Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-13, 07:31 PM  
akaAnnie

Burning youtube downloads to DVD?

I have a few youtube downloads I've been trying to burn to DVD but they will only play with media player on my computer. Has anyone managed to burn them to DVD that will play in a regular DVD player? I download when I hav access to high speed internet and bring the download home on a jump drive. I tried various programs, the latest being freemake(to burn) and the dvd played on media player but the regular player doesn't recognize it. I download as a mp4. I can get a playable dvd using ConvertXto DVD but because it's a trial version an ad keeps coming up which is distracting, I'd like to view without it. Any suggestions?
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 10:17 PM  
Getfit

I use 123 copy DVD. You can choose the format you want to download in MP4, Windows Media, Android, Apple TV, Ipad, Kindle Fire, Zune, etc or you can convert the file afterwards. You can also make a DVD compilation. You can put your media on any device. I purchased it at Fry's and it with free with rebate. Here is the link. They do have a trial offer.

http://www.123copydvd.com/
Old 02-04-13, 04:37 AM  
topfitmama

I use Freemake Video Converter.
It's very easy to use and you can even use it for making backup copies and premixes from your DVDs. I love it!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 05:25 AM  
akaAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I use Freemake Video Converter.
It's very easy to use and you can even use it for making backup copies and premixes from your DVDs. I love it!
The dvd I made with freemake didn't play on my regular dvd player and would only play in media player on my computer-it wouldn't play on powerdvd8 on the computer either. Should I download in something besides mp4? I can't burn at the same time as I download so I have to be able to put it on a jump drive.
Old 02-04-13, 06:23 AM  
Helen

The format you download in doesn't matter so long as your DVD making software can recognise it to be used to make a playable DVD.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 07:14 AM  
horsemom2

Are you absolutely sure you are burning it as a dvd movie and not just transferring the video files as data files to the dvdr?

Can always try to burn wmv format with Windows DVD Maker instead.
Windows DVD Maker will not burn MP4.
Freemake can convert the MP4 files to wmv for you.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 07:19 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I used Freemake and mine wouldn't play in the DVD player either. Someone told me to download in a format other than Flash. I thought I had, and I never tried again.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 07:53 AM  
horsemom2

Download file format does not matter with Freemake.
However, it does matter if trying to burn with Windows Movie Maker which should be on most Windows Operating computers/laptops.

Sometimes the dvd drive is defaulted to burn data files, not dvd movies for a standalone player. Put a blank dvdr in the drive. Try right clicking on the dvd drive in Windows Explorer to determine your default.
Some older dvd drives are not capable of burning movies at all, just playing them.

ETA: try looking at the burned dvdr files/folders with Windows Explorer and see if it has VTS files in a VideoTS folder and a bunch of other different file types in it. If it is just a listing of the video files, you have a data dvdr. If it isn't just a data dvdr, then you may need a different dvd player.

Windows Media Player just burns data files onto dvdr, not dvdrs for standalone DVD players.

Barb S
Old 02-04-13, 04:16 PM  
akaAnnie

OK...I just got home and popped the dvd into the computerand went to see what kind of files were on the darned thing like Horsemom suggested and up popped Powerdvd and it started playing. I can't try it in the regular player yet as my son is unwinding in front of that but I have hope-Powerdvd is what usually pops up to play a commercial dvd. I swear it didn't work before....
Old 02-04-13, 05:26 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
OK...I just got home and popped the dvd into the computerand went to see what kind of files were on the darned thing like Horsemom suggested and up popped Powerdvd and it started playing. I can't try it in the regular player yet as my son is unwinding in front of that but I have hope-Powerdvd is what usually pops up to play a commercial dvd. I swear it didn't work before....
I just waved my magic wand LOL

Actually, I do not give up easily and noticed often with Freemake I have to try something more than once for it to work, especially when I want to rip a title off a dvd, even a dvdr I burned with Freemake!

Barb S

Tags
download to dvd, freemake, mp4, ripping dvds, youtube downloads