Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-16, 06:50 PM  
MoFirmer

Emily Welsh offering online Bootcamps!

Okay I am drooling over this! I saw this on Facebook just a bit ago.

Emily posted the following -

"Guess what!
My boot camp is going virtual!!
For all of you that have wanted to do The FLEX boot camp but haven't been able to due to location, well, that's no longer an issue!! I'll be posting information this week and would love to have you join me!!
We will begin March 7!!
Weekly workouts (personalized), check-ins with me, nutrition help and much more!!
Let me know if you're interested! Stay tuned!!"

This sounds great!
Old 02-08-16, 06:51 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Oh wow! With this and BEMAX, I'm in FIRM-heaven!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 07:05 PM  
MoFirmer

You and me both!!!!! Emily said this is along the lines of what she does in her studio for their bootcamps!!!!
Old 02-08-16, 09:38 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

When and how much????
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 11:16 PM  
MoFirmer

It starts March 7. More information will come tomorrow. No pricing yet.
Old 02-09-16, 11:55 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Thank you for the update. I will watch as I love the Firm, always have. I am doing one of her Firm videos this week!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 04:23 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I don't know how much I can cut & paste from the closed Facebook group, so I'll just leave it as this: For the online group bootcamp program, it looks like it will be $300 for the six-week program.

That's way outside my budget, so I won't be signing up. I hope the BEMAX streaming service, when it's officially launched, will be more affordable.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 08:38 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I don't know how much I can cut & paste from the closed Facebook group, so I'll just leave it as this: For the online group bootcamp program, it looks like it will be $300 for the six-week program.

That's way outside my budget, so I won't be signing up. I hope the BEMAX streaming service, when it's officially launched, will be more affordable.
$300!!! Wow...thanks but no thanks.

Hopefully, like you said, the BEMAX will be more affordable.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 10:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

. I find the whole streaming/online workout trend such a money suck for the consumer and a very lazy way for the instructor to make money without all the expense of putting out great dvds which includes good sets, music, outfits etc. JMHO of course.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-16, 11:28 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
. I find the whole streaming/online workout trend such a money suck for the consumer and a very lazy way for the instructor to make money without all the expense of putting out great dvds which includes good sets, music, outfits etc. JMHO of course.
I am disappointed that the technology move to streaming/online is happening more and more. The exercise DVD industry is quickly going by the wayside. Suppose there are just a few streaming workouts that I like from a particular instructor. Instead of having the option to buy just those workouts on DVD, I'm sucked into paying a monthly fee to view/use it! I never really "own" anything with a streaming membership...

Although there are some aspects of streaming that I like, for example, getting a "new" workout from a favorite instructor more frequently, seeing the instructor in a real-life setting and not all the fanfare that goes along with making a polished DVD. My biggest gripe with streaming (besides the hassle of those days when internet strength is not great), is that the music is usually not that loud compared to a DVD. As someone that is greatly motivated my music during my workouts, this is disheartening and makes me treasure my DVDs even more!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bemax, emily welsh, the firm, the flex