Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-12, 12:14 PM  
momofcha

Tracie Long Figure 30 Hips

Let me preface this with the fact that I have never done a review, but wanted to on this one because I really rather enjoyed it despite the bad reviews on Collage.

I am an advanced exerciser, but as I am getting older I am finding I am craving less and less intensity, puke in a bucket workouts. I am a fan of barre workouts - with P57 being my favorite. This is a nice alternative to barre for those that like the idea, but aren't barre-istas. Think turbo barre.

My biggest complaint is her cueing is really bad, but the moves are easy to pick up and by the second time through you'll have no problem.

I found the moves to be effective and I felt great after it. A lot of "hurdle" moves to work the outer thigh/hip. A few squats & lunges, but with a nice twist. I hate lunges, but thought the amount & style was good. A few very short "cardio" bursts were interspersed. Again, just enough to get your heart pumping, and then she stopped.

She also included a fair amount of balance work, which I find rather important as I'm aging.

I haven't used a tracie Long DVD in years. We're talking 5+ years, but I'm really glad I gave this one a shot. The workout was about 26 min & ended with a decent stretch.

I'm not good at breaking down each & every exercise, but I hope this gives you enough of an idea.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 01:24 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks, Sue! This one is still sort of floating around in the back of my mind as a "maybe". I had sort of dismissed it, but you've put it back there....
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 02:01 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have this one, and have already done it twice. I am probably going to do it at least once this comming week. I really like it. It is different, and I did have a bit of a time following her, the first time around. I am a huge fan of floor work for the lower body, and thought this would be a nice change. It is.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figure 30 hips, tracie long