Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-19, 09:26 AM  
manleym

So when you convert your DVDs to mp4s do you lose the premixes? That's one reason I still use DVDs. I like all of the premix options.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 02:35 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I would say yes. I have also 'created' the premixes by splicing the full workout using Freemake. It takes time... that's why I don't do it. If I want to do premixes, I just pull out the DVD. Then the ripped workout is just a backup.

Way back when Cathe had the workout blender. I find that very useful. It's taken down now because keeping it on various platforms was costing too much to Cathe.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 06:38 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I would say yes. I have also 'created' the premixes by splicing the full workout using Freemake. It takes time... that's why I don't do it. If I want to do premixes, I just pull out the DVD. Then the ripped workout is just a backup.

Way back when Cathe had the workout blender. I find that very useful. It's taken down now because keeping it on various platforms was costing too much to Cathe.
Thanks for the reply, HDW. I figured the premixes would be lost, but thought I'd ask anyway. I remember Cathe having the workout blender but I never used it. I'll just keep my dvds so I can use the premixes.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 06:45 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I have a Samsung. I saw Sony had it too. I have a 4TB drive that my player could not read (its my computer backup drive which includes everything on my computer). I do not have problems with 500GB, 1TB and 2TB hard drive.
Thanks. I have a Samsung tv and it won't play my external drive that is 3.0, but will play my others which are 2.0. Otherwise I have to use USB sticks and they can't hold a lot. I will have to look at those dvd players

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 12:03 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Old 01-01-20, 01:30 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I joined the tear off the shrink wrap check in which started a few months ago. It is on GD not the check in and challenges section of the forum. As a result, I am going through the virgins in my collection as well as ones I have done only once or haven’t done in ages. After doing a DVD I decide whether it is a keeper. It’s kind of nice revisiting the oldies. Some honestly are way beyond my current capabilities but I might keep for sentimental reasons.

TBH, I stopped doing video workouts because I mostly did paper strength workouts in the gym or at home and walking for cardio. For various reasons, I took a break from that routine recently and started doing Linda Woolridge downloads and DVDs and other virgins and dust bunnies. It took me a while to get over my FOD(Fear of Downloads) but I like that they take up less space. However, I am reluctant to get rid of my DVDs (I have less than 100) because who knows what life has in store for me. Maybe I won’t be able to get to a gym for some reason. However for new workouts I am going to try to buy downloads whenever possible. Less clutter.

For those with virgin workouts on DVD that are causing angst, I recommend setting aside one or two workouts a week to do them. Feel free to join the Tear off the Shrinkwrap check in. That way you can decide whether they are worth keeping without totally messing with any rotation you are doing now. I tried doing nothing but virgins for a bit and it was frustrating because some were either too hard too easy or whatever and I felt like I wasn't getting what a I needed. One or two virgins or dust bunnies a week is more practical.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 09:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I joined the tear off the shrink wrap check in which started a few months ago. It is on GD not the check in and challenges section of the forum. ......Feel free to join the Tear off the Shrinkwrap check in. That way you can decide whether they are worth keeping without totally messing with any rotation you are doing now. ....
..... One or two virgins or dust bunnies a week is more practical.
And you're giving some great reviews on those Wooldridge workouts.. thanks!
One or two a week is a much easier way to incorporate them into a weekly routine. But reviews of others is a side benefit of joining this check-in.

Here it is:
new workout checkin

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 03:34 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
I'm hanging onto everything. Streaming can be unreliable.

I have found the two things I have a subscription for, I don't use them much, and intend to cancel when the intro period runs out. Out of sight, out of mind, but those attractive dvd cases are sitting right there and look like so much fun.
I agree! I still love having tangible workouts that I own and can use forever. And no one knows when I am using them because they don’t involve the nosy internet!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 06:51 PM  
Calistro

I am keeping my large dvd collection for as long as I am able. I still have a few 100 virgins to get through. I also know that dvds and players are becoming extinct, but I have got around that for now. I have purchased a few dvd players just in case they stop making those as well.
I also use you tube workouts at times, but I am not ready for streaming as I too lie something tangible.
I have traded and repurchased, but I think I know what I like now
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, purge regrets, purging, purging dvds