Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-11, 06:46 PM  
faith458

I have a hard time keeping the ball in place too. I always wondered if it is because I'm short. My other problem is that when the ball pops out the bulldog runs for it. I've had enough problems with him trying to get the ball when it's between my knees or feet when I'm doing the Dailey Method.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 08:04 AM  
ruthular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancho Girl View Post
Given that, when my partner recently asked "how was your workout", the first thing I said was "my #$%*#%$ blue ball wouldn't stay behind my leg!", I know exactly what you mean....
Love it! Lol
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 08:44 AM  
bigpeeky

i gave up on the ball behind the knee for the new p57 workouts. i use my lowry loft ring. stays a little better.
bigpeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 04:08 PM  
Orlita

I got one of these (the one that says throw/catch). I'd used the Pure Barre ball in class & had no trouble with it (vs. the sticky pink ball from the Xtend instructor's 10-minute-solution pilates dvd, which is great for that workout but slips in barre when I wear yoga pants, which I always do). This is the same as the Pure Barre ball, as far as I can tell, but w/ different colors. It's textured the same way. I like it.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-11, 06:31 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Do you wear long pants? Have you tried wearing shorts?
I tried shorts this morning and it worked! My blue ball stayed in place.

Which means I spent the entire workout looking at the P57 girls in their long pants thinking "how do they manage it????" and feeling like they know some secret to the universe.

So, solution found. Which means my legs are going to be blue throughout winter...

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-11, 06:46 PM  
Glow Girl

I have the FitBall. I also found that wearing shorts was the best way to keep the ball behind my knee. When I wear long pants it just gets too frustrating to try to keep in in place.
Glow Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ball, balls, barre ball