracyQ

I’m enjoying reading about everyone’s WFH wardrobes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I might be in the minority here, but I still get up and get dressed as usual. I'm trying to stick to a routine for some sense of normalcy, which includes dressing in my normal (yet casual) clothing and putting on makeup. I really only go out to walk my dogs and for trips to the grocery store, vet, shops, etc. so it doesn't matter what I wear, but I like to differentiate between "out in public" clothing vs. "relaxing at home" clothing.
My friend who works in a law firm gets up and dressed (makeup and jewelry) every day even though she’s working from home.

Not me. My office switched from business to business casual about two years ago. But now that I’m working from home most days I’m totally casual and I love it. I used to buy my clothes from Talbots and Ann Taylor but my new WFH wardrobe is from Eddie Bauer and Columbia. I also stopped blow drying my hair, and wearing makeup and jewelry. I marvel at how much I enjoy being natural (I used to spend a lot of time on hair and makeup everyday). I’ve saved a bundle on all the products I used to buy.

I keep my video off for most of my meetings but lately I’ve noticed my company adding “be sure to turn your video on” on our invites which I don’t like to do. But when I have to have it on I wear a nice top with my shorts, a little mascara, eyeliner and lipstick.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 04:10 PM  
lizh

Wearing my workout clothes all day everyday is the best darn part of this stupid pandemic!! However, every once in a while I look longingly at all my cool shoes and sandals that I never wear anymore.

It is going to be VERY hard for me if we ever have to go back to the office. I hate the clothes!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 07:30 PM  
DBW

Casual clothes for me and slippers or flipflops! First time in 30 years no corns!
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 01:33 AM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I am WFH now too. I typically workout in the morning and would switch to an employer polo shirt. Then we lost AC. I started staying in my workout clothes just because of the lack of AC.
I don't have AC in my home, and in the past couple of weeks it's been quite hot (for Seattle at least), so I've been wearing my sweat-wicking workout clothes all day. They're all high-quality and nice looking, and I wear short-sleeve tops rather than tank tops, so it's still "professional" enough. My workplace, an international tech company, doesn't have a dress code and most people were wearing jeans and hoodies even before the pandemic, but I preferred to dress business-casual just because I like looking put-together. After six months of WFH though habits have definitely shifted.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 05:07 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizh View Post
Wearing my workout clothes all day everyday is the best darn part of this stupid pandemic!! However, every once in a while I look longingly at all my cool shoes and sandals that I never wear anymore.
This is me, I was a bit of a shoe shopaholic for a while and have lots of shoes from that which don't see a lot of wear. A lot of the clothes I had from when I was working in a business casual office (dresses, dress pants) are just sitting too since I have been working in casual offices for the past few years. I have pared some of it down already by getting a donate bag ready for Goodwill. I picked a couple favorite dresses to keep, just in case they might come in handy one day.

I have enjoyed working in loungy clothes for the past several months, I know that I have put on a few pounds though and by not even wearing jeans lately I don't know if they fit or what. Since I will be working from home for a while yet and maybe for good it's fine for now but need to get some weight off or for sure not gain anymore.

Still I am really enjoying wearing whatever I want for work, and not bothering with hair and makeup either, though I will do my hair and face some days. I recently cut my hair shorter and may go shorter yet, and if it looks terrible then I don't have to worry about going into the office for a while.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothes, clothing, coronavirus, covid-19