Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-02, 10:56 AM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

Question about Leslie Sansone's ball weights

I got my mom the Walk Away the Pounds set at Sam's Club, and it came with the two little weights. She did the tape for the first time yesterday, and really enjoyed it, although she was cracking up at all the cast members little comments like, "Whew, we're feeling this." She is convinced they're all aerobics instructors and the 1 mile walk is their warm up. Anyway, she can't figure out how to fill up those weights with water. She says she stands there forever, and they still don't get filled up. They didn't come with any instructions or anything, so I told her I'd ask here to see if anyone had any helpful hints. If you know how to fill them up, let me know. Thanks
Old 01-26-02, 11:03 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Water?

Are you talking about the 2 pound blue balls? They aren't supposed to be filled with water. She should use them as is. I'm trying to imagine how she was putting water in them.
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-02, 11:08 AM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

But they're deflated

They came in the box deflated, and I thought it said somewhere on there to put water in them. Should she inflate them with air??
Old 01-26-02, 11:09 AM  
PamelaP

The ones they're selling at Sam's are supposed to be filled with water. I guess they did this to save space in the packaging. I was surprised when I read that on the box, since I think with the infomercial sets the balls were more like Green Genies where they are prefilled with sand or gel or whatever. I don't have the water-balls, so can't help on filling technique, sorry!
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-02, 11:12 AM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

Are you sure they didn't have instructions? Mine had instructions, but of course I can't find them now. If I do find them, I'll post how to do it. Since she has a website, maybe there's a contact where you could email for instructions?
Old 01-26-02, 05:26 PM  
GrkChick

Question How about....

Blowing into them so as to inflate them like a baloon and then immerse them into water and sqeeze the air out and letting the water come back in ? [have no idea about these balls and how they operate just replying off the top of my head here ]

Denise
GrkChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-02, 11:10 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Instructions

Hi Emily. I happened to still have my filling instructions.

Instructions for how to fill up your Walk Away Weights with water.
1. Using your hand, flatten out the ball so that it is completely empty of air.
2. Put ball opening directly up to faucet, so that mouth of faucet covers opening completely.
3. Turn water on and you will see ball begin to fill. Cup ball on bottom with your hand as it fills.
4. As ball gets fuller and rounder, hold with one hand on each side, maintain water pressure and connection between faucet and opening.
5. When ball is completely full, turn off water, insert plug into opening, and get ready to Walk Away the Pounds.

It took a bit before the water seemed to be going into them. Fill them really full to get to 2 pounds. I weighed them on my kitchen scales, holding a finger over the opening until I got them to the correct weight.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
balls, leslie ball weights, leslie sansone toning, watp