Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
F1 Mon, were you a coach for beachbody?
I was. I left a few months ago.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 07:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

How are you? Good to see you again. You know for sure what its like to be overwhelmed. Didn't you have to try all the products or just what you wanted?
Did you ever get your "baby" weight gone?
How's the family from your loss? Don't want open old wounds but to me this still is hard to live with

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 09:20 PM  
F1mom

No, a Coach is under no obligation to buy everything. I bought more Shakeology than workouts over the course of two years, but the sets I bought included Yoga Booty Ballet Ab & Butt Makeover, Brazil Butt Lift, Body Beast, Body Gospel and Turbo Fire.

We are fine, thanks for asking.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 03:14 PM  
Terry

I've been decluttering for two years but it's been slow and I've also added new workouts during that time. Last week I still had over 800 workouts calling me to be done all at once regardless of that being impossible.

This week I still have over 800 workouts but I've finally given myself permission to "Be in the Moment" and do what I had planned without feeling stress that I'm not doing all of those other workouts. I'll still declutter when I end up doing a Virgin I don't like so much or I get tired of something I used to like, but I'm no longer making declutter a big deal.
  • NOTE: The thread on the possible loss of DVD workouts in the future helped me come to this Mindfulness choice. As long as I have backup DVD players and plenty of DVDs (I also have VHS and backup VCRs), I can continue using my TV for workouts until my 100th birthday.
I have my workouts shelved in groups, some by instructor some by type. My workout plan tells me the groups from which I can currently choose my workouts and I have a general day-of-the week plan showing me what types of workouts to pick from within the groups. "Being Mindful" means sticking with this plan and only choosing from the groups listed on my plan, stress-free, until the plan changes. If I've run out of a type of workout within the currently listed groups, I'll change the plan that day.

I actually just changed my plan today due to an upcoming live boot camp I'm not ready to tackle. Thank goodness I have a giant collection to help me out on this.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 04:00 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I need a plan. I've been pretty random with my workouts with no visible results. I am so overwhelmed by all the choices I have now (as I download new workouts from Youtube even as I write this), I am having a hell of a time coming up with a spring rotation.
I have a hard time with rotations because I like variety and have accumulated too many great workouts. But for me, I have noticed I do get better results when I either do a rotation or follow a template. By following a template, I mean have a general plan of what my exercise week should be like without planning the specific workouts. I've had really good results with this assuming my diet is also good. An example might be: Strength, muscle endurance or toning 3 times a week, cardio 3 times a week. Or Strength/toning 2 times a week, cardio 2 times a week, yoga, fusion or long athletic stretch 2 times a week. Or more specific like: Barre twice a week, dance twice a week, yoga twice a week. Or however, but choosing the genre per day but not the specific workout. The other thing that seems to work for me is to break systems or rotations into 4 week rotations and just commit to 4 weeks at a time with the option to change. I think it does help to have a plan, and ideally for me the muscle work would become progressively more challenging week to week for several weeks followed by one "easy" week. It is easier to do this with some of the systems, but it can also be done by modifying single workouts to become more challenging.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, large collection, too many choices