Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-20, 01:16 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
Pat

My rotation for May is to complete Yoga with Adriene’s 31 Day Yoga Revolution challenge (one of her older challenges) and walk outside each day for a minimum of 30 minutes. I’ll throw in some ‘Wild Cards’ - love this idea, Pat!
This stuck with me all morning. I haven't done her challenge from this year and think it would be great to start. Thanks for the idea.
Old 05-02-20, 01:17 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
buffmama - this is the template that Jessica uses in her challenges and on her subscription site. I think it is a nice well-rounded template!

Donna
Thanks Donna. How do you like her subscription site?
Old 05-02-20, 04:14 PM  
donnamp

buffmama - Jessica's subscription site is hitting the spot for me right now. Her workouts are somewhat sneaky - although some of them are short they end up being quite effective! She often includes shorter workouts which allow time for me to add on - which I like. So far, so good. Just enough structure without being too much.

And, I really am thinking about YwA - I used to do her practices all the time, but fell off the wagon over the last year. But, the simplicity of a daily yoga practice and a walk sound so appealing right now!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 05:09 PM  
Anny

Donna and buffmama, the routine and simplicity of having my exercise worked out for me right now is super helpful. And I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I complete a challenge.

I did the YWA Home challenge earlier this year and it inspired me to complete other challenges/rotations. I could feel the progression in my strength and flexibility.
Old 05-02-20, 07:54 PM  
donnamp

Anny - I was eyeing Home as a place to start! You have me thinking about it for sure!

Donna
Old 05-03-20, 09:57 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I signed up to do a virtual challenge called Bigfoot the Ultimate Social Distancer. I’m doing the trifecta which is a 5k, 10k, and a half marathon in the month of May. I plan to just do them on my treadmill. Disclosure: I’m really doing it for DH who watches every Bigfoot show available on TV. He liked the T-shirt so I got it in his size and I’ll keep the finisher medal, lol!

For strength, I’ll alternate Cathe Live workouts or Beachbody 10 Rounds weight workouts.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 10:57 AM  
donnamp

Anny - I did Home Day # 1 today - thanks for the inspiration. Although I haven't really been in the mood to follow a formal rotation - your post just inspired me to give this a try. I will be adding on some cardio, outdoor walks and probably Jessica Valent's pilates/strength workouts. I also fit in some Ellen Barrett each week....

Kathy g - sounds like a good challenge!

Donna
Old 05-03-20, 04:16 PM  
Anny

Donna, I hope you enjoy Home, and I love your list of workouts to add in as Wild Cards.

Kathy G - I am off to look at the Bigfoot Challenge now. May just sit in with my daily walks.

Tags
$1 per workout, rotation, rotation idea, rotation ideas, rotations