Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-12, 11:50 AM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I like both workouts, but I like the hips one better. It has more standing work than the butt workout, and more moves that are unique (to me anyway!). But both are worth having if your lower body is a problem area.
Thanks, Jane! I prefer standing work, so I think I'd prefer the hips workout, too.
Old 08-15-12, 11:56 AM  
hotncmom

By "Hips" does she mean thighs? Because if you have already done a butt workout, it makes sense to make one for the legs/thighs. I am confused by "hips" because to me that is the butt area and the tops of the thighs where the femur joins the pelvis. Does hips work the lateral and medial thigh area as well as the front and the back of the thigh?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 01:33 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
By "Hips" does she mean thighs? Because if you have already done a butt workout, it makes sense to make one for the legs/thighs. I am confused by "hips" because to me that is the butt area and the tops of the thighs where the femur joins the pelvis. Does hips work the lateral and medial thigh area as well as the front and the back of the thigh?
Thankyou. This is what I need to know as well. I have that saddlebag thing that looks like the sides of a heart on my legs?Butt is round and high, legs are pretty muscular (could lose some all around thighs really, but its pretty muscular) - but the "saddlebags" I guess sticks out like a sore thumb, lol. Would I need the hips one or the butt one?

(and thankyou very much for the review!!)
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 02:07 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have the Hips workout. I can tell you that personally, I need it. I feel like I do not have good flexibility/range of motion in my hips, and this workout really seems to help. I just wish that I had time to do it more often. I travel a lot for work, or I would be doing it at least 1 to 2 times per week. I have the Butt workout, but have not done it yet. I love Tracie's workouts!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 02:08 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Thankyou. This is what I need to know as well. I have that saddlebag thing that looks like the sides of a heart on my legs?Butt is round and high, legs are pretty muscular (could lose some all around thighs really, but its pretty muscular) - but the "saddlebags" I guess sticks out like a sore thumb, lol. Would I need the hips one or the butt one?

(and thankyou very much for the review!!)
The butt workout primarily works the backside - glutes and hamstrings. I guess I would have to say that the hips workout is more of a thigh workout, but it really works that whole area, saddlebags included! It has a lot of abductor and adductor moves, and a lot of circular leg movements, for lack of a better way to describe them.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 02:50 PM  
marmact

You could probably use the Tracey Anderson test to figure this out. I think she says that if you lift your butt up with your hands and doing so makes your thighs look slimmer, you are glutecentric (so therefore you should get Tracey's Butt workout, one would think).

Maybe a TA expert will chime in; I'm only repeating what I've read on the boards.
Old 08-15-12, 04:53 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
The butt workout primarily works the backside - glutes and hamstrings. I guess I would have to say that the hips workout is more of a thigh workout, but it really works that whole area, saddlebags included! It has a lot of abductor and adductor moves, and a lot of circular leg movements, for lack of a better way to describe them.
Thankyou! That sounds like what I need!!
Old 08-15-12, 04:58 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
You could probably use the Tracey Anderson test to figure this out. I think she says that if you lift your butt up with your hands and doing so makes your thighs look slimmer, you are glutecentric (so therefore you should get Tracey's Butt workout, one would think).

Maybe a TA expert will chime in; I'm only repeating what I've read on the boards.
Thankyou. I kinda hope they don't unless everybody wants to know. I don't want to change the thread. I was just curious on which workout, but thankyou very much. i think i looked at the test a while ago, but have since forgotten.
Old 08-15-12, 06:18 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
I like both workouts, but I like the hips one better. It has more standing work than the butt workout, and more moves that are unique (to me anyway!). But both are worth having if your lower body is a problem area.
I agree with everything you said!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figure 30, figure 30 butt, figure 30 hips, figure 30: butt, tracie long