Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-17, 07:23 AM  
maigosia

BBS trampoline DVD review

I see that in different threads VFers ask about this new BBS rebounding DVD

OK...
I have BBS ... and honestly... I still have mixed feelings about it. I wanted to like it really...

About me:
- 35 years old
- 97 lbs , 5" short with TA sort of proportions I think
- Polish girl (sorry for my grammar or typos
- I always have a problem to find a cardio I like
- I use bellicon/strong bungees
- I love: HDM trampoline, TA trampoline workouts <3, Lauren Roxburgh trampoline workouts. I like running but it bulks me up plus my hip hurts...
- I love very high rep very low weight resistance
- I do mostly TA streaming... it really made a difference to my body

So my thoughts about BBS trampoline workout:
- the music is techno style, loud, mechanical music... I accept generic music but this is really bad. I don't get it how someone who has so many connections in entertainment industry can't pay some nice composer to make some pleasant, upbeat music on order.

- I don't like the white set + white room... I can't see the moves

- I don't like averyone doing this perfectly, like some artificial cheerleaders + they are in a stage makeup like in some Moulin Rouge... really. Crazy. I prefer TA dripping with sweat... Plus Simole without a makeup is a diffferent person (she showed some before after pictures on her instagram)... and it would be nice to sweat with a real Simone, like I'm real in front of my mirror...

- I don't like the structure of it...
1. warm up on the floor - which I don't understand why it's on the floor
2. cardio on the trampoline. I have Bellicon/strong (I'm really small, 44 kg = 97 lbs) and it's impossible to keep up with those 360 kicks. It's also too choreographed and not enough fun (due to lousy music and boring, repetitive moves and a lot of take it from the top... )
3. the same as number 2 but with a little bit different moves
4. the same as number 2 and 3 with a little bit different moves
5. upper body - with bbs tone-y-bands (I don't have them so I used light weights like with Hamelin) it's also pretty boring...
6. 2+3+4 mixed
7. lower body - I'm short and I tend to agree with TA that my body bulks too much from shuats, lunges etc - and this part can be bulking for body like mine. Buy If I was tall - I would really like this segment. It's good, but not for my body... One thing I don't like is doing barre moves with my sneakers on (and Simone have some of them). Katia from dancebody, Lekfit - they all do them like this and I really think my form is much worse in shoes.
8. Planks/Abs - this segment I really like. It's new and creative and fon
9. some cooldown

I did it from my memory so sorry if I mixed something up

My verdict: I don't see myself doing this workout often...
I prefer my trampoline workouts to be more fun and freestyle (I don't listen to tracy when she is warning me that I can't be off beat, I do my own stuff a lot even when doing trampoline cardio with a video). This one is hard to use on this manner...
What I really liked it planks/abs - but it's not enough for the price.

What I regret is - that noone does a trampoline workout with TA-like upper body moves (here there is short sequence of it with tone-y-bands, but it's too short and not very creative... I only see it as a way to sell the BBS band...)

I hope I didn't offend anyone
It's just my thoughts that may be helpful for some of you

Malgo
maigosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 07:28 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for the extensive review. I was still on the fence about this one.
Old 11-11-17, 07:29 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review! It doesn't really sound like something I would like either. I just discovered Lauren Roxburgh, and I really like her. I wished she would come out with more rebounding workouts. My favorite instructor is Fayth Caruso.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 07:44 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Thank you; very helpful. I hate "take it from the top" I'm starting to look at rebounder workouts. I don't think I'll get this one.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 11:01 AM  
sophiesmom

It’s so funny how different people’s pinions are! It’s cool!

I loved the workout .i have to keep myself from doing it two days in a row. I like the music, though I’m not crazy about the first song.

It reminded me of doing dance cardio combos but on a rebounder. The steps get broken down, she adds on then you go through the whole combo a few times then the same with a new one.
It’s not free style at all. I appreciated the standing stability work on the tramp. Very few do those types of moves. I don’t recall any barre type work?

Thank you for the review though! Very thorough!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 12:43 PM  
maigosia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
It’s so funny how different people’s pinions are! It’s cool!

I loved the workout .i have to keep myself from doing it two days in a row. I like the music, though I’m not crazy about the first song.

It reminded me of doing dance cardio combos but on a rebounder. The steps get broken down, she adds on then you go through the whole combo a few times then the same with a new one.
It’s not free style at all. I appreciated the standing stability work on the tramp. Very few do those types of moves. I don’t recall any barre type work?

Thank you for the review though! Very thorough!
Yes! This first song is killing me )

Barre moves - I mean 42-43 minute for example, balance work with extending legs. Somehow I would prefer to do it barefeet.

I did the workout 3 times and since I have it I will obviously give it another chance someday. It's always like that with us VFers All of the sudden we click with something (but for now I didn't click with Simone, too, she is kind and sweet but I don't know... It's unexplainable why we like to train with some and we don't feel like training with others
maigosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 01:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review! It's very helpful and saved me money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maigosia View Post
...I don't get it how someone who has so many connections in entertainment industry can't pay some nice composer to make some pleasant, upbeat music on order. ...
That made me laugh.

Workouts with good music are really rare.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 02:02 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maigosia View Post
Yes! This first song is killing me )

Barre moves - I mean 42-43 minute for example, balance work with extending legs. Somehow I would prefer to do it barefeet.

I did the workout 3 times and since I have it I will obviously give it another chance someday. It's always like that with us VFers All of the sudden we click with something (but for now I didn't click with Simone, too, she is kind and sweet but I don't know... It's unexplainable why we like to train with some and we don't feel like training with others

Right? It’s like “I should really click with this, but I don’t.”

It’s the vocals. They’re distracting. I had a rhythm going and it just messed me up!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 04:48 PM  
horsemom2

Malgo,

I do TA upper body while standing on a rebounder and even sitting on a stability ball.

If you have not tried Lekfit yet, you may prefer her style to BBS.

(I still have not done this workout because although I purchased it, it does not appeal to me)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body by simone, lekfit, mini trampoline, rebounder