Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-10, 06:49 PM  
TerriP

I broke all 3 bones in my ankle in October 2008 and had surgery a week later after the swelling went down. I had a plate and some screws implanted. I was totally non weight bearing per doctors orders for 3 months and started physical therapy in late December. My therapist told me it may take up to 2 years for my ankle to be normal. I mainly did upper body work while I was laid up. I totally know what you mean about timing, I was laid up for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it was a real pain. I broke my right ankle so I couldn't drive for several months. Slowly but surely with the physical therapy my ankle got stronger and now 2 years later I am pretty much back to normal, although I still cannot balance on the injured leg the way I could before the injury. I also cannot wear high heels anymore, my ankle just doesn't feel stable enough. I keep doing the exercises I learned in physical therapy and I hope I will see even further improvement. Just do what your doctor and therapist advise. You can google ankle physical therapy and there are videos and pictures of the different exercises. I hope you heal fast, I know it is a pain to deal with.
TerriP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-10, 08:01 PM  
jennstar

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It is nice to hear about other people's situations. I am slowly just accepting that this is how it is, and I have to be positive and move on. I may not be doing Cathe or any high impact exercise for a long time, but I am sure that I will find some other form of exercise that I never would have thought of doing before my injury.

I am going to listen to my doctor and my body, and just go from there. I will not be pushing myself for anything I am not ready for.

Again, I really want to thank everyone, VF is such a wonderful, kind and supportive place to be part of. I am very happy that I found a great forum like this to belong to!
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 10:12 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I also recommend some "retail therapy". Buy some great upper body videos and work on those guns while your ankle recovers.

Tags
ankle injury, broken ankle