Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-15, 02:27 PM  
muddjeansgal

Thanks. This thread inspired me to pull out Cathe's Basic Step workout today. I really enjoyed it.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-15, 05:38 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
Thanks. This thread inspired me to pull out Cathe's Basic Step workout today. I really enjoyed it.
Ha, that was the workout I wanted to do today but couldn't find on my shelves! Can't think where it went...

Glad you enjoyed it!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15, 09:24 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Wow - thanks, all for your considerate replies! :s

Aha Demeris you hit the nail on the head, and once upon a time I actually had that teeny waist. I think one of the reasons I had such great results with the original Firms 1 and 2 way back when was all that floorwork which imo resembles barre or balletic movements done at speed. Looking on my shelves I have a library of barre workouts (including the original Callanetics series and yes, even T-Tapp) but for some reason I always worry that they're not enough to tone my legs. You give me hope that perhaps - maybe even probably - they are. I sure don't want to make my legs bigger! May I ask, besides Callanetics and T-Tapp, which barre workouts/instructors you find helpful?

Thanks so much for all your kind and helpful replies!
Here are the workouts that I seem to have the best 'thigh' response to:

Callanetics 10/10
SuperCallanetics (but this one is so tough I seldom do it)
Callanetics Evolution
Fluidity Advanced (from the original infomercial)
Core Fusion (any of their barre, really)
P57 Classic

I have some Leah Sarago downloads, and I forget I own them because they aren't on my shelf, but when I remember to do them, I'm always amazed at just how well they work the trouble area of my thighs, just the right way!

Tracy Anderson's first Mat workout has great leg work.

When I steel myself for her bad grammar and annoying verbal inflections, V-Core by Emily Splichal, does wonders for my legs. Her Catwalk Confidence is a kinder, gentler workout, but the bad form in her background exercisers just irks me too much--plus their workout outfits are just a bit much, and this old woman rolls her eyes non-stop during the workout.

SOME barre work bulks me. I remember having some upsetting results from Squeeze and Pure Barre.

Finally, Karen Voight's workout with the pilates ring does some serious inner thigh work.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15, 01:14 PM  
fatkat555

My lower body has responded best to barre workouts. I used to do Firm workouts religiously, but never have I had the strength and definition that barre workouts have given me.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15, 01:26 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think step workouts made my legs slightly bigger, but then most of my body weight is in my lower body. I continue to do them though, because I still like step cardio best of all.
Old 06-01-15, 09:56 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I have been doing step for some months now because I always got great weight lost results from them and also incredible looking legs! I tried the workout from Kristy something. I forgot her name but the routines are way too complex!! I was fearful of tripping up and falling down and that's not an option now! I LOVE Cathe's old school step tapes on vhs. I am having them put on a dvd to continue. It's really good stuff and I fell in love with step all over again doing them.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step aerobics