Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-12, 10:30 AM  
runnermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Will the hip workout help in increasing mobility/flexibility in the hips?
I would think it would. She uses moves that work the hip through alot of different ranges of motion- back, side, front, roundhouse-like kicks, etc. She has a good stretch at the end as well. Not as good as a yoga practice dedicated to hip opening though.
Bad hips run in my family so I bought this in hope that I can keep mine strong for as long as possible.
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 10:53 AM  
Piper
VF Supporter

I LOVE this workout! I use it at least once a week, and burn about 200 calories.
I feel it right in the thutt!

"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."
-Spanish Proverb

"You are what you repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Current Rotation:
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 11:48 AM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I LOVE this workout!...
totally!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 12:34 PM  
Hilary

For those of you who do/have done Tracy Anderson Meta or Continuity, how do they compare?
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 01:49 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I LOVE this workout! I use it at least once a week, and burn about 200 calories.
That is awesome! I just got this last week and haven't had a chance to try it bc I've got so much new stuff lately. Maybe tomorrow as I just did part of Butts and Guts yesterday.
Looking forward to it.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 01:59 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
For those of you who do/have done Tracy Anderson Meta or Continuity, how do they compare?
I have Meta Hip but I have never done it (or even looked past the arms part of week 1); but still I don't think they are alike in any way. Tracie Long is not rep intensive and even her floor work, on Butt is < 10 minutes; in the Hip one, the floor work seems about 2 minutes. Both of TL DVDs are structured 5 minute warmup, 10 minute work, 10 minute work with a different focus, 5 minute stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Hijacking a bit, but I'm curious which Tracie's you've been using, Barb, and you're general rotation with her what kind of results you've been getting. TIA
I'm using the original 3 TLPS, TLP Core Cardio, 3 of the TLTs, the Longevity DVDs except BackUp (which I don't own anymore), the 2 Reboots and the Butt and Hip ones. Not too much visable results - lost about 3 lbs and doing the pants-meter and some improvement there. But the big RESULT is prior to doing exclusively TL, I had been waking up every night with leg issues - feeling like they need stretched. That has totally been elimated within the first few days and reason enough to continue.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for your reply, Barb. I have several TLPs and TLTs and most of the Longevities. I just need the newer ones, Reboots and Hips & Butt. And I agree the result with the leg issues is definitely enough to continue!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 09:56 AM  
sunday

Hilary: Meta Hip and Tracie's Butt workout do not compare. They are completely different. Tracie's is very athletic with some squat and lunge-type moves. And of course we know what TA is like.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 10:36 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Why - after all this time - did I open this thread today ENABLERS - all of you !!! Have I given one iota of thought to these workouts until this moment? NO !!!

Well, no more time for reprimands - I'm off to look for clips.

ETA: Whew! Watched the clip. Not for me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figure 30 hips